Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I have to say, there were enough glowing reports from the season I was very excited about Korch. So I’ve had more time and watched all the Mem cup games.

He’s been average to very bad in all of them. I’m off him making the team. He needs a lot more time and I’m feeling a bit pessimistic

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Quebec is a tough team. Then and Seattle were the favorites to meet in the Memorial Cup even back when. Not surprising Seattle is having trouble against them.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Can lose forecheckers with ease, but very casual in his own zone with the puck. Ive seen him 10 times this year probably, he is better than this. He has just played bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taze em

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Apparently a thing he does. But most everyone who knows things believes he needs more CHL time. The defensive odd man rush plays he had on goals 2 & 3 were so bad, but it is a good final game opponent. He has time to learn to commit more to being aggressive on the ice

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Typical HF. Turn on a prospect after 1 game.

You want to give someone shit, how about Seattle’s first line who’s been absent for a solid month. Guenther was pathetic, and Lambert and Schaeffer have shown they are most certainly busts.
Was just looking in to those guys. They were so so bad. The whole team was flat as hell in that game but the same thing happened when they played w Quebec in round robin.

I’ve said korchinski is a good prospect. You can see it but he is so extremely passive right now. Maybe exhausted or hurt who knows. Not throwing the baby out with the bath water but this was not a good performance in the Mem at all

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
He had a tough couple games but I’m still very excited about him.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, one more year in the Dub, then a year in the AHL.

He’s going to be very good, but he’s so young and needs development still.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Apparently a thing he does. But most everyone who knows things believes he needs more CHL time. The defensive odd man rush plays he had on goals 2 & 3 were so bad, but it is a good final game opponent. He has time to learn to commit more to being aggressive on the ice

He's got that dog in him

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I like Korchinski as a prospect. My previous posts were pointed at a previous argument where some said he wouldn't benefit from another year in the Dub.

He clearly is not ready to turn pro. There is no better place for him to be next season than in the Dub.

He has got a lot to learn.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I think what was bad was the odd man attacks where the Seattle d-men were constantly outnumbered because the forwards weren't getting back into the play. In both goals 2 & 3 Korchinski had one of the attackers covered but the pass went to the uncovered guy who took the shot before Korchinski could shift to him. Could he have played them better - sure and a number of other odd man rushes he did play well - but he was left on an island trying to decide between 2 attackers and they ended up scoring.

However, having said that - I've been a proponent of Korchinski going back to Seattle for months now because he isn't ready for the NHL yet.

Reactions: d rake

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I assume Seattle will lose a lot of talent and be rebuilding. Lambert Guenther Dach Prokop Allan. Korch may be traded next year.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Korchinski If people paid attention was the guy that all the team keyed on , he was hammered constantly over and over . He did manange to avoid most hit's because of his skating and his great set of mitts. He needs to get stronger , work more on his defence and work on his slap shot .

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I assume Seattle will lose a lot of talent and be rebuilding. Lambert Guenther Dach Prokop Allan. Korch may be traded next year.

They won't be as loaded but they'll still have a solid enough team (Korchinski, Pickford, Myatovic, Sawchyn, Mynio, Iginla, Ratzlaff, etc). Maybe Nashville loans Reid Schaefer back to them. But I really do hope Korchinski realizes he likely will be "the man" on that team and asserts himself.

I know Powers had an article a couple of weeks ago stating that he believes the Hawks brass ideally prefer Seattle's season to have ended earlier cause Korchinski (as well as others) have played alot of hockey and are gonna be behind in their offseason training for their development. But games like the ones they've had I would think have to be beneficial in the long run regardless.

Reactions: d rake

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Powers did write tonight that he played 88 games between hawks preseason, Seattle and WJC. That’s a lot of high level hockey for such a young player

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Despite the loss, Allan made the Memorial Cup All Star team.

I'm not sure why so many fans are so low on him. He has a very nice pedigree since getting drafted and done what you'd want from a player like him I look forward to him debuting in Rockford and seeing where it goes from there.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I like Korchinski as a prospect. My previous posts were pointed at a previous argument where some said he wouldn't benefit from another year in the Dub.

He clearly is not ready to turn pro. There is no better place for him to be next season than in the Dub.

He has got a lot to learn.
The AHL would be best, but that is obviously not a possibility, so yes, WHL, and slide his ELC another year. Have him grow as as an overall Number 1 D that does top penalty kill work, continues to improve defensively and emerges as a leader. Assuming that Shane Wright isn't there, Korchinski would likely be the Captain for Canada at next year's World Juniors (Owen Beck would be the only other returner with Bedard and Fantilli in the NHL, so I guess that's the other possibility).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Despite the loss, Allan made the Memorial Cup All Star team.

I'm not sure why so many fans are so low on him. He has a very nice pedigree since getting drafted and done what you'd want from a player like him I look forward to him debuting in Rockford and seeing where it goes from there.
I don't think many are low on him, they just drafted him a little too high considering he'll probably only be a middle pairing Dman at best.

Reactions: Idionym

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think many are low on him, they just drafted him a little too high considering he'll probably only be a middle pairing Dman at best.
If he can be a solid Middle 3 Defenseman during his team control years, I think you are definitely good with that from a 30th overall. Especially considering his draft was the "not much in the way of real junior seasons COVID year" which just creates a whole bunch of uncertainty up and down the draft. Look at a player that screams "4th line (if not AHL) grinder" Tyler Boucher going 10th overall.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If he can be a solid Middle 3 Defenseman during his team control years, I think you are definitely good with that from a 30th overall. Especially considering his draft was the "not much in the way of real junior seasons COVID year" which just creates a whole bunch of uncertainty up and down the draft. Look at a player that screams "4th line (if not AHL) grinder" Tyler Boucher going 10th overall.
Yeah, but I really don't see him being that. I see him being a bottom pairing guy, maybe a solid #4 defense only type. When guys like Zellweegar and Stankhoven were still there, it wasn't the greatest pick and that's why people aren't high on him. Not fair to him, but that's all it is.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yeah, but I really don't see him being that. I see him being a bottom pairing guy, maybe a solid #4 defense only type. When guys like Zellweegar and Stankhoven were still there, it wasn't the greatest pick and that's why people aren't high on him. Not fair to him, but that's all it is.
I think writing him off a 6/7 already is way too harsh. His pedigree is certainly higher than that. That goes back to my "way too low" on him feeling.

Reactions: Muffinalt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad