All-Purpose News Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hard to believe that Del Rio is potentially facing any trouble. He always keeps his nose so clean.

Reactions: Kaner9

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Somebody already proposed the idea that Becky swapped the MITB contract out with the belt and will cash in at Mania.

... That's way too clever for WWE to ever execute.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Rollins should do the right thing by staying home and letting the man provide in the future.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don’t think she will ever come back full time after having a kid.

Well there were rumors last week that she was going to be in a Marvel Studios film, by someone supposedly very reliable. Since those productions aren't starting very soon, having a baby now is actually very smart. Depending how that goes, I think she will come back.

Also, wild guess but it wouldn't be too surprising if she asks the other three Horsewomen to be godmothers for her kid.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't think we see her until next summer

I think she becomes a very part time performer, and we might see her next summer for a one off ppv appearance. But her days as any kind of active performer are probably over.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think she becomes a very part time performer, and we might see her next summer for a one off ppv appearance. But her days as any kind of active performer are probably over.

I would doubt that a lot, there's more she wants to do.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Drew Gulak no longer a WWE Superstar.

from yesterday's pwinsider.com:

Last night on Friday Night Smackdown, Drew Gulak vs. Daniel Bryan was one of the most entertaining in-ring performances in recent memory on WWE Television. Today, however, PWInsider.com has confirmed that Gulak has exited World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE quietly moved Gulak to the Alumni section of their website this afternoon but PWInsider.com has been told that Gulak was not released. We have confirmed with multiple sources today that Gulak's WWE contract expired after last night's Smackdown was taped. We are told the two sides had been discussing a new deal, but had not yet come to terms on the deal before Gulak's existing deal expired. This shockingly places Gulak on the open market just hours after one of his best WWE performances to date as he would have no 90-day non-compete as WWE would not be paying him going forward, which means he can appear and wrestle anywhere immediately.

If you think it's a head-scratcher WWE allowed that to happen, you wouldn't be alone, especially since Gulak has evolved into one of WWE's most solid, understated, versatile performers. Something of a modern day Bobby Heenan, Gulak has been something of a chameleon, morphing into whatever role WWE required of him. Whether cast as a serious in-ring performer, a comedic character taking great bumps a la Heenan, being the in-ring glue of Cruiserweight and tag team matches, commentating on WWE TV, working as a manager/second to Daniel Bryan or any other role he's been tasked with, Gulak has quietly excelled.

In many ways, Gulak has been a true jack of all trades for the company, the talent who works as connective tissue, morph into whatever is asked of him. He accentuated everything he was involved in, even when Gulak's role was to get over everyone else instead of himself. That is a hard job in any environment, but whether he was cast as a serious in-ring wrestler or as someone's comedic foil, Gulak nailed whatever role that he's been asked to portray. That creates a value that makes the fact WWE allowed his deal to lapse incredibly mind-boggling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shad Gaspard is missing. He was swimming with his kid in the ocean and a riptide took him out after instructing lifeguards to save his child first.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Will pray for a miracle for Shad. I'm not from a beach but I always thought the idea on a current like that is to just ride it? Swim across or just float and let it go because they only last so long? It's trying to fight it that causes the issue.

Am I wrong? I honestly do not know. I hate hearing this stuff.

Reactions: Kaner9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Will pray for a miracle for Shad. I'm not from a beach but I always thought the idea on a current like that is to just ride it? Swim across or just float and let it go because they only last so long? It's trying to fight it that causes the issue.

you're right in that it’s what you’re supposed to do, this just seems like a particular bad one with waves crashing down on them

But yes that is what you do during riptides if you ever find yourself in one. They can cause a lot of panic though so it’s easier said than done. It’s kinda like how some people freak out and get stung when a hornet flies near them when all you really have to do is stand perfectly still

Reactions: ColePens

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

You're right. You move parallel to the shore. Like CDJ said above, it's easy to panic in the situation and forget what to do

Reactions: ColePens

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Undertaker apparently somehow was signed to a 15 year contract last year. Definitely a guy who wants to go out on top.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stardom wrestler Hana Kimura has passed away reportedly via suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad