Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dies this mean Hawks have to play Krys at least 1 game to burn a year off his ELC as the incentive to get him to leave?

I guess they could play him 1 shift and that gets the job done ? Surely they did not start the deal only beginning next season? If they did that I guess it means no signing bonus till July 1st ..

We should find out soon exactly what the details are ...but my guess is the 1st yr burn-off is coming sometime in the next 7 games remaining..but probably not immediately till he has at least a couple of practices in...Unless the plan is only for 1 shift to burn it off.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dies this mean Hawks have to play Krys at least 1 game to burn a year off his ELC as the incentive to get him to leave?

I guess they could play him 1 shift and that gets the job done ? Surely they did not start the deal only beginning next season? If they did that I guess it means no signing bonus till July 1st ..

We should find out soon exactly what the details are ...but my guess is the 1st yr burn-off is coming sometime in the next 7 games remaining..but probably not immediately till he has at least a couple of practices in...Unless the plan is only for 1 shift to burn it off.
Quote from the article...

Krys’ contract will go into effect next season. He will join the Rockford IceHogs for the remainder of this season on an amateur tryout agreement.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saw in the dedicated thread to the Krys signing that ELC starts next season.
.relief we did not have to burn 1stvyr off...So Hogs get him for the duration of this season on his AHL try-out deal.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Krys has been one of the least talked about skilled players we have. I think he was every bit as good as Fabbro this season despite missing some time to injuries. He has a real good chance to crack our LD in 2 years, he is strong and quick on his skates and with his decision making. he will be a player, welcome aboard, feels like forever since we drafted him!!

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They have to make the playoffs first, plus most teams are picking up similar prospects this time of year.

And I really don't like their chances unless Sikura goes back down and some of those young d-man step up. Don't think they have hang with some of the big boy AHL teams down there. Gonna be really close.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

No our prospect but he has fallen hard. I kind of want to see if he could be had for cheap from the NYI. D prospect for a OW is what I am thinking.

Very interesting that Europe is a possibility.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

No our prospect but he has fallen hard. I kind of want to see if he could be had for cheap from the NYI. D prospect for a OW is what I am thinking.

Very interesting that Europe is a possibility.

Europe doesn't seem likely. I don't see why he wouldn't report to Bridgeport.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Explain his terrible production? Class performance means little to me. It is the fact that he couldn't produce.
Quit exaggerating. His production was not terrible in any way. Was it underwhelming for a top pick? Sure, but certainly not terrible.

School work is the biggest source of stress for teenagers. That affects mental health and can seriously impact his play on the ice.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Explain his terrible production? Class performance means little to me. It is the fact that he couldn't produce.

People said the same about Tkachuk's college numbers. NCAA numbers are tricky and it's not like he wasn't producing at all, especially being a true Freshman. Still had solid number, even if less than expected for being a high pick.

Classroom struggles can seep into on-ice play, as well. Focus, getting in your own head, stress, etc. Could be any number of factors.

I see no reason he couldn't step into the AHL, personally.

Reactions: Kevin Musto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad