Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Mark Kelley was at the Big 10 Tournament, but attended each and all Notre Dame games - it is a safe bet they are going all in at Cale Morris, who was absolutely ****ing phenomenal there shutting out Michigan St twice and winning a 2-1 OT game against the Golden Gophers...

he is there again tonight as Notre Dame faces off against our boy Evan Barratt and Penn St...

GET ER DONE!!!!!

Morris has given up 1 goal in his last 80 shots in one of the biggest stages of the year...
I feel like we overlook fa college goalies a lot here when suggesting ways to stockpile our goalie pipeline. Personally im not too worried about it bc weve had some success in the past so I have faith our scouting staff can restock. Morris is a FA correct?

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Good intel, AD. Love it.
hahaha, my Uncle is now posting this shit on facebook - he is trying to be the next Laz!!!! He is a great guy, Irish alumni/booster, but massive Hawks fan..if we get this kid it would be exactly what we have been missing. and according to those twitter/facebook people in my family, Morris has liked EVERY post that has had Blackhawks related info in it, meaning if someone talks about the Hawks he is liking it or retweeting it, or whatever the hell you do...I don't know what that means, but I think this kid is no dummy and understands there is opportunity here.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I feel like we overlook fa college goalies a lot here when suggesting ways to stockpile our goalie pipeline. Personally im not too worried about it bc weve had some success in the past so I have faith our scouting staff can restock. Morris is a FA correct?
correct, he is free to sign anywhere when his season ends. when it comes to goalies, I am more into getting that top UFA college goalie than any other position...they seem to hit more than the rest. look no further than his predecessor Cal Peterson who apparently we were in to sign up until the very end.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I apologize I have misrepresented what was told to me - Kelley and Bowman are expected to be there tomorrow, the game is not tonight it is tomorrow, but my familia was informed they will both be there among other teams scouting departments. I assumed what he was telling me was for tonight and not tomorrow, but the word came down that Hawks brass will be there....my apologies, I jumped the gun and you can shoot the messenger.

Reactions: LDF

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I apologize I have misrepresented what was told to me - Kelley and Bowman are expected to be there tomorrow, the game is not tonight it is tomorrow, but my familia was informed they will both be there among other teams scouting departments. I assumed what he was telling me was for tonight and not tomorrow, but the word came down that Hawks brass will be there....my apologies, I jumped the gun and you can shoot the messenger.

tenor.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have a 60 year old texting me this shit, didn't think it was tomorrow. they were informed that Bowman and Kelley will be there...I take my beatings standing tall - I should have checked but assumed when someone says "Kelley will be here - so excited for the game"...it ,meant tonight..lol...throw your worst rotten vegetables, I take it like a man...

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
correct, he is free to sign anywhere when his season ends. when it comes to goalies, I am more into getting that top UFA college goalie than any other position...they seem to hit more than the rest. look no further than his predecessor Cal Peterson who apparently we were in to sign up until the very end.
My thoughts as well. I also think more quality dmen come from the ncaa than we realize too.

Damn thats right I forgot we were close to snagging him too

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
oh man, pls...pls....pls ask him if there is any lhd-d-men that could be sign....

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The first CHL play off games occurred

Boqvist got 1A
Entwistle got 1G
Kurashev got 1A
Beaudin got 1A (first point since returning from his concussion)

No points for the Red Deer boys

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...Mr. skating go ability and hands produced Zero points on offense last night and was a MIINUS 2....obviously over-hyped and over-sold ...

BTW ...instead of showing us a great move that resulted in nothing why not instead show usvhighlightsvof Mitchell defending ?After all ..that is the problem with every pmd surf Stan has loaded up on...Why should Mitchell be any different ..how is he on the pk?Does he block shots and not chase around in futility?Does he finish his checks?Was that MIANUS 2 last night his fault and if not could he have done better to help prevent those goals by getting into better position or making a better check earlier in the sequence.

Not necessarily blaming him forc2vgoalsxagaibst while on shift...but rather what makes you think he will ALIEVE the Hawks problems in defending the d-zone .. and if you think that would be the case ...that he could help us defend...then the question is When? Is he "ready" to step in and make any defensive improvement over what we currently have as soon as next season. .

It seems great "experts" like Scott Powers (who says he has seen him a lot ) and the great Mark Lazerus have determined. .Nope..will need AHL pro seasoning ..

So over-selling Mitchell?It would seem so.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well amother USNTDP
Team USA mu-18 shellac shellacking of a USHL opponent last night..but this time they "only"mustered a measly 7 goals instead of fun double digits..

Generational Jack had a whopping 8 shots on goal..but as usual oh is lousy shooting only got him to beat a goalie 1 time .and of course it was against a man down situ on for the oops as it was on the pp for Team USA.and Generational Jack had Zero assists this game (I guess this explains why no double digit production this night by the team?)...but Generational Jack was lucky enough to be on the ice when his team scored 5x5 ..so he was a whopping +1 for the evening. . Truly Generational stuff right?

Meanwhile...the guy in the shadows behind Generational Jack ...who does not even get 1/10th of the hype...the Illinois lad, Alex Turcotte with another typical hum drum game...1g 1a +2 and only 2 shots on goal (again showing what an efficient shooter he is )...Of course if he got the featured pp time Generational Jack gets then he would probably at least double his goal totals ..but not to many have pointed out these comparisons to the more hyped Generational Jack.

So even if Hawks do not make playoffs (the better bet right now because runway is short and Hawks not playing well ) but get lucky. .win lotto for #1..you can bet Stan goes with the consensus...takes Generational Jack...another surf. .and is sorry awhile later as he realizes Generational Jack cannot get p p time because Ties and Strone there now and which would you bench in that man up situation just to put Generatonal Jack in?Toews or Strome gonna be ....starts with a P and ends with a D...

Generational Jack would be a huge mistake because he does not fit the proper role in current Hawks lineup and needs..Turcotte can find t the 3C roleand not complain about no pp time.

If Stan instead wanted to prove he was an astute GM he should instead of going with Generational Jack,instead shock the room by announcing g Turcotte ad the Hawks 1st pick.

But you and I know Stan does not have the cojones to bypass the consensus #1 ...that being Generational Jack.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Well...Mr. skating go ability and hands produced Zero points on offense last night and was a MIINUS 2....obviously over-hyped and over-sold ...

BTW ...instead of showing us a great move that resulted in nothing why not instead show usvhighlightsvof Mitchell defending ?After all ..that is the problem with every pmd surf Stan has loaded up on...Why should Mitchell be any different ..how is he on the pk?Does he block shots and not chase around in futility?Does he finish his checks?Was that MIANUS 2 last night his fault and if not could he have done better to help prevent those goals by getting into better position or making a better check earlier in the sequence.

Not necessarily blaming him forc2vgoalsxagaibst while on shift...but rather what makes you think he will ALIEVE the Hawks problems in defending the d-zone .. and if you think that would be the case ...that he could help us defend...then the question is When? Is he "ready" to step in and make any defensive improvement over what we currently have as soon as next season. .

It seems great "experts" like Scott Powers (who says he has seen him a lot ) and the great Mark Lazerus have determined. .Nope..will need AHL pro seasoning ..

Lol.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Minus 2? clEarLy hES A bUst!!!!

Duluth was the better team. No one on Denver looked great because of it. To blame it all on Mitchell is laughable. He can't do everything by himself and to expect that out of him is ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as being the only person in the world that thinks people are calling Jack generational. That tag is reserved for Dylan.

Reactions: Giovi

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Minus 2? clEarLy hES A bUst!!!!

Duluth was the better team. No one on Denver looked great because of it. To blame it all on Mitchell is laughable. He can't do everything by himself and to expect that out of him is ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as being the only person in the world that thinks people are calling Jack generational. That tag is reserved for Dylan.
Picking out a single game +/- (in a game it appears he diddnt even watch) to question a players defensive ability has got to be the weakest argument I’ve seen on here in some time.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

:damnpc:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well amother USNTDP
Team USA mu-18 shellac shellacking of a USHL opponent last night..but this time they "only"mustered a measly 7 goals instead of fun double digits..

Generational Jack had a whopping 8 shots on goal..but as usual oh is lousy shooting only got him to beat a goalie 1 time .and of course it was against a man down situ on for the oops as it was on the pp for Team USA.and Generational Jack had Zero assists this game (I guess this explains why no double digit production this night by the team?)...but Generational Jack was lucky enough to be on the ice when his team scored 5x5 ..so he was a whopping +1 for the evening. . Truly Generational stuff right?

Meanwhile...the guy in the shadows behind Generational Jack ...who does not even get 1/10th of the hype...the Illinois lad, Alex Turcotte with another typical hum drum game...1g 1a +2 and only 2 shots on goal (again showing what an efficient shooter he is )...Of course if he got the featured pp time Generational Jack gets then he would probably at least double his goal totals ..but not to many have pointed out these comparisons to the more hyped Generational Jack.

So even if Hawks do not make playoffs (the better bet right now because runway is short and Hawks not playing well ) but get lucky. .win lotto for #1..you can bet Stan goes with the consensus...takes Generational Jack...another surf. .and is sorry awhile later as he realizes Generational Jack cannot get p p time because Ties and Strone there now and which would you bench in that man up situation just to put Generatonal Jack in?Toews or Strome gonna be ....starts with a P and ends with a D...

Generational Jack would be a huge mistake because he does not fit the proper role in current Hawks lineup and needs..Turcotte can find t the 3C roleand not complain about no pp time.

If Stan instead wanted to prove he was an astute GM he should instead of going with Generational Jack,instead shock the room by announcing g Turcotte ad the Hawks 1st pick.

But you and I know Stan does not have the cojones to bypass the consensus #1 ...that being Generational Jack.
you are a complete buffoon..

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
This is where I point out that you should all just put the buffoon on your ignore list. Otherwise by responding to him you're just clogging up the thread with useless posts that the rest of us have to skip over.
Its like a car crash happening in slo mo, just cant help but watch....

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
This is where I point out that you should all just put the buffoon on your ignore list. Otherwise by responding to him you're just clogging up the thread with useless posts that the rest of us have to skip over.

I did that a long time ago. The threads are much easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad