Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
8FAEA58B-659B-41FC-BB7B-F23A5AE6260F.jpeg

Crow

May 19, 2014
I thought I read that some other goalie won AHL goalie of the year from Calgary’s AHL team. I wonder why wallstedt is the pick there.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Theo Rochette ...Quebec Ramparts ..21 years old so shoukl be free agent as hecwas undrafted through 3 past drafts..(2020,2021 and 2022)...Why nitcsignhom asxa "freebie"...Top notch connector/passer ..101 point regular season (42g 59a)for the Ramparts and 3g 3a in 4GP in the Memorial Cup where he helped Quebec win the tournament.

5'11 172 ..#so gotta add some weight t..but even Rockford needs offense up front..so start him there then if he flourishes in the AJL give him a shot in the show with tge Hawks after dumping some vetsat TDL..
He is a freebie...so why not give him a contract ..

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Time for the player haters ball on the 2022 draft :insert Dave Chapelle gif:

A lot of nhle and war ratings are coming out and they are like a cold shower. Our prospects had a bad year when you zoom out.

Frank Nazar: what hip surgery did he have? Very concerning. Lack of production can be be excused due to time off but he still refuses to talk about what he got. Shady. For all we know it could be the Kane surgery. I don’t think enough is made of this.

Korchinski: solid year. #7 good? Eh probably. I guess. WJC was just Ok, Mem cup was less than ok. Everything else was stellar (Hawks camp and WHL).

Ludwinski: injuries and meh production. According to most models he’s got less than 10% chance of making it.

Rinzel: we can spin it and talk attributes and long development curves but he just didn’t develop in a material way this year. Also has <10% chance in most models.

Greene: V Good year. Tracking to be a good 3C. Good value.

To me this class is a whiff. I don’t even want to get in to the who else was drafted around them game, but it isn’t great. These are high stakes picks that need to hit. The Nazar pick and the Rinzel pick are looking extremely dangerous right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Muffinalt

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Time for the player haters ball on the 2022 draft :insert Dave Chapelle gif:

A lot of nhle and war ratings are coming out and they are like a cold shower. Our prospects had a bad year when you zoom out.

Frank Nazar: what hip surgery did he have? Very concerning. Lack of production can be be excused due to time off but he still refuses to talk about what he got. Shady. For all we know it could be the Kane surgery. I don’t think enough is made of this.

Korchinski: solid year. #7 good? Eh probably. I guess. WJC was just Ok, Mem cup was less than ok. Everything else was stellar (Hawks camp and WHL).

Ludwinski: injuries and meh production. According to most models he’s got less than 10% chance of making it.

Rinzel: we can spin it and talk attributes and long development curves but he just didn’t develop in a material way this year. Also has <10% chance in most models.

Greene: V Good year. Tracking to be a good 3C. Good value.

To me this class is a whiff. I don’t even want to get in to the who else was drafted around them game, but it isn’t great. These are high stakes picks that need to hit. The Nazar pick and the Rinzel pick are looking extremely dangerous right now.
Umm…you forgot…
Gavin Hayes
Samuel Savoie
Aidan Thompson
Dominic James

Give me a break

Reactions: Muffinalt

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Nazar came back and played the last 13 games of he season. I watched many of those games and he was moving and skating perfectly fine - looked like he didn't lose a step and his skating is VERY good. He scored only 7 points in those 13 games but it looked to me like it was more a case where it was taking time to integrate and find his place in a stacked UM lineup playing at a very highly competitive time in the season heading into playoffs.

Rinzel had just completed his junior year of high school when he was drafted so he couldn't go to college and therefore played in the USHL again. He scored 36 points in 56 games and the reports I read were very positive in his development. He'll spend next season in college and we'll get a better assessment of where he is in his development.

Way too soon to poo poo either of those guys.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Umm…you forgot…
Gavin Hayes
Samuel Savoie
Aidan Thompson
Dominic James

Give me a break
Late round picks are completely irrelevant until they pop. Having a “decent” or even “good” year for a late round pick is irrelevant.

Just scroll through all these charts on twitter to see how rough it is right now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Late round picks are completely irrelevant until they pop. Having a “decent” or even “good” year for a late round pick is irrelevant.

Just scroll through all these charts on twitter to see how rough it is right now.

These charts are worthless.

They're just age adjusted scoring numbers.

The one for Nazar says he has a 5% of becoming a full time NHLer lmaooooo.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The charts are useless for Defensive defenseman or a guy like Nazar who had extenuating circumstance for sure. For a guy like reichel or bedard they put them in to context. And they should certainly put in to context guys like Aidan Thompson or Samuel Savoie. They are not worth frequent discussion or optimism until they literally force you to pay attention to them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do you guys think Hawks trade a young defender as part of deal this offseason?

We have a bit of a glut of LD entering make or break moment in development (Phillips, Vlasic and Roos) as well as Kaiser who it is clear organization is very high

Would Vlasic for instance be a potential trade chip to a team in need of young LD if Hawks are sold on Kaiser/Phillips/Roos

All 3 of those guys did see more NHL action then Vlasic this past season

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

We have a bit of a glut of LD entering make or break moment in development (Phillips, Vlasic and Roos) as well as Kaiser who it is clear organization is very high

Would Vlasic for instance be a potential trade chip to a team in need of young LD if Hawks are sold on Kaiser/Phillips/Roos

Don’t see any reason to do it. We have to see how the big teams roster looks like after the offseason.

Reactions: Idionym and pvr

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I don't think their LD have much value.

I think they have to wait for them to graduate to the NHL level (if they're capable of doing so).

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

They’re not all going to hit. Let’s play them in/out for a few years and see what happens. Plenty of cap space. I’d rather not have another Forsling situation.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Specifically what type of player they are and what their future NHL outlook is. Thanks!

F - Cole Guttman
F - David Gust
F - Luke Philp
D - Filip Roos
D - Wyatt Kaiser
G - Jaxson Stauber

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Specifically what type of player they are and what their future NHL outlook is. Thanks!

F - Cole Guttman AHL NHL Tweener
F - David Gust AHL
F - Luke Philp AHL
D - Filip Roos AHL
D - Wyatt Kaiser Ceiling 2nd pair Floor AHL Top Pair
G - Jaxson Stauber NHL Backup Goalie
IMO

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

F - Cole Guttman
F - David Gust
F - Luke Philp
D - Filip Roos
D - Wyatt Kaiser
G - Jaxson Stauber
Guttman is probably an undersized, buzz saw like 3rd liner. Maybe 30pt potential.

Kaiser is a good skater and plays chippier than you'd expect. Will almost certainly need seasoning in the A, but could be a middle pairing guy.

Stauber was okay in his short NHL stint, but he was worse in Rockford. Nobody expects much from him, or anyone on your list outside of Guttman and Kaiser; a lot of fringe or worse guys.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

F - Cole Guttman
F - David Gust
F - Luke Philp
D - Filip Roos
D - Wyatt Kaiser
G - Jaxson Stauber
Guttman has a chance for nice middle 6 future for himself.

Gust and Philp are very good Ahl players. Add offense/leadership to them. Not much for the big club other then playing a few games if needed.

Roos is a wildcard. Really not sure what he is. Could be back in Europe by mid season.

Kaiser needs some time but should be solid nhl dman.

Stauber who knows as a goalie.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So far this summer the Blackhawks defence depth has been chopped somewhat…

Slava Demin rights dropped
Jakub Galvas signed overseas
Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula traded
Andreas Englund and Andy Welinski pending UFAs

Caleb Jones is a pending RFA

So we have 12 signed dmen…

Seth Jones
Connor Murphy
Nikita Zaitsev
Jarred Tinordi

Filip Roos
Isaac Phillips
Wyatt Kaiser
Alex Vlasic
Louis Crevier

Kevin Korchinski
Nolan Allan
Ethan Del Mastro

12 or 13(CJones) defencemen…seems a little light

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Blackhawks should vault to the front of Organizations after this draft. A solid 20 prospects will be interesting to look through. i'll take a stab at it.
1. Bedard
2. Korchinski
3. Moore
4. Nazar
5. Gajan
6. Reichel
7. Del Mastro
8. Kantserov
9. Commesso
10. Rinzel
11. Kaiser
12. Lardis