Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
NBD....

cards.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Der Sniper Von Pilsen had 2 more primary assits today in a 5-3 loss to Biel in their Swiss National Jockey League Quarter-Final Playoffs game today...his team, Ambri-Piotta is now 0-3 in this series. .Kubalik now has 1g 4 assists (all primaries) and has points in all 3 games ....he has points on 5 of the 6 goals his team has scored in the series.

But Kuba like has been more set-up guy than the sniper he gets his nickname tag from...

Unfortunately he had been overshadowed in the series by Biel players Fuchs and Shmutz (which may have been more interesting had the Hawks signed them than Der Sniper Von Pilsen.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Fuchs and Shmutz (which may have been more interesting had the Hawks signed them than Der Sniper Von Pilsen.
What?

Are you just ignoring regular season? Fuchs had 18 points in 39 games, Schmutz had 9 in 46. Kubalik leads the league in points and points per game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What?

Are you just ignoring regular season? Fuchs had 18 points in 39 games, Schmutz had 9 in 46. Kubalik leads the league in points and points per game.
I actually thought Schmutz and Fuchs were "Fiddy Specials" in butchering ones name...but then saw your reply and saw the players and started laughing that he pretty much got them right hahahaha

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sone people cannot understand when I am joking ...or they do not understand my humour..Of course DSVP a.k.a. Dominik Kubalik had a much more productive season than Fuchs and Shmutz.. you think I am an idiot for not knowing how that?..but you gotta admit that having the moniker Der Sniper Von Pilsen involves expectations of sniping ...it turns out that in 3 playoff games where the intensity ramps up and perhaps the opposition goalie or team gets hot ,we often find the best player "stars" are eclipsed by more average players who ramp up their game over their regular season efforts. It is just funny that players with those funny names ,Fuchs and Shmutz became Der Snipers and Kubalik with only 1 goal instead became "passe-partout" (I pull out a movie reference for Kubalik's new moniker in which he does not snipe as much becones a set-up master)...Of course his team is 0-3 which is not his fault ...being involved is 5 of their 6 goals is pretty MVP for his team ...but again..as we all know ..playoff losses (if that now hapoens) do not get any sing players much credit. ..playoff winners and the heroes who score goals for them do get most of the. credit. .So only crediting Fuchs and Shmutz as stepping up for Biel ...as to Kubalik. .not really a failure given his points....but still it sort of becones like the critique Panarin got when we subbed Saad back in for him
..the 2 reasons were cost certainty and that while Saad was not as starry as Pana run he was expected to be more playoff useful when a tighter more physical intessity game occurred.

Do not know if that would be a similar critique for Kubalik and that the lesser producers in the regular season took the Saad exoected role and actually upped their games to star in playoffs..

Of course in the Hawks case,Sad did not do enough starring in regular season to ensure we were in a playoff spot at this time of the season with the runway having not much space in it to lift off to playoffs.

So one could argue that Kubalik with 5 points in 3 games in playoffs has not really disappointed ..but on the
other hand because Fuchs and Shmutz score big goals to help their team win 3 straight playoff games,they are at least "starrier" at the moment ...does not mean they are better regular season players..

If however Kubalik had lived upto his moniker of Der Sniper Von Pilsen with 4 goals and 1a instead of 1g and 4 assists in these 3 games played so far ,then I would have been waxing poetic on our next great Sniper to challenge the likes of D-Cat ...I would not have even brought up the funny name guys Fuchs and Shmutz and their current "stardom" so far.

So because the Sniper was not special in sniping g but became instead a set-up guy ...and because passes do not get the credit as much as goal scoring g heroes ...especially in playoffs..U therefore brought up this turn of events and that it was 2 guys with very funny last names ((Fuchs is I an sure is not pronounced with the "uh" sound for the letter u...but rather with the "you" sound...but if you of course did it the other way it becomes hilarious to have a star with that sound in his name ...and of course the other guy has a funny name because Shmutz in German is "dirt"..so you would have 2 playoff stars with names that could be construed as quite "dirty"...get it now?

So I was joking about both the ironic situation that happened to Kubalik ...from Sniper to playmaker AND joking about 2 guys with quite "dirty" names (one by mis-pronunciation and the other by transkation).

Sorry for the long justification of my post on this...but from the replies some have no sense of either irony or humour ..

So when I facetious said maybe Hawks should have drafted Fuchs and Shmutz instead of Der Sniper Von Pilsen..it was meant in jest..as in ..what would have Hass marketing Dept. doNE with this names?And how will Hawks Marketing Depot. Handle it if Der Sniper Von Pilsen does not in fact snipe for us but only gets assists? Tey would need to find a new moniker for him...

This was all of course meant in good spirits of fun..not actual criticism of the Hawks for acquiring g rights to Kubalik.

BTW ...some posters are mistaken that Kubalik is one of our ELC's..he has not been signed for next season. ..His contract with Ambri-Piotta runs through next season ..but perhaps there is an out clause to allow him to sign with us Fter this season is over?Do not know if that is the case or not.If not we need to wait another season before he can sign...just like Shalunov (no out clause in the Shalunov contract).

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I mean when you regularly take stats out of context to make crazy claims, you don’t really give yourself much wiggle room to claim you’re joking about the same exact thing

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad