Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Our Euro scouting has tripped the Jets up more than anything... Ves and Torgersson are massive misses - Ves had massive red flags

Its been a long time now that there's a gap between deployment and drafting - Perfetti can be a great player but Lundell or Schneider would have critical late game roles on our roster.

Even this year, the Jets just don't value defensemen as top draft picks... Chib is nice but we passed on a 6'3 right shot puck moving defenceman

Jets hit the jackpot with Samberg... and then we just draft 2nd round tweener C/W or wingers that the team just really doesn't have space for - while our D cupboard is a kind of bare.
I'm starting to think maybe its time for the Jets to hired a better scouting team or at least assign more of them to Canada.
If the Jets rookies can't crack the lineup or even get some games in that tells me they don't have the talent or the Jets are being cheap with ELC.
We know Jets can't attract big FAs like Vegas who don't need to draft good so they can afford to trade away their picks. The Jets don't have that luxury ... they need to hit better on their picks so why not spend more money on scouting or just offer more money for the Stars scouting staff.:D

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
As for Little, his scoring clearly wasn't good enough for the org either hence them spending big assets on Stastny and Hayes at the deadline in 18/19.
I think my memory was foggy with Little. Just looked again at his career stats and he was barely even in that 2C level for scoring - he hadn't been over 50 points since 14/15.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
My argument is trying to see if we can develop someone better then continuing to recycle through mediocre/aging C's. What has it actually got this org? We are down a lot of assets and have zero playoff success outside of one year to show for that strategy. Maybe it's time to try something different as bringing in this caliber of vet C isn't working.

Maybe he's that going forward but it took a major uptick in his shooting to get him close to 60 so imo it's likely not something that should be expected given his age.

Perfetti is a young player getting better so yes I'll bank on his upside and expect he'll be even better next year and has the attributes to grow into a consistent 60 plus point two/way C if given the opportunity. Your free to disagree. Injuries and what happened last year are parts of learning how to be an NHL player.

As for Little, his scoring clearly wasn't good enough for the org either hence them spending big assets on Stastny and Hayes at the deadline in 18/19.
Here's one way of looking at it...

If Perfetti wasn't drafted to be our 2C, then picking him over Lundell means that not only did we use THAT pick on Cole, but also the 1st we spent on Monahan this season and any future capitol we use to fill that spot

And for the record (it's sad that I need to do this or else I'll be labeled a Perfetti hater), I love Cole as a player and think his upside is much higher than Lundell's

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Here's one way of looking at it...

If Perfetti wasn't drafted to be our 2C, then picking him over Lundell means that not only did we use THAT pick on Cole, but also the 1st we spent on Monahan this season and any future capitol we use to fill that spot

And for the record (it's sad that I need to do this or else I'll be labeled a Perfetti hater), I love Cole as a player and think his upside is much higher than Lundell's

To me it's not who they have been drafting but it's how they have developed and integrated. They seem to be putting too much pressure on themselves whether it be to keep the stars happy, to sell tickets etc that it's making them abandon what they had planned far too quickly.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
To me it's not who they have been drafting but it's how they have developed and integrated. They seem to be putting too much pressure on themselves whether it be to keep the stars happy, to sell tickets etc that it's making them abandon what they had planned far too quickly.
They gave Stan and ves chance after chance after chance... perfetti was handed 2C last season and just didn't grab it.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agreed. Instead of developing these pieces we are expending a lot of assets over the years for short term solutions like Stastny, Hayes, Monohan etc.... That is 3 plus first round picks out the window for a rental 2C.

As stated earlier a 40 point Monohan isn't good enough to contend with imo. We need to actually take some risks and see if we can develop a better option in house.
Or trade for a legit 2C. Our core's peak isn't going to last much longer

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They gave Stan and ves chance after chance after chance... perfetti was handed 2C last season and just didn't grab it.

Three games isn't a legit chance and you know it.

A legit chance is a 1/4 a season. It takes time to adapt and get comfortable.

Anyhow it sounds like the Jets want Sean back so this conversation is likely moot. But it's going to cost us Ehlers cap wise and as such we will be an even slower team next year. I hope they have plans to mitigate that.

Yeah, I was so pumped for that. I wonder if they give Gabriel a legit shot at C? I'd like to see them give him 20 games at least

I have to wonder at this point if they aren't trying him there due to his past injuries. Wonder if they deem the wear and tare more of a risk factor for him.

The issue for him is still staying healthy.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
From a cap perspective along with moving or buying out one of Schmidt or Pionk (both ideally if we could find upgrades), I wonder if the Jets also try to move Iafallo.

If they don't need the cap space (able to find upgrades), it's not a huge deal as he's only got 1 year left, but it could be an option.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Idk how much stock I put into McIntyre tbh. Dillon was on Vancouver radio apparently further feeding into the Canucks rumors.

If Dillon is re signs then that pretty much locks up the LD side next year, and maybe multiple.

RHD is a huge concern with nothing readily available as far as prospects /young players that can be a top - 4. If Demelo walks, I liked Brett Pesce years ago but admittedly haven't followed him since. I don't think he's in the top tier or high name-value type of player that would scoff at Winnipeg, but no clue. Players seem to be comfortably extending here once they get here (nino, names, stastny for example) but seem less inclined to sign as a true ufa on July 1.

Last edited:

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Idk how much stock I put into McIntyre tbh. Dillon was on Vancouver radio apparently further feeding into the Canucks rumors.
Exactly, Dillon basically said he was heading to UFA is what I read. Something doesn't make sense.

I like Dillon but (assuming his ask is reasonable) Demelo is the more valuable player to the Jets and my recollection is that he specifically said he wanted to stay here.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Exactly, Dillon basically said he was heading to UFA is what I read. Something doesn't make sense.

I like Dillon but (assuming his ask is reasonable) Demelo is the more valuable player to the Jets and my recollection is that he specifically said he wanted to stay here.
what? players do shit like this all the time to get a better offer from the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad