Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Nazar looked extremely fast from the games I watched. Didnt do much but at least made some kind of impression I guess. Hopefully comes out next year and has a great season.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

OHL Coaches poll.

Best defensive defenseman(Western Conference)- Ethan Del Mastro #1
Best Penalty Killer(Western Conference)- Ethan Del Mastro #1
Best Shot(Western Conference)- Gavin Hayes #2
Hardest Worker(Eastern Conference)- Paul Ludwinski #2

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gavin Hayes has only 2 assists in the prior 6 games (both in same game) of Flint's playoff series with Saginaw..Let us hope he shows up big tonight in Game 7 ...Lack of production disapointibg in these pkayoffs so far.

On tge other hand...I realky am impressed by 2006 born dman Zayne Parekh of Saginaw (2024 Draft eligible )..Justv6'0 170 ar this stage maybe he spurts by draft tine next year ...But a terrific puck mover...great skater..and more wow! a fantastic goal scoring dman.Had 21 goals for Saginaw in the regular season and 4 goals in 6 playoff games so far for Saginaw..He is going to be a very top dnan prospect next draft..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely bananas to throw Stauber in with other two?

You never know.

He is only 23 and had good career in NCAA and has flashed at NHL level

People didn't think highly of guys like Belfour, Joseph and Talbot coming from college undrafted, but they found success and I believe are the 3 most successful undrafted NCAA goalies to play in NHL at this point.

I'm guessing Ben is an idiot who doesn't know what he's watching. Stauber isn't some athletic freak posting numbers below what his ability is suggesting. He's a guy who's out of pro hockey before Commesso's deal has finished.

That is absurd claim.

Stauber is good enough at be riding buses in Rockford or playing in Europe for years to come

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You never know.

He is only 23 and had good career in NCAA and has flashed at NHL level

People didn't think highly of guys like Belfour, Joseph and Talbot coming from college undrafted, but they found success and I believe are the 3 most successful undrafted NCAA goalies to play in NHL at this point.

That is absurd claim.

Stauber is good enough at be riding buses in Rockford or playing in Europe for years to come
He hasn't flashed. He's posted decent numbers in a very limited number of games. Goalies are voodoo but he doesn't have the technical ability or freak athletic ability. He's a place holder.

Goaltending in particular is about so much more than your numbers. I think Commesso has Brian Elliot 1b potential. Soda has the guy potential but it's a longshot. I'm not bullish on our young goalies. I'd love to be proven wrong.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Belfour and Joseph were athletic freaks. Talbot was posting significantly better numbers in the AHL. Stauber is much closer to the sub 900 sv% guy he's proven to be than he's not.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The 2923 World u18s Men's champiobshios start April 20th.
So far heard nothing from Hockey Canada no Canada's roster for the tournament ...but with Regina now outvof WHL pkayoffs Connor Bedard and Tanner Howe(2024 draft) shoukd bebon ot..

Mathew Wood) 2023 draft eligible fromU.Comnecticut also eligible....basically any 2005 born or earlier is eligible..but some ifvtgexekigibke CANADIANS are headed into round 2 of playoffsin their Junior leagues and are not available.

So Canda may have to include younger 2006 borns and maybe sone 2097 borns..

The BCHL still has not left Hockey Canada so eligible from tgat league coukd also make tge team if not still in playoffs.

As usual Canada cannot send its best squad to thus tournament due to some eligibkex still in playoffs...

So handicapped and maybe loaded with younger talent,and not even much tone to practice before their 1st game on April 20th,even with Brdard Canada may be very hard pressed to ice a contender to win it.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm guessing Ben is an idiot who doesn't know what he's watching. Stauber isn't some athletic freak posting numbers below what his ability is suggesting. He's a guy who's out of pro hockey before Commesso's deal has finished.
Relax man it's not that deep, he's the third regarded goaltender prospect in the system.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If the ChicagivSteel release Celebrini nd Perron to Canada for the World u18s tha woukd help Canada a lot..

If Bedard agrees to pkay that helps Canada immensely.

Bedardvhas nothing to prove at that tournament but still if your Country asks.. Havevtgey asked?

ANDREW CRUSTALL s eligible...But is he fully healthy?

We have yet to hear who Canada has going over on theirvu18 squad .

But the announcement has to cone very soon as it starts April 20th.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Korch the US Division Defenseman of the year, nominee for WHL defensive man

Looking forward to seeing the Prince George / Seattle series. I haven't seen PG play this season and would like to get a look at Heidt and Ziemmer. Hopefully the T-Birds have everyone healthy and ready to go.

Everyone is back (lambert missed final two games of first series with a non covid related illness)

Will be the first time that your top 9 is fully healthy (Vegas draftee Jordan Gustafson and Draft Eligible Gracyn Sawchyn are back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad