19A0FE44-1054-4B89-A227-15FDEB8ED47A.jpeg
744B25DD-926D-4AD4-A27E-EE78C26A1206.jpeg
342C4556-694C-46D3-825C-A6AFED599A3D.jpeg
A020F887-78D2-4D0C-97D4-AD1F288BFACC.jpeg

Reichel two goals

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Canada did not include Connor Bedard on its roster for the World u18 Championship even though he was eligible...maybe they thought he had nothing left to prove at that level or to give others a chance for the spotlight...or if tgey asked but his camp said no...I do not know..but I know this..if Canada does not Win Gold,questions should be asked why he was not there for his country..
However...the Chicago Steel did release Macklin Celebrini to join the CanadiN u18 squad(He could go #1 in the 2024 draft..
Also on the squad are Andrew Cristal,Colby Barlow, Matthew Wood and Calum Ritchie among notable first rounders for the 2023 draft ...I believe there are 3 other forwards eligible only in the 2024 draft besides Celebrini,plus 1 forward not eligible till the 2025 draft.
I have not checked the dmen for any younger ones not yet eligible for the NHL entry draft till 2024..
I believe they announced 22 names so they must have reserved a few more spots for eligible players whose teams get eliminated in round 2 of the WHL,OHL,or QMJHL playoffs who they can add after a game or two during the U18 tournament.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You guys need a goalie? Milic single handed stopped a 5-3 fir two minutes. He then got a standing O and the barn chanting his name

Ironically enough, I'm more intrigued with the backup Ratzlaff cuz he's alittle bit bigger can still possibly grow at only 18 (Milic is 20 and a smaller goalie). But man Milic poise, calmness and quickness is very intriguing. Kid was very good in WJC too.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So how did I not know this? Rockford could miss the playoffs if they lose today? 23 out of 32 teams make the playoffs...yet it’s down to Iowa, Chicago and Rockford for the final two spots??? Crazy...Higs need to beat a much better Milwaukee team today

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Doing a Google search on Artur kayumov rumors. And according to the eastern herald dated April 12th. Lokomotiv plans on extending him.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I think the organization is actually keen on bringing Safonov over. He's developed really well relative to his draft position.

I have no idea what they're going to do with him. Earlier in the season, he stated he had received no contact from the team despite his strong play. Then at the end of the year, Powers does a piece (or maybe it was Pope?) and I think it was Eaton talking about how they've been paying attention to his development.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Safonov's KHL cobtract runs through 24/25 season..So cannot being hoover till 25/26 season but still a question of NHL giving any ELC to a Russian if tge International Transfer Agreement between tge NHL and KHL is suspended until tge Ukraine war ends and a peace deK done to get Russia back in the goid books of tge NHL and IiHF.

The Russian KHK teams will want tgeir get for developing tge pkayer..no pay=no leave Russia...unless NHL treats it as not a suspension but a terminations does just goes ahead and signs Russians to EKC's if tgey are "free agents"..but that means back to smuggling guys out of Russia if the Russian Government refuses to give the passports or visas to go to other countries tries freely...what if tgey simply keep them locked up in Russia?

It is therefore uncertain when this situation gets resolved and we go back to having Russians on EKC's in the NHL after tgeir KHL contracts end..It is more complex thN that now.

This is why I do not want to risk inNychkov for tge Hawks puck..because who realky knows how long he will stY/be kept in Russia?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Safonov's KHL cobtract runs through 24/25 season..So cannot being hoover till 25/26 season but still a question of NHL giving any ELC to a Russian if tge International Transfer Agreement between tge NHL and KHL is suspended until tge Ukraine war ends and a peace deK done to get Russia back in the goid books of tge NHL and IiHF.

The Russian KHK teams will want tgeir get for developing tge pkayer..no pay=no leave Russia...unless NHL treats it as not a suspension but a terminations does just goes ahead and signs Russians to EKC's if tgey are "free agents"..but that means back to smuggling guys out of Russia if the Russian Government refuses to give the passports or visas to go to other countries tries freely...what if tgey simply keep them locked up in Russia?

It is therefore uncertain when this situation gets resolved and we go back to having Russians on EKC's in the NHL after tgeir KHL contracts end..It is more complex thN that now.

This is why I do not want to risk inNychkov for tge Hawks puck..because who realky knows how long he will stY/be kept in Russia?
Like I said...repeat of what we’ve already seen

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

I think that’s probably the biggest thing I’ve noticed, like you said, if you want to use a term overripen. Guys are overripe. Guys like Lukas and Vlasic and other guys as well, Isaak Phillips, these guys probably could have played more in NHL this year, but the decision was to keep them down and keep working on their game, understanding there’s value in that.

Expect that to be the case with all prospects. The only exception, hopefully, being Connor Bedard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad