Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Nazar is not featuring much. I suppose that will happen next year. Michigan goalie is slow and awkward with 2 goals off him from behind the net.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Anyone else watching the Michigan game?

I would like to see more from Nazar.
I agree with you 100%

Nazar - showed me... NOTHING... I know it is ONLY one game... just saying

Fantilli-- I have been a big fan,,, But I was left wanting/expecting more.
He has a ++ shot/release... Hossa like in shot/release/accuracy. He will Score in NHL
BUT- I do not see him as a driver of play. Like a 19/88/ McDavid/ Etc.
Fantilli is more like a Laine- which is fine... BUT for possible Draft pick #2.... I want a driver of Play

So wts-- I am leaning more to Carlsson or Michkov as My " Bedard Consolation prize"... OR if you have Big Balls-- trade down ( to your scout/sleeper pick) and get another pick in addition If u don't get Bedard!!!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am leaning to Carson over Fantilli at the moment. He seems to be showing more later int he season. Fantilli has a shot tho.....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks still have 4 contracts to get to 50 max... right now.

Still have not signed Jake Wise
Other NHK teans have already signed sonevof tgectop college free agentsxwho have finished school or left early.

Akso Hawks could ign undrafted older juniors from the 2002 2003 and 2004 born cohorts ...

What about Logan Morrison ...Ottawa 67's ?

Even if he cannot make the Show...(though from his production the last 2 OHL seasons and playoffs,I think he can help tgecHawks problem with scoring),he surely would help Rockford...so maybe Hawks should be targeting him.

And tgerexare some older ubdreafted forwards in the Q who look like targetscfor NHL teams ...so why not the Hawks?

Sure they may wantvto bec2 co tracts under the 50 in case of deals this summer at the draft for more futures...But still there shoukd be 1 or free agents they could sign from juniors orvcolkege or Europe.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I missed the BU/MIN game but caught almost all the QN/UM game and I have to say the better team won that one. Quinnipiac had a team of veteran players who played a system and played it well. Michigan has better players in terms of future NHL'ers but they didn't play as cohesive 5-man units nearly as well and the result was the "better team" won.

I also have to say I've been underwhelmed with Nazar. Yeah he's got speed to burn and his effort is good but it doesn't amount to much. The ready excuse is the time he missed, which was significant, effects not only his individual play but also how he fits into the team play and that's probably true to a certain extent but he has to rise to the challenge better than he did over the last month or so ... or we may not have the future NHL star we all hope he is. Next season will obviously be HUGE.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I missed the BU/MIN game but caught almost all the QN/UM game and I have to say the better team won that one. Quinnipiac had a team of veteran players who played a system and played it well. Michigan has better players in terms of future NHL'ers but they didn't play as cohesive 5-man units nearly as well and the result was the "better team" won.

I also have to say I've been underwhelmed with Nazar. Yeah he's got speed to burn and his effort is good but it doesn't amount to much. The ready excuse is the time he missed, which was significant, effects not only his individual play but also how he fits into the team play and that's probably true to a certain extent but he has to rise to the challenge better than he did over the last month or so ... or we may not have the future NHL star we all hope he is. Next season will obviously be HUGE.
I disagree somewhat based on the result being weighted from Portillo’s performance, but will grant that QU has a more solid team comparatively.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
28B56E08-8974-4BC5-9E1B-E67E08025182.jpeg
1E15DCB1-628D-4D78-8959-B9D046F004AE.jpeg
DA5D4FC3-F739-4DF0-A341-D45195C2C0B3.jpeg

(g) Grimaldi twice and hardman

(A) Galvas Philp Gust Seney

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

The kid is coming of hip surgery. It's not like he sprained his ankle and missed a couple weeks. The kid had major surgery, rehabbed all year to come back and then came back at the end of the season, trying to get acclimated to a new level of hockey while everyone around him has played 70% of their seasons.

The good news is that he was able to come back and get a taste of the level so he can come back stronger next year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Despite his 2 goals,Connor Bedard's Regina Pat's lost 4-2 to Saskatoon last night to go down 3-2 in their playoff series with the Blades..
If Regina gets eliminated,Bedard will be able to play for Canada at the World u18 Championships.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
The kid is coming of hip surgery. It's not like he sprained his ankle and missed a couple weeks. The kid had major surgery, rehabbed all year to come back and then came back at the end of the season, trying to get acclimated to a new level of hockey while everyone around him has played 70% of their seasons.

The good news is that he was able to come back and get a taste of the level so he can come back stronger next year.
Was it "officially HIP surgery" ? I thought I heard - Hernia? If HIP --what are the details? HIP labrum repair.... NOT a good Thing!!!!

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

When the Blackhawks drafted Frank Nazar 13th overall last summer, the most likely timeline was that he would spend one year at the University of Michigan and then turn pro.

But a hip injury that required surgery in October changed that timeline.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

They keep tabs on guys they’ve met at prospect camps and training camp, guys such as Lukas Reichel, to get a sense of what their own path might be. They even monitor the bottom of the standings to see if Connor Bedard — with whom they all won a gold medal at the world juniors this season — might be joining them in Chicago.

We're not the only people in tank mode. They talk about their version of pride night as Luke Prokop is a teammate.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
2 important Game 7 in 1st round playoff series to be played tonight with implications for a Hawks prospect and a potential draftee(though unlikely Hawks are unlucky enough to win lotto for Bedard)...

Gavin Hayes Flint team has come back from down 0-3 to Saginaw to tie the series and force Gane 7 tonight.. He himself has not had a good series to date ...but tonight determines whether Flint advances to the 2nd round or gets eliminated from the OHL playoffs.

Another Gane 7 in the WHL determines whether Connor Bedard and his Regina team advances to round 2 or gets eliminated by Saskatoon ....IF Regina loses Bedard becomes available for Canada at the World u18s.

Last night Jaylen Luypen's Tri-City Americans lost Game 7 to Prince George and were eliminated from the WHL playoffs.. Luypen had a good series and had 1a and was +1in this loss in what is his final WHL game.
Not sure if the Hawks add him to Rockford for final few games of regular season or not..Prince George advances to play Seattle in a round2 series...This will be interesting in that Prince George has 2 draft eligible first rounders who may be targets for Hawks with the TB first rounder they own (Riley Heidt and Koehn Ziemmer) ...so Hawks scouts going to watch this series with much attention.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

When the Blackhawks drafted Frank Nazar 13th overall last summer, the most likely timeline was that he would spend one year at the University of Michigan and then turn pro.

But a hip injury that required surgery in October changed that timeline.
I keep hearing/seeing different things on that injury. I thought it was a hernia.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
2 important Game 7 in 1st round playoff series to be played tonight with implications for a Hawks prospect and a potential draftee(though unlikely Hawks are unlucky enough to win lotto for Bedard)...

Gavin Hayes Flint team has come back from down 0-3 to Saginaw to tie the series and force Gane 7 tonight.. He himself has not had a good series to date ...but tonight determines whether Flint advances to the 2nd round or gets eliminated from the OHL playoffs.

Another Gane 7 in the WHL determines whether Connor Bedard and his Regina team advances to round 2 or gets eliminated by Saskatoon ....IF Regina loses Bedard becomes available for Canada at the World u18s.

Last night Jaylen Luypen's Tri-City Americans lost Game 7 to Prince George and were eliminated from the WHL playoffs.. Luypen had a good series and had 1a and was +1in this loss in what is his final WHL game.
Not sure if the Hawks add him to Rockford for final few games of regular season or not..Prince George advances to play Seattle in a round2 series...This will be interesting in that Prince George has 2 draft eligible first rounders who may be targets for Hawks with the TB first rounder they own (Riley Heidt and Koehn Ziemmer) ...so Hawks scouts going to watch this series with much attention.

Looking forward to seeing the Prince George / Seattle series. I haven't seen PG play this season and would like to get a look at Heidt and Ziemmer. Hopefully the T-Birds have everyone healthy and ready to go.

Reactions: Muffinalt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad