Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely bananas to throw Stauber in with other two?

No I don't think so. Stauber is getting lumped in there bc he's a young goalie and showed well enough during his stint up here.

Like you said though, goalies are voodoo. I haven't seen enough of Stauber to say he has no NHL future but I wouldn't put him in with Soderblom and Commesso either.

And I, like you, don't fee all that strongly about the quality of Soderblom/Commesso as potential NHL starting goaltenders. We'll see. I'm also completely fine with no resources being put into developing goaltenders either though. If you need high-end goaltending to sniff the post-season or to have playoff success, your team has issues that great goaltending won't sustain/cover-up in the long-term.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point I am not sure Hawks should bring back Soderblom

He sucked in AHL and NHL this year and it may be best for Hawks to take a cap dump G (Murray or Petersen) with asset for #2 spot next year and roll with Commesso/Stauber in AHL

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
At this point I am not sure Hawks should bring back Soderblom

He sucked in AHL and NHL this year and it may be best for Hawks to take a cap dump G (Murray or Petersen) with asset for #2 spot next year and roll with Commesso/Stauber in AHL
He’s been fine this year. He had a rough stretch in Rockford when basically everyone under a elc was either up or injured.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
CD6FEA70-7D56-43B0-9AF5-21A0C0470929.jpeg
62DFB0DA-ABF8-4668-B10A-26961235CD5E.jpeg
7CC2726A-49ED-4F11-BCF7-1FFCE0A9ACB9.jpeg

(g) Philp hat trick, Teply, Seney and grimaldi

(A) Teply twice, Busdeker twice, Grimaldi twice, Phillips, Vlasic, Reichel, Gust, Philp

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Korch the US Division Defenseman of the year, nominee for WHL defensive man

Everyone is back (lambert missed final two games of first series with a non covid related illness)

Will be the first time that your top 9 is fully healthy (Vegas draftee Jordan Gustafson and Draft Eligible Gracyn Sawchyn are back)

Excellent! It will be the first game I'll see this season with everyone in the lineup,

Reactions: superdeluxe

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
As far as the goaltending goes...

Mrazek
-Stalock pending UFA
-Soderblom pending RFA
Stauber
-Khudobin pending UFA

Mrazek remains for his final year, need his cap hit and has some trade value at deadline

Stalock is honestly a resign option just like Tinordi was, also the Hawks could decide to part ways, if resigned I believe he to can have some trade value

Soderblom should be qualified, hoping for a long playoff run with him this playoff, Corey Crawford played FIVE years in the AHL before landing a full time gig

Stauber is the new Delia, utility goaltender, might not get the starts unfortunately

Khudobin is done

Commesso, I was surprised to see him sign, a year early might stall/ruin Staubers’ career now...heck he might run Soderblom out of town as well

For me I see a possible trade with Toronto happening involving Matt Murray...maybe Bostons’ 1st this year gets attached to Murray in a similar Mrazek deal from last draft?

WindsorHawk

Mar 15, 2020
Hawks still have 4 contracts to get to 50 max... right now.

Still have not signed Jake Wise
Other NHK teans have already signed sonevof tgectop college free agentsxwho have finished school or left early.

Akso Hawks could ign undrafted older juniors from the 2002 2003 and 2004 born cohorts ...

What about Logan Morrison ...Ottawa 67's ?

Even if he cannot make the Show...(though from his production the last 2 OHL seasons and playoffs,I think he can help tgecHawks problem with scoring),he surely would help Rockford...so maybe Hawks should be targeting him.

And tgerexare some older ubdreafted forwards in the Q who look like targetscfor NHL teams ...so why not the Hawks?

Sure they may wantvto bec2 co tracts under the 50 in case of deals this summer at the draft for more futures...But still there shoukd be 1 or free agents they could sign from juniors orvcolkege or Europe.
Cross him off the list. 😕

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1681326039641.jpg
    FB_IMG_1681326039641.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Unless Swrden adds Leo Carlsson to its national team goibg tovtfe IiHF Mens' Workd Championshios,his season ended April 11th as Oregon got eliminated in their SHL semi-final by Skelleftea who movevonto the Final vs Victor Stjernborg and Vaxjo Lakers ..

In the elimination game loss on April 11th,(a 1-0 score( Carlsson lkayed 14minutes 39 seconds with Zero points and Zero shots on goal.

Anyway that will be lastxvirwibgvof him by scouts unless Sweden adds hom to tgeir Tean for tfe IIHF MensWorld Champiinshios..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No .. Allan and Korchinskii (and Dach) all pointless in lsst night's Seattle 4-1 victory over Prince George ..(April 14th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad