Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Also while we're on the subject of defensemen, does anyone have a good read on Beaudin's abilities and how he is progressing? I don't know much about him beyond his stats and it seems like he doesn't get as much attention as Joker/Mitchell/Boqvist for whatever reason.

Do y'all still like Beaudin at where he was picked, or do you think we should have picked a more highly touted player like Bode Wilde who is also having a great season?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Also while we're on the subject of defensemen, does anyone have a good read on Beaudin's abilities and how he is progressing? I don't know much about him beyond his stats and it seems like he doesn't get as much attention as Joker/Mitchell/Boqvist for whatever reason.

Do y'all still like Beaudin at where he was picked, or do you think we should have picked a more highly touted player like Bode Wilde who is also having a great season?
Beaudin has had a quietly fantastic season. Plus/Minus is a dangerous stat, but it says something when a prospect is leading all defensemen in his league at it.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Beaudin has had a quietly fantastic season. Plus/Minus is a dangerous stat, but it says something when a prospect is leading all defensemen in his league at it.

Beaudin is kind of a sleeper prospect, if only because we have so many elite/VVG D prospects in the pipeline. Wonder where the Hawks will place him next season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Generational Jack went pointless last nigh and was -2 ...of course he got his usual big shot totals on net (7 this noght) nut once again proved hisblousyvshootibg %....

Still his stacked USNTDP u-18 Team USA squad had no problem disposing of USHL opposition winning handily 6-2 over Youngstown..

Alex Turcotte missed his 2nd game I'm a row out of the lineup (injury/illness? ...do not know)..

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Generational Jack went pointless last nigh and was -2 ...of course he got his usual big shot totals on net (7 this noght) nut once again proved hisblousyvshootibg %....

Still his stacked USNTDP u-18 Team USA squad had no problem disposing of USHL opposition winning handily 6-2 over Youngstown..

Alex Turcotte missed his 2nd game I'm a row out of the lineup (injury/illness? ...do not know)..
10am and fiddy is already sippin on the Generational Jack Daniels man I gotta get to binnys and get me some of that...

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
How has Olofsson looked for the Hogs so far? No points yet but curious if anyone has thoughts to his play. Haven't had a chance to check out any games yet. @CourtneyDagger50 ?

Doesn't look out of place. Which is all I really have after two poor outings for the Hogs. and by doesn't look out of place, I don't mean he looks like crap because the Hogs have.
I mean, he looks like he belongs in the AHL (for now) and has upside.

I like him. Sweet kid too. Met him at the season ticket holder dinner. He was just excited for the opportunity. I know they all have to say that, but he was extra talkative when most guys just sign things and go on with their business lol.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Doesn't look out of place. Which is all I really have after two poor outings for the Hogs. and by doesn't look out of place, I don't mean he looks like crap because the Hogs have.

I like him. Sweet kid too. Met him at the season ticket holder dinner. He was just excited for the opportunity. I know they all have to say that, but he was extra talkative when most guys just sign things and go on with their business lol.
Thoughts on Krys?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Thanks, Courts! I will take that start.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Been watching the Halifax vs Quebec game.

Quebec is really bad. I don't know how anyone could even produce on this team...and yet Kurashev does. He looks really scary whenever he steps on the ice. Immediately the most dominant force out there. Like his abilities just outclass everyone else. He pressures the opponents and causes them to make mistakes. Only reason he doesn't have points this game is cause Gravel is a monster in net. Good news for us.

Still think Kurashev needs to get stronger though. Sikura is in the NHL so anything is possible, but I think AHL will be the more likely path for him next season. I think he could be really effective there with our stud blue liners. Much better than the garbage he currently plays with.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Said it before but Gravel seriously gets slept on here. Kid is a very good goalie prospect .
Interesting how much he slipped. Future Considerations ranked him as a second rounder.

I'm not expecting Crow level talent, but he looks like he's got the NHL upside for sure.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Looks like Boqvist may have got a hat trick again tonight. It's confusing though on the Knights facebook page. Says he scored 3 goals in the list, but when it lists him as the #1 star it says 2G's.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Although Kayumov looks to be a solid bottom 6 PKer, I also kind of wish we drafted Taylor Raddysh instead.

DeBrincat-Strome-Raddysh would be pretty cool right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad