Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Elliotte on the Jets and Sean Monahan:

“Winnipeg wants to keep him, is trying to keep him, and what are the domino’s that could fall if they do keep him.”

Elliotte reported earlier in the year that Winnipeg had tried to acquire Monahan for multiple seasons prior.

#NHLJets

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

“Winnipeg wants to keep him, is trying to keep him, and what are the domino’s that could fall if they do keep him.”

Elliotte reported earlier in the year that Winnipeg had tried to acquire Monahan for multiple seasons prior.

#NHLJets
Couldn't have offered much if we didn't beat montreals 5th rounder ha

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

#NHLJets
Based on his regular season play: YAY

Based on his post season play: BOO

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Based on his regular season play: YAY

Based on his post season play: BOO
But these are the types of gambles Chevy has to make, that Monahan can elevate his game along with the rest of the team in the playoffs. We need a #2 center and we have the inside track on signing one. We have no one else ready for the job. As much as we all hated how the playoffs went, the organization has no choice to now focus on the regular season, because no team gets a free pass to the playoffs as you have to play 82 regular season games first. We then have to trust/believe/hope/dream that the team can grow and improve and be a better version of themselves next playoffs.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
But these are the types of gambles Chevy has to make, that Monahan can elevate his game along with the rest of the team in the playoffs. We need a #2 center and we have the inside track on signing one. We have no one else ready for the job. As much as we all hated how the playoffs went, the organization has no choice to now focus on the regular season, because no team gets a free pass to the playoffs as you have to play 82 regular season games first. We then have to trust/believe/hope/dream that the team can grow and improve and be a better version of themselves next playoffs.
The idea of him losing a step as he ages worries me. He doesn't have many steps to lose

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’d rather gamble on perfetti or lamb than mono. I’d even be fine with mono in a mentor role if as soon as Perfetti passes him the team is willing to switch which we have not seen from this team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I’d rather gamble on perfetti or lamb than mono. I’d even be fine with mono in a mentor role if as soon as Perfetti passes him the team is willing to switch which we have not seen from this team.
I've always been in Perfetti's corner, but I think the dream of him as an NHL center has pretty much died. At this point you want him to develop into a nice playmaking top 6 winger and maybe the go through of your #1 PP has he further hones his playmaking skills. Lambert still appears to be a future option especially with his speed and quickness. The question is if he can maintain his offense with the additional defensive responsibilities at the NHL level.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I've always been in Perfetti's corner, but I think the dream of him as an NHL center has pretty much died. At this point you want him to develop into a nice playmaking top 6 winger and maybe the go through of your #1 PP has he further hones his playmaking skills. Lambert still appears to be a future option especially with his speed and quickness. The question is if he can maintain his offense with the additional defensive responsibilities at the NHL level.
Then I’d rather they try lambert at centre and struggle in the first half then bring back mono as we neee to hopefully grow not stay where we are.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Then I’d rather they try lambert at centre and struggle in the first half then bring back mono as we neee to hopefully grow not stay where we are.
I think Lambert will be given an opportunity at center based on his usage on the Moose, but being the #2 center is probably at least 3 years away if he continues to develop well. Monahan makes sense as an intermediary option.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I think Lambert is more than 40ish games away from being a legitimate 2nd line C in the NHL.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think Lambert will be given an opportunity at center based on his usage on the Moose, but being the #2 center is probably at least 3 years away if he continues to develop well. Monahan makes sense as an intermediary option.
I disagree. I think if lambert isn’t ready and perfetti can’t play centre they are in trouble. After all, schief isn’t good enough so hopefully get better in future. Mono represents same old and is too slow.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The idea of him losing a step as he ages worries me. He doesn't have many steps to lose
I really don't get this. I think his speed is fine. His agility isn't great but maybe with another offseason of training he can regain that. He's had hip problems so that's the big question mark.

Reactions: Buffdog

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I disagree. I think if lambert isn’t ready and perfetti can’t play centre they are in trouble. After all, schief isn’t good enough so hopefully get better in future. Mono represents same old and is too slow.
You realize the likelihood of either Perfetti or Lambert exceeding Scheifele at center is very unlikely for several years and even then for either to sustain his career production is even more unlikely.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I was surprised how soft he was in the playoffs. Gotta get him some big fast wingers who can forecheck because he sure can't.
Need to deal for Lawson Crouse or lure Jake Debrusk or Frank Vatrano (UFA in 2025) here via free agency.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You realize the likelihood of either Perfetti or Lambert exceeding Scheifele at center is very unlikely for several years and even then for either to sustain his career production is even more unlikely.
You realize the chances of much improvement by maintaining status quo is usually low.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You realize the chances of much improvement by maintaining status quo is usually low.
I’m not advocating for status quo but rather trying to be realistic about our options. If Lambert is ready for the NHL you want to put him in a position to succeed and not throw him to the wolves. My guess is he starts on the Moose and gets a couple injury call ups. Hopefully he gets used at center down the lineup with wingers that can produce offense.

Reactions: surixon

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Assuming no substantial trades or new FA acquisitions… give me this lineup in pre-season, Arnie.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Monahan-Perfetti
Nino-Lowry-Lambert
Barron-Namestnikov-Appleton/Chibrikov

Morrissey-Salomonsson
Heinola-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A couple of random thoughts:

I marvel that people even entertain trading Kyle Connor. One of the most consistent scoring wingers in the league. One of the very best at scoring gwgs in history.
That makes him valuable.
Yes, defense etc etc BUT, you can mitigate defensive issues so much more easily. Player deployment, systems, etc. There isn't any way to magically make players without offensive talent scorers.
Apparently you can't mitigate it.
He's a bit of a unicorn and he's one of only a small handful of players that are untouchable imho.
On Jets roster? No one is untouchable, except maybe Morrissey.
No one is talking about Kyle Capobianco. Sure, he's not a youngster, but he's hitting the golden age for defensemen development. He's an rfa, and had a stellar year with the Moose.

I could see him crack the Jets lineup next year and be a guy on the third pair who moves the puck, has some offensive flair, run the 2pp. I still think he's a diamond in the rough.
I've seen Capo mentioned several times - by not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad