All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
If I recall correctly, both said shortly after going to WWE they wouldn't go back to Japan due to the time away from family.

I think Gallows has separated/divorced since that time, but Anderson still has his HotAsianWife.

Karl Anderson living the dream regardless of VKM and WWE gives me hope.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anderson and Gallows could definitely be back. AJ is off TV right now, so it could be a case that there’s nothing for them. With that said, obviously they are still out of contract.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So basically Vince wants them to go on unemployment insurance till he needs them. How much was that FOX TV contract again(like 200M?) you can't tell me he can't use that money to pay his people all while he flushes hundreds of millions down with the XFL
I don't know exactly how bankruptcy works but I think Vince is also stiffing a lot of XFL employees by declaring bankruptcy instead paying them the money their owed. The guy's a scumbag but I've known that for years.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I'm gonna miss Anderson and Gallows. Hoping them and Revival go somewhere and get used right.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Cody has wanted Zack Ryder in AEW for a while. His Instagram post and tweet after his release indicate the same as well.
Dear god no. Zack Ryder is awful in the ring, an awful promo, and nothing he does is remotely believable nor is it worth investing time in.

AEW should stay far away. It cannot turn into the place where WWE rejects go like TNA became.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Ryder sucks. You'd hope that AEW has learned from the Dillinger experience that not everyone WWE uses sparingly is a diamond in the rough.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t mind Shawn spears but I’m not a big Ryder guy. His ability to get over pretty much exclusively by himself is impressive though. Not the guy AEW should burn their budget on. That would be big daddy ru ru and ryback. They’re getting older/dealt with injuries and are pretty good friends so maybe put them together as a couple meaty boys that throw people around

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE is returning to a taping schedule, which begins next Saturday. The current taping schedule essentially runs every other week and covers shows airing up to and including Smackdown on July 10

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Anderson and Gallows could definitely be back. AJ is off TV right now, so it could be a case that there’s nothing for them. With that said, obviously they are still out of contract.

Do people on 90-day non-compete clause get paid over that time period? WhatCulture Wrestling's news round-up mentioned that and I don't know how that works. Also, the WhatCulture guys outside of Simon Miller seem to be completely clueless on how business works.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do people on 90-day non-compete clause get paid over that time period? WhatCulture Wrestling's news round-up mentioned that and I don't know how that works. Also, the WhatCulture guys outside of Simon Miller seem to be completely clueless on how business works.
Probably not as these cuts were made in part to reach quarterly financial goals. It wouldn’t be worth releasing them if they still had to pay them, but I don’t know for sure. There is an investor call coming up soon too.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
They could do bullet club better without the elite distracting. It might be good if they go to Japan.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
WWE is returning to a taping schedule, which begins next Saturday. The current taping schedule essentially runs every other week and covers shows airing up to and including Smackdown on July 10

According to The Observer here's the upcoming taping schedule:

April tapings
Saturday, April 25; May 1st and May 8th SmackDown will be taped
Monday, April 27; That night's Raw and the May 4th Raw will be taped
Wednesday, April 29; That night's NXT and the May 6th NXT will be taped

May tapings
Monday, May 11; That night's Raw and the May 15th SmackDown will be taped
Tuesday, May 12; The May 18th Raw and the May 22nd SmackDown will be taped
Wednesday, May 13; That night's NXT and the May 20th NXT will be taped
Monday, May 25; That night's Raw and the June 1st Raw will be taped
Tuesday, May 26; The May 29th and June 5th SmackDown will be taped
Wednesday, May 27; That night's NXT and the June 3rd NXT will be taped

June/July tapings
Monday, June 8; That night's Raw and the June 12th SmackDown will be taped
Tuesday, June 9; The June 10th NXT will be taped
Monday, June 15; That night's Raw and the June 19th SmackDown will be taped
Tuesday, June 16; The June 22nd Raw and the June 26th SmackDown will be taped
Wednesday, June 17; That night's NXT and the June 24th NXT will be taped
Monday, June 29; That night's Raw and the July 6th Raw will be taped
Tuesday, June 30; The July 3rd and July 10th SmackDown will be taped
Wednesday, July 1; That night's NXT and the July 8th NXT will be taped

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kassius Ohno got released as well

I wonder where Chris Hero will pop up next. I’m sure he has some sort of relationship with the young bucks but I could see him going back to ROH. They could really use a veteran singles competitor like him

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Correction on the earlier post: Maria had given birth 2 months earlier, so they fired a couple with a newborn infant which is clearly much better.

Reactions: CDJ

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I don’t mind Shawn spears but I’m not a big Ryder guy. His ability to get over pretty much exclusively by himself is impressive though. Not the guy AEW should burn their budget on. That would be big daddy ru ru and ryback. They’re getting older/dealt with injuries and are pretty good friends so maybe put them together as a couple meaty boys that throw people around
Bring back bad News Barrett.

Reactions: Kaner9 and CDJ

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Ohno to AEW would be good for them. Need some beef and that boys beefy. :thumbu:
Bad News barrett got so over as a cool Heel Vince decided he didn't like it and wiped the gimmick. WTF Vince? just because he did not get booed? he was obviously over, so go with the flow like you did with heel boss mcmahon.

AEW would give Barrett free reign to voice his personality

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Barrett has a decent personality and is a good talker. I found his in-ring work nothing great though. He has proved himself the past few years as a great authority figure and now a play by play guy with the NWA.

I'd also rather see Hero in the NWA too, or even NJPW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad