Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Most of it, yes, but the date when the player actually signs the contract is what's important here. Since Mitchell and Barratt are both 20 already, their ELCs will not slide under any circumstances, even if they play 0 games.

I don't think I ever said they would. And that's unrelated to them being exempt from the expansion draft.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Right, but that has no effect on the expansion draft.

Exactly, and it's the expansion draft eligibility I was curious about. I know fiddy mentioned 'burning a year' in the post I quoted originally but I don't really care about the ELC sliding bit.

It sounds like Mitchell will not be eligible for the expansion draft if he signs and plays <10 with the Hogs this season. That's good news. Thanks for the answer.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Entwhistle was voted as best defensive forward in the OHL Western Conference, by the coaches.
Could really end up being an underrated pickup by Stan. I think some saw him as a random throw in. Most Arizona fans claim that they won that trade big time. Stan was seeking out Entwistle, but kept his poker face unlike Chayka who was desperate for Schmaltz and overpaid for him because of it. Entwistle secretly might be the most useful player in that deal. I doubt he scores a lot, but he seems like the perfect bottom 6 defensive PKer. Like Hossa without the offense. Tons of use for someone like that. That's the depth piece that pushes you over the top.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Could really end up being an underrated pickup by Stan. I think some saw him as a random throw in. Most Arizona fans claim that they won that trade big time. Stan was seeking out Entwistle, but kept his poker face unlike Chayka who was desperate for Schmaltz and overpaid for him because of it. Entwistle secretly might be the most useful player in that deal. I doubt he scores a lot, but he seems like the perfect bottom 6 defensive PKer. Like Hossa without the offense. Tons of use for someone like that. That's the depth piece that pushes you over the top.
Entwistle came over in the Hossa trade, not the Schmaltz trade.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Entwistle came over in the Hossa trade, not the Schmaltz trade.
I know, but I was comparing both situations. Stan targeted Entwistle as a guy he was interested in since the draft when Arizona picked him one spot ahead of the Hawks. Ever since then, Entwistle has been on Stan's radar as a player he wanted. But Stan didn't show his hand. Chayka asked about Schmaltz multiple times and thought it was unbelievable when he was made available. Stan took advantage of that. Chayka didn't take advantage of Stan wanting Entwistle.

Rookie GM vs. Pro GM

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not sure where else to post this, but Delia's celly game is next level

D2JsdqcW0AEswV3.jpg

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
most excellent...... is this the first time he did this ??

It is lol.

Also answering the questions from a few pages back:
Joker is great.
Forsberg had an awesome weekend and has been okay. I wouldn't put him in the NHL, but he really stepped up for us this past weekend. If he gets put in the right situation he could possibly make it.

Reactions: LDF

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Freddy Olofsson signed a PTO with Rockford. That's a good deal as he was a senior they told they wanted him to finish college. Should help Rockford at forward too.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Freddy Olofsson signed a PTO with Rockford. That's a good deal as he was a senior they told they wanted him to finish college. Should help Rockford at forward too.
Interesting. I was wondering what they were planning to do with him.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I am surprised we got him signed honestly.

I am a little bit, as well. I thought it was probably 50/50 between him possibly just wanting to be a FA and then not being sure what the organization wanted to do. I know they like him, I just wasn't sure it was going to happen. Happy to see it.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mark Kelley was at the Big 10 Tournament, but attended each and all Notre Dame games - it is a safe bet they are going all in at Cale Morris, who was absolutely f***ing phenomenal there shutting out Michigan St twice and winning a 2-1 OT game against the Golden Gophers...

he is there again tonight as Notre Dame faces off against our boy Evan Barratt and Penn St...

GET ER DONE!!!!!

Morris has given up 1 goal in his last 80 shots in one of the biggest stages of the year...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mark Kelley was at the Big 10 Tournament, but attended each and all Notre Dame games - it is a safe bet they are going all in at Cale Morris, who was absolutely ****ing phenomenal there shutting out Michigan St twice and winning a 2-1 OT game against the Golden Gophers...

he is there again tonight as Notre Dame faces off against our boy Evan Barratt and Penn St...

GET ER DONE!!!!!

I am all for signing Morris.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
apparently shit got real - Mr. Stan Bowman is now there as well to see Notre Dame vs Penn St. My Uncle is a STH for the Irish and Hawks and just texted saying both Kelley and Bowman are there..I am sure seeing our boy Barratt is part of the deal, but I have to imagine they are really eye balling Morris as well...last game against the Gophers, the NTD boosters said to Kelley "that kid in net (Morris) would look great in a Hawks net in a few years"....Kelley responded smiling "we do too"......hahahaha love it!!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Mark Kelley was at the Big 10 Tournament, but attended each and all Notre Dame games - it is a safe bet they are going all in at Cale Morris, who was absolutely ****ing phenomenal there shutting out Michigan St twice and winning a 2-1 OT game against the Golden Gophers...

GET ER DONE!!!!!

Morris has given up 1 goal in his last 80 shots in one of the biggest stages of the year...
i am with you as well.....

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad