Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Alexander Nylander vs Alex Debrincat

I love reading things like this, it’s always a good laugh.

It’s also a reminder to me that prospects can be a very fickle thing, and to not count your chickens before they hatch.
Hilarious. Would love to see the actual poll.

September 13, 2017 reply...love this one particularly...
“Better yet, ignore scoreboard watching and actually watch them play and the answer should be pretty clear. Debrincat has a long way to go to translate his game to the NHL while Nylander really isn't far off. Debrincat's skating is no where near NHL ready at his size and needs to improve significantly over the next 3-4 years if he ever wants to be an impact NHLer.”

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hilarious. Would love to see the actual poll.

September 13, 2017 reply...love this one particularly...
“Better yet, ignore scoreboard watching and actually watch them play and the answer should be pretty clear. Debrincat has a long way to go to translate his game to the NHL while Nylander really isn't far off. Debrincat's skating is no where near NHL ready at his size and needs to improve significantly over the next 3-4 years if he ever wants to be an impact NHLer.”

OOPS! :laugh:

Meanwhile ... career stats:

Nylander - 10 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 points.
DeBrincat - 153 games, 66 goals, 57 assists, 123 points.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
OOPS! :laugh:

Meanwhile ... career stats:

Nylander - 10 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 points.
DeBrincat - 153 games, 66 goals, 57 assists, 123 points.
Yep. At this point you don’t even take William Nylander over Cat. Cat will be 22 yo on December 18.

W. Nylander. 23 yo on May 1st, 229 games, 53 goals, 104 assists, 157 points.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the Cat is starting to scratch on what he will become, plain and simple.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He’s not. Forsberg was a solid prospect in Columbus. He has talent if he can fix/develop the mental side.
It's not that I think Forsberg is that great. Delia has been that bad recently.

Forsberg leads the AHL with a 924sv% (among qualified goalies)

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Did not realize till I saw it today that Reese Johnson led the WHL in face off % at 65.32%...for comparison Philipp Kurashec was 52.9% and MacKenzie Entwhistle just 49.0% (which means he probably plays wing not Centre on our plans for hI'm. ..Guelph recently moved Entwhistle from the wing back to take over 3C and he had a huge final weekend ...but we probably want more proficient guys in the dot ..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Der Sniper Von Pilsen did not snipe today ...again..and his team lost game 5 of the Swiss NLA quarter-finals 2to 1 to lose the series 4 games to 1 ...So Luna like finishes with 1 g 5a in 5GP ... perhaps we see him in the World Chamionships for the Czech Republic ? If he is not on that team he will be off for the summer and unless he has an out clause in his contract he will be back in the NLA again next season.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Barratt and Penn State play for the B1G Championship on Saturday. Winner advances to the main tournament.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
So if Mitchell and Krys both sign with the Hawks should their teams not extend to Frozen Four amd past Hawks last game and play even 1 game with the Hawks this season ...means they burn a year and would be eligible for the Expansion Draft unless protected..

Can anyone confirm if this is true for Mitchell? For the 18 and 19 year-olds, playing less than 10 games doesn't count as a service year. I realize Mitchell turned 20 in January, but does that mean this wouldn't count as his 19 year-old season? Not sure when the cut off is...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Can anyone confirm if this is true for Mitchell? For the 18 and 19 year-olds, playing less than 10 games doesn't count as a service year. I realize Mitchell turned 20 in January, but does that mean this wouldn't count as his 19 year-old season? Not sure when the cut off is...

How would Mitchell burn a year on his ELC when he doesn't even have one, yet? He's a college player(amateur), he can't have a pro contract while in college. He'll likely sign his ELC once his college season is over. I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt he'll play a single game this season. The Hawks likely aren't making the playoffs, and he also has to make the decision to sign the ELC, which I doubt he does before the end of the Hawks season. If he does, I believe he can't go back and play college. He has to go pro, so that's a big decision to make, and it all depends on when his college team gets knocked out.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
isn't the ELC have a subjective amount in the yrs for the contract ??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
To answer the question about players brought in this year and burning a year off their ELC and fear of the expansion draft.

Weird, could have sworn that it's a 10 game threshold... Where is the 11 coming from? Anything over 9 will burn a year off the ELC, and is considered a "season" ... so what is with the random 11 game threshold that Cap Friendly is tossing out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad