Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...Mitchel got 2g and 2a in a Denver win over Colorado College tonight in the NCHC Tournament...unfortunately it was a nothing going game= Consolation Game for 3rd place in the Tournament...where was he last night with a big zero and -2?

On the other hand Philipp Kurashev with the OT GWG tonight as Quebec beats Halifax to go up 2-0 in the best of 7 quaterfinal in the QMJHL...Quebec won both games on the road in Halifax...I guess Gravel buckled under the spotlight of playoff in testy. 2 upsets by the underdog Ramparts ..

So to summarize...we want our prospects to come up big and win in crucial games not 8n games that do not mean much..

Hawks folded down the stretch here in losing too many games as the runways gets shorter..Hawks "stars" too many disapearribg acts..Nice tovsexatvleast 1 prospect come up with a crucial winning goal (and of course in playoffs OT is 5x5 so not a phony goal in the not real fame 3x3..

Hawks need heroes not MIA guys when it could ts most .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Note Dame leads Penn Syate 3-2 after 2 period in the Big Ten Championship game..

Evan Barratt = zero points so far.

Cale Moriss who many on this board want to sign as a free agent goalie after his season finishes at Note Dame has played well to keep his team ahead. ...but to. Me I see him.flop around a lot and down on his knees a lot. .he is not a big goalie at only 6'1 but looks even smaller as he couches and flops down a lot..not sure this will hold up in the NHL and those deflection goals may go in right over top of him if he 8s down to the ice that much.. Sorry but ..just my observation

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Note Dame leads Penn Syate 3-2 after 2 period in the Big Ten Championship game..

Cale Moriss who many on this board want to sign as a free agent goalie after his season finishes at Note Dame has played well to keep his team ahead. ...but to. Me I see him.flop around a lot and down on his knees a lot. .he is not a big goalie at only 6'1 but looks even smaller as he couches and flops down a lot..not sure this will hold up in the NHL and those deflection goals may go in right over top of him if he 8s down to the ice that much.. Sorry but ..just my observation
you are a buffoon

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well with 2:26 remaining in the 3rd period and Note Dame leading Penn State 3-2 ,Evan Barratt had a glorious chance crashing and banging in the Note Dame crease ..bUT Morris flopped down and smothered then loose puck with the help of hiscd-men trying to protect him by battling off Barratt and others in the scrum... Penn State out-shoring Note Dame 47 -29 with just 1:28 to play ...extra skater on for Penn States with goalie pulled... ND misses empty net and it went for icing..PennStatevpresding in zine but ND clears...wins Big Ten Championship again!

47 saves seems like Morris a wall ..but really these were not that many high quality shots free and aline as in the Blackhawks loose defense ...rather ND makes it difficult to get those really open n9 checkerboard you shots ...they are on you..so shots yes. .but always hurried and also on the rebounds and loose pucks to clear ..

So I think you put Morris in the Hawks lineup and if they give 47 shots up that 20 of them are going g to be high danger shots with not great checkers to hurry them ..I doubt Mr.Morris survives in such a ddensive structures environment rather than in the pressure check the shot system he gets with the ND system.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Wearing a blindfold?

6’1” is not too small. Limb length is the important part.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well with 2:26 remaining in the 3rd period and Note Dame leading Penn State 3-2 ,Evan Barratt had a glorious chance crashing and banging in the Note Dame crease ..bUT Morris flopped down and smothered then loose puck with the help of hiscd-men trying to protect him by battling off Barratt and others in the scrum... Penn State out-shoring Note Dame 47 -29 with just 1:28 to play ...extra skater on for Penn States with goalie pulled... ND misses empty net and it went for icing..PennStatevpresding in zine but ND clears...wins Big Ten Championship again!

47 saves seems like Morris a wall ..but really these were not that many high quality shots free and aline as in the Blackhawks loose defense ...rather ND makes it difficult to get those really open n9 checkerboard you shots ...they are on you..so shots yes. .but always hurried and also on the rebounds and loose pucks to clear ..

So I think you put Morris in the Hawks lineup and if they give 47 shots up that 20 of them are going g to be high danger shots with not great checkers to hurry them ..I doubt Mr.Morris survives in such a ddensive structures environment rather than in the pressure check the shot system he gets with the ND system.

Not many good chances? Lol complete BS.

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boqvist = no points today in a London win where they scored 5 goals. ..Bouchard 3a ...

So after 2 playoff games Boqvist has 2 assist (secondary)...Bouchard has 1g 5a....but at least Boqvist playing well defensively .. Looks like he is holding back and deferring g to others ...it really is Bouchard'so team to lead this season. ..he is their captain ...Next season Bouchard will be in the NHL or AHL and it will be Boqvist's team to lead and be "the guy"...Bit London loses a lot of vet d-men next season. .could be young on D...so it could be a more difficult and trying year with the big pressure on Boqvist...Maybe Hawks do not want him there in that situation..In that case he may be in Rockford ...instead of where he should be...another year in London where he can become "the guy" and prove he can be a force to lead a team instead of too much deferring bonus attack.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Boqvist = no points today in a London win where they scored 5 goals. ..Bouchard 3a ...

So after 2 playoff games Boqvist has 2 assist (secondary)...Bouchard has 1g 5a....but at least Boqvist playing well defensively .. Looks like he is holding back and deferring g to others ...it really is Bouchard'so team to lead this season. ..he is their captain ...Next season Bouchard will be in the NHL or AHL and it will be Boqvist's team to lead and be "the guy"...Bit London loses a lot of vet d-men next season. .could be young on D...so it could be a more difficult and trying year with the big pressure on Boqvist...Maybe Hawks do not want him there in that situation..In that case he may be in Rockford ...instead of where he should be...another year in London where he can become "the guy" and prove he can be a force to lead a team instead of too much deferring bonus attack.

He showed during the season that he drives play consistently. London was up 2-0 early and Boqvist played smart relative to that.

Bouchard is 100% the leader of the team but through the season Boqvist created at lot more than Bouchard dispite Bouchard being the focal point more often.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Great to see krys almost officially in the fold. Like the kid, seems like a worker. Didn't start off at BU on fire but just kept working and getting better.
Congrats and good luck to him.
Looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next few years.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Krys is going to surprise some me thinks!!
As a LHD he's got less competition in his way.

Also you were mentioning that Kelley was scouting Cale Morris (which is awesome). Do you think they're also taking a look at Bobby Nardella? LHD who will be a free agent. Top point producer on his team and is from the Chicago area. Could be an interesting target.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Also you were mentioning that Kelley was scouting Cale Morris (which is awesome). Do you think they're also taking a look at Bobby Nardella? LHD who will be a free agent. Top point producer on his team and is from the Chicago area. Could be an interesting target.
Nardella would be intriguing, but only so many contracts to go around. I like him and Ty Amonte as possible wild card adds with strong bloodlines.,

Reactions: Kevin Musto

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

if they sign, this is or will be the beginning of a huge upside for the Bhawks as oppose to last season.

put it on the board !!!!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I would definitely take a look at him. If for no other reason than to rile up the "smurf" crowd.

Reactions: Kevin Musto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad