Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Connor Bedard watch ...In today's 6-5 Regina win over Saskatoon he had 3g 2a but was just +1( 4 of his 5 points came at even strength so he was in for 3 against and was a.horrible 11/33 in the dot...3 goals on 6 shots against ...it would seem you could care less about his defensive flaws when he constantly outscores the negative events anyway...

Well...with him most nights you are likely going to get a show ...so enjoy...but unfortunately lotto luck is stacked agaibst us even if we hold on to last ..so dream but do not expect the miracle .

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Connor Bedard watch ...In today's 6-5 Regina win over Saskatoon he had 3g 2a but was just +1( 4 of his 5 points came at even strength so he was in for 3 against and was a.horrible 11/33 in the dot...3 goals on 6 shots against ...it would seem you could care less about his defensive flaws when he constantly outscores the negative events anyway...

Well...with him most nights you are likely going to get a show ...so enjoy...but unfortunately lotto luck is stacked agaibst us even if we hold on to last ..so dream but do not expect the miracle .

Yes, you are correct - the lotto is stacked against us ... and CBJ, and ANA, and SJ and 12 other teams.

I'd wager you could go to any of the hockey blogs for those teams and find any number of "woe is us" pessimistic negative nellies decrying how nothing good could happen to their team. You (and a couple others) just happen to play that role here on this Hawks board. You serve the valuable purpose of balancing out the overly optimistic Hawks fans on this blog to achieve proper equilibrium. Thank you for your service.

Edit: I would be remiss if I didn't complement you for your lucid and well typed posts today. Well done. However, I wasn't totally unserious about fearing alien abduction ... just saying.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am just wondering IF,as I suspect,we are unlucky and don't get the #1or#2 after lotto...ARE YOU ALL PREPARED for another 82 game "Race To The Bottom" grind of losing and more losing s so KD gets hus shot at Celebrini or Eiserman in the 2024 draft?

Can you take the pain AGAIN? Dreadful hockey /82 more games with no chance unless goaltending is on that night and we squeak in a few wins here and there...or on nights when the opps take the night off =trap game for them....bottom line can you stomach so much futility ,AGAIN for such a long sesson,just to get a chance at best odds in the lotto but realistically 75% of missing the top prize....AGAIN?

I am not sure I could take such punishment for so long,again..

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I am just wondering IF,as I suspect,we are unlucky and don't get the #1or#2 after lotto...ARE YOU ALL PREPARED for another 82 game "Race To The Bottom" grind of losing and more losing s so KD gets hus shot at Celebrini or Eiserman in the 2024 draft?

Can you take the pain AGAIN? Dreadful hockey /82 more games with no chance unless goaltending is on that night and we squeak in a few wins here and there...or on nights when the opps take the night off =trap game for them....bottom line can you stomach so much futility ,AGAIN for such a long sesson,just to get a chance at best odds in the lotto but realistically 75% of missing the top prize....AGAIN?

Yes, that's how a rebuild works.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
While this year has been very gruelling because we all knew from day one that this team was bad, i feel i have been more focused on the hawks draft position then the playoffs for the last straight five years. I’d rather start cheering to lose on October 4th for a top three pick than start cheering to lose on January first for the 9th pick.

Reactions: Idionym

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I understand your position on this and I know many fellow Hawks fans feel the same way as you do - especially the Hawks fans who aren't clued in to the rationale of this rebuild strategy. But you and most fans who post here are diehard fans who (1) get that a rebuild was needed, and (2) knew it would require being bad before being good. I think the main contention between me and others who share your feelings in the patience required to see it through.

I don't know what your expectations were for how soon the rebuild would be complete or even for when the Hawks would progress to the next level of the rebuild and be improved enough to make the playoffs, but the reality has proven that the rebuild hasn't progressed to be thinking playoffs yet.

Many fans, myself included, thought it would be 2 or 3 years, at the least, before there was enough improvement to realistically vie for the playoffs. The key to that is that we have to have enough organic growth from our prospects before beginning to supplement them with playoff caliber veterans. That organic growth has barely gotten started but the outlook is that it should pick up momentum in 2023/24 and even more in 2024/25.

Patience for the big picture. Hold your nose if it makes it easier for you.

Reactions: Space umpire

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Well, I expected next year to be similar to the last. With maybe a couple young guys thrown in for development.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Well, I expected next year to be similar to the last. With maybe a couple young guys thrown in for development.

Yep - mainly d-men as the d-men prospects are closer to the NHL than the forward prospect. Reichel is already here but I don't see any other forwards ready for more than a cup of coffee or two. But that's fine as d-men generally need more games at the NHL level to hit their stride. Hopefully Phillips, Kaiser and Vlassic get lots of NHL games next season. Maybe give del Mastro and Allan a taste too but they probably need a season of two in Rockford. Korchinski maybe gets some games before heading back to JRs.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ethan Del Mastro 2 primary assists +3 ,3 shots on goal tonight in a Sarnia 8-4victory over Guelph.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
While this year has been very gruelling because we all knew from day one that this team was bad, i feel i have been more focused on the hawks draft position then the playoffs for the last straight five years. I’d rather start cheering to lose on October 4th for a top three pick than start cheering to lose on January first for the 9th pick.
A few players have had career years...

Taylor Raddysh
Philipp Kurashev
Jason Dickinson, nice addition along with a 2nd from VAN
Caleb Jones
Boris Katchouk
Lukas Reichel
Jarred Tinordi, waiver pick up

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gavin Hayes has disappointed so far in his playof= ZERO points un4GO.. his team ,to ve fair,has not performed well as tgeyxare down3-1abd face elimination in Games..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Jaylen Luypen is having a good playoff in his Tri-City Americans team's series with Prince George ...that series is tied 2-2 ..so going at least till game 6...but maybe all the way to a Game7.

Luypen has 3g 2a and is Even in 4GP so far in the series.
In his last 10GP he has 8g 7a +8

Seattle with Korchinski,Allan and Colton Dach swept its first round series in 4 straight.. so advances to round two.

Reactions: ray c

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The Frozen Four semi-finals start tomorrow.

Boston University(Commesso and Greene) vs Minnesota 4:00 pm CT
Michigan(Nazar) vs Quinnipiac 7:30pm CT

At the risk of putting a jinx on Commesso, he has a 93.1% save percentage in the post-season and 94.5% in the tournament.
I would assume Commesso signs after this tournament.

Reactions: ray c

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
4-2 For Minnesota with less tgan10 minutes to pkay.. Commesdo folded.. 4 goals against on justc25 shots on him =840 save%.. saviour? MAYBE NOT.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Final score Minnesota 6 BU 2...Commesso 4 GA on 32 shots he faced ..Minn scored 2 late ENGs...Commesso finished at .875 save%..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad