Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I think that’s probably the biggest thing I’ve noticed, like you said, if you want to use a term overripen. Guys are overripe. Guys like Lukas and Vlasic and other guys as well, Isaak Phillips, these guys probably could have played more in NHL this year, but the decision was to keep them down and keep working on their game, understanding there’s value in that.

Expect that to be the case with all prospects. The only exception, hopefully, being Connor Bedard.
Alex Vlasic is very much not "overripe" lol.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
3 notable Blackhawk prospects on Seattle is making them a fun bandwagon team to follow. They are dialed in, I would have thought Prince George was a dead last team based on how bad they pounded them, not a team that was +49 in goal differential this year.

Reactions: superdeluxe

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sweden bombed Canada 8-0 today at Workd u18s...

Canada played a horrible 1st period...down 5-0 before pulling their goalie Bjarnasson who is rated #1NA goakue by Central scoutibg...yes Canada was bad in front not him butvstill he couldn't stop a beach balll today...Sweden 1st 2 goals on screens so he couldn't see bit stil#1rated goalies gotta see through screens.. Then some weak goals on him after that. TGE 16 yr old kid kid they put in to replace him in net in contrast made several nice stops and still gave up 3 goals over the 2 periods he played..as Canada outplayed and out classed this game.
Otto Stenberg was terrific for Sweden... as was dman Sanidin-Pelikka but actually the top 4 dmen for Sweden were very good this game...Canada had a terrible start and did not mount hardly any scoring chances till middle of the 2nd period then whatever chances they got were stopped by the Swedish goalie who was very good.

Otto Stenberg 2g 2a +4 = terrific game..
Axel Sandin-Pelikka 1g 4a +5 = terrific game.

In the USA vs.Latvia game after a slow 1st period of no scoring USA got 3 in 2nd period.. Goals by Eiserman,Leonard and Smith...then Latvia scores ...Then USA another goal by Oliver Moore to go up 4-1...And now USA on extended 5 on3...USA 3 of 6 opportunities on the pp...andctgey score again...2nd goal from Will Smith banging in a scrum at the crease..So USA up 5-1with 12 and half minutes left in 3rd period as I close this post.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA decides to take out stating goalie Trey Augustine with just less than 3 minutes remaining.. and almost immediately Leonard takes a tripping penalty so they need to kill off the penalty tobhelpbtgevback up goalie not give up a goal...and Latvia takes a too many men penalty with 15 seconds left and US now on the pp ...but game ends..

Tge usual USA suspects all starred...Leonard Smith and Perrault ,..Moore...Eiserman and Hagens ...Cole Hutson...just all of them contributing big..

Ryan Leonard 1 g 2a was given UDA star of tge game.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
BLACKHAWKS’ DEFENCEMEN

***Duncan Keith
***Brent Seabrook
*Dustin Byfuglien
Cam Barker
James Wisniewski
Jassen Cullimore
Adrien Aucoin
Todd Simpson
Danny Richmond
***Niklas Hjalmarsson
*Brent Sopel
*Jordan Hendry
Andrei Zyuzin
Magnus Johansson
*Brian Campbell
Matt Walker
Aaron Johnson
*Nick Boynton
Kim Johnsson
——————————————————————
*Nick Leddy
Chris Campoli
**Johnny Oduya
Steve Montador
Sean O’Donnell
Dylan Olsen
Sami Lepisto
**Michal Rozsival
*Sheldon Brookbank
Shawn Lalonde
Ryan Stanton
——————————————————————
*David Rundblad
Mike Kostka
*Trevor van Riemsdyk
*Kimmo Timonen
Tim Erixon
*Kyle Cumiskey
Adam Clendening
Klas Dahlbeck
Michael Paliotta
——————————————————————
—————-————————————————-
Erik Gustafsson
Trevor Daley
Viktor Svedberg
Rob Scuderi
Christian Ehrhoff
Gustav Forsling
Michal Kempny
>Connor Murphy
Jan Rutta
Jordan Oesterle
Carl Dahlstrom
Cody Franson
Blake Hillman
Skater Koekkoek
Henri Jokiharju
Brandon Manning
Dennis Gilbert
Brandon Davidson
Calvin deHaan
Adam Boqvist
Olli Maatta
Nicolas Beaudin
Lucas Carlsson
Nick Seeler
>Ian Mitchell
Riley Stillman
Nikita Zadorov
Wyatt Kalynuk
>Alec Regula
Madison Bowey
>Seth Jones
Jake McCabe
>Caleb Jones
>Alex Vlasic
>Isaak Phillips
>Jakub Galvas
Jack Johnson
>Jarred Tinordi
>Nikita Zaitsev
>Filip Roos
>Andreas Englund
>Wyatt Kaiser
2024???

It takes time...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So you are hinting Hawks shoukd target Hanzel for one of our 3rd round picks maybe?

20 yr old still eligible for 2923 entry draft 6'1 193 lbs...playmaking and activation his best qualities according to eliteprospects.com...but the key point is that somehow the pairing with Allan works better than when Allan was with Korchinski.
Hanzel rated #124 N.A. skater by NHL Central Scouting..
So use our 2nd pick of round 3 on him?

The more Seattle crew the better.. Probaby shoukd draft Gracyn Sawchyn with one of our first 2 picks in round 2....right?

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada laid a stink bomb vs. SWEDEN losing 8-0 today at the u18s as I posted about above...but particularly want to questionNHL Central Scoutibg ranking Matthew Woid at #4N.A skater..hecdid nothing out there today ...looked very slow and poir skating to me..but as I said lots of Canadian players stunk today..

Also not showing star qualities was Macklin Celebrini who I expected a lit better showing from since he was touted as a posdinle #1overall in2025 ...but his roval for that #1pick Coke Eiserman was terrific for USA today vs.Latvia..

If scouting wss only 1 gane assessment Eiserman clear #1next draft i 2024 and Cekebrinindod not even look lije a first rounder.

But again...a lot of Canada's players today were embarrassingly ineffective today.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Good things happen when Hanzel and Allan are out there.

I think Hanzel is 19 and undrafted which is very surprising because he's pretty damn good. I wouldn't mind the Hawks drafting him if he falls to them in one of their 2nd round picks. The only thing is he is a lefty and the Hawks are chock full of lefties.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think Hanzel is 19 and undrafted which is very surprising because he's pretty damn good. I wouldn't mind the Hawks drafting him if he falls to them in one of their 2nd round picks. The only thing is he is a lefty and the Hawks are chock full of lefties.
He’s 20 as of now. Handiness means nothing to a rebuilding team. Get as much talent as you can and let the chips fall where they do.

Reactions: hawksrule
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
So you are hinting Hawks shoukd target Hanzel for one of our 3rd round picks maybe?

20 yr old still eligible for 2923 entry draft 6'1 193 lbs...playmaking and activation his best qualities according to eliteprospects.com...but the key point is that somehow the pairing with Allan works better than when Allan was with Korchinski.

The more Seattle crew the better.. Probaby shoukd draft Gracyn Sawchyn with one of our first 2 picks in round 2....right?

Hanzel has finally made an appearance in the Central NHL scouting for North American skaters, I think people see that he leads the WHL in plus/minus, has a decent scoring touch and his nickname is hands 👊👊👊

So if iou guys drafted him, that would be cool

Reactions: Mrfenn92

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I don't know how he stacks up against all the other d-men and he is an over-ager which gives him an advantage over the 2004/2005 guys. I've warmed up to him after watching him play so much. Good skater and knows his way around the o-zone and he's got a nice feisty streak in him. I wouldn't mind it at all.

I suppose his best situation would be he doesn’t get drafted so he can pick where he can goes? But after his last season, my guess is someone is going to use a 4th or 5th on him

If not a 3rd round pick. With all the picks in the 1st 3 rounds I can see taking a chance on a couple guys that you wouldn't select if you had fewer picks.

Reactions: Muffinalt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad