Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Entwistle with a decent game. Kid is on a deep Guelph team, no longer paying center but still driving the net and allowing space and time for his linemates. Kid got a few good shots off, and I think he has 1 helper so far...ppg so far in round 1 as well..we likely will not see him in Rockford as Guelph is pretty damn deep and should make a strong run.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So 4 goals for Boqvist tonight (3 on the pp)...1st star of the game (finally outshines Bouchard)...

4 goals in a game defines "starry"..but this probably the top night of his whole hockey career...probably never duplicates it again...too bad he could not save it for later for the Hawks.

Nowhere to go but down after this.

Anyway .Avery special night for Boqvist. ..Let him bask in the glory of it..few d-men have done it any any level of Jr. Or pro.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So 4 goals for Boqvist tonight (3 on the pp)...1st star of the game (finally outshines Bouchard)...

4 goals in a game defines "starry"..but this probably the top night of his whole hockey career...probably never duplicates it again...too bad he could not save it for later for the Hawks.

Anyway .Avery special night for Boqvist. ..Let him bask in the glory of it..few d-men have done it any any level of Jr. Or pro.

Spoken like a true know nothing.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

you are a buffoon

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
[QUOTE="BK, post: 158575297, member: 116721"]Have you been to college? It is not hard and athletes get a lot of help managing the workload. I have a lot of friends who played college hockey and not one of them would ***** about school (minus one but he was an idiot).[/QUOTE]
Obviously you didn’t attend my college.

However, I agree that athletes are coddled in many ways academically, and some are not ethical.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

:laugh:

This is on the level of "Should have taken Turris over Kane".

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Obviously you didn’t attend my college.

However, I agree that athletes are coddled in many ways academically, and some are not ethical.

Where did you go? I went to a pretty decent school and the hockey players (athletes) had it much easier. Michigan and Michigan State are no different.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I said that 4 goals in a night is probably the highlight of Boqvist's hockey career and he probably never duplicates it again. .for this some poster says I know nothing..

Well looking at probity ?I think I am very safe in this prediction..

The last NHL dman to score 5 goals in a game was Ian Turnbull over 3 decades ago ...

NO NHL D-man has scores 4 in a game in at least 22 years (I found an article on the net from February 2017 stating no d-man in 20 years had scored 4 in a game in the NHL and I presume none have done in the time since that article ...Not sure when the last d-man to get 4 in a game happened. ..not sure even if 4 in a game by a d-man even happened after Turbull's 5.

So obviously rate ..and even rarer in modern Era of last 2 decades plus ...

And the NHL tougher than juniors..so my prediction seems valid based on actual data and apoerenrly I do know something g of what I speak.

Now you COULD argue maybe Hawks will not make mistake of crushing g Boqvist and will send him back to London next season where he will be "the guy" to lead them next season and Bouchard will nit be there.

And simply by or e PHL experience and being older and by getting even stronger over the summer, Boqvist ought to dominate the OHL next season ..and so then extrapolate he MIGHT duplicate a 4 goal game or maybe even a 5 goal game!

Probably not but if he can ..it would likely be back in juniors. .not in the NHL ..and for sure not with the Hawks as currently constituted.

But if the Hawks can add some stud forward talent over the next 2 drafts then maybe he could score many multi-goal games starting in the 2020/2021 season?

We shall see...but Stan needs to draft 2 more stud forwards ...for you know ...the month that Toews Kane D-Cat Strome Saad all go ice cold. .2 more studs to carry the load...

Further 3 of Boqvist 4 goals came via the PP...Hawks need to generate more attack threat to get more PP opportunities...So we need a lot more attack threat from the bottom 2 lines and balance out the minutes so top 2 lines do not get tiredthe lastc 5-7 weeks of the schedule.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Same post same garbage.

- NHL is harder that the OHL...ground breaking.
- PP goals are worth less that ES goals. This is a new one.

Boqvist will help drive chances on the power play as he is an elite offensive talent with a high end hockey sense. His ability to read the play and his skating ability allows him to get more opportunities because he know where to slide to and when to shoot through lanes. 2 of his goals last night showcased this. He also does this at ES.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
As if there was any doubt... Boqvist was the OHL player of the day

Quote from opposing coach on Boqvist:

He (Boqvist) is an elite player in the league he scored some goals not a lot of other guys score,” Spits coach Trevor Letowski said. “Even on the game winner, he pulls it off the wall like that and makes our guy miss him.
“He was outstanding, obviously.”

OHL playoffs: Swede success gives London Knights series stranglehold

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad