All-Purpose News Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was a big fan of wade barrett in general. A true bad ass.

I wish the WWE would’ve put Ohno and Cesaro together if they weren’t going to do anything serious with cesaro. That tag division in ring of honor circa like 2010-2012 was pretty loaded. Kings of Wrestling. Briscoes. Benjamin and Haas. All Night Express wasn’t bad. SCUM. American Wolves. Young Bucks I think were in the mix a bit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We’ll see coming out of the pandemic but I wouldn’t hold my breath on AEW and NJPW working together.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
There's no relationship but AEW has been letting guys work there. Besides Moxley and Jericho, I think Cabana and Archer were still doing stuff with Japan while signed with AEW, unless they were just finishing up dates.

I'm not sure what Jeff Cobb's situation is but he was doing NJPW, ROH and AEW stuff all at the same time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Cobb is still technically a free agent. He’s probably making a killing jumping back and forth....I really hope he ends up in AEW full time though.

New Japan lost out on a potential TV deal over here relatively recently iirc so it’s not out of the question a relationship forms there. If they can’t secure their own they may be willing to do a talent exchange to get some of their guys more mainstream exposure/TV time over here with the hopes of obtaining a TV deal in the future (honestly they should just look into selling US streaming rights to a streaming service)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think New Japan is Cobb's main priority but he doesn't want to sign deals that stop him from doing other things, which essentially amounts to him working on a per-appearance basis. Which I guess was smart for a guy like him if we were having this conversation in January.

Reactions: sabremike and CDJ

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Also, AEW's Twitter responded to a fan video of a little boy named Cash with, "Hi Cash", to which Wheeler responded:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More Revival news - they will now be known as The Revolt. :huh:

from today's pwinsider.com:

A number of readers have asked why the team is using the Revolt name, given Caleb Konley and Zane Riley have been using the name for five-plus years on the independents. There have absolutely been some in the North Carolina wrestling scene upset about the usage of the name since Konley and Riley have invested in using and merchandising the Revolt name for some time and since The Revival are from the Carolinas, it's being taken as a personal affront that "one of their own" did this to working independent talents. It's entirely possible the Revival weren't aware of the Revolt name. They've been in the WWE travel grind for a long time and that usually means that outside of WWE, most talents aren't away of what else is going on. Given they seem to be focusing on the initials FTR, it could be the former Revival are simply going to focus on using the initials but not the Revolt name, which would be a simple way for everyone to monetize the name without infringement. Honestly, if they want to instill goodwill, they should just shift to another, different name, but in all likelihood, I don't see that happening. This should be a lesson for talents on the independent scene - if you have a good name or idea, invest in protecting it or you could find yourself in a much more expensive predicament down the line trying to protect the intellectual property you developed. Riley and Konley are now in a pretty crappy position.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Idk about Rechsteiner, but their first 10 picks were the best and they are SB contenders.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
AEW taking shots at WWE is so annoying. I just like AEW for AEW sake. I do not like the constant need to feel WCW like with their shots.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I totally believe it for several business reasons. Six months from now it will be owned by Disney and/or Fox.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Vince isn't getting any younger, and he felt like a demented old man during the HHH 25th thing on Smackdown. He and his family are getting sued by the share holders, XFL had a massive collapse. On top of that the ratings are way down, and maybe he feels like he's lost the fanbase, doesn't trust his kids or HHH to run the company and maybe its time to cash out.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
The content library is worth a lot

companies realize this. People are now streaming the shows they want to see when they want it

smart to sell and move on

WWE will be done

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
WWE seems to be moving ahead with Velveteen Dream as planned for now. He's been accused of sending dick pictures to minors but not much seems to be confirmed other than that the picture is legit.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The content library is worth a lot

The WWe basically has remained profitable in the past 20 years based on Merchandise(including the library they built up) and TV deals. They as a whole have killed the house show market slowly over the past 30+ years

Personally I think the WWe should get completely out of House shows and only run TV tapings and PPVs, and let the idependent contractor clause of the contracts to allow it's wrestlers to do independent house shows on the side

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Alvarez was quick to point out... WWE is writing Roman Reigns out of history for choosing to protect himself and his family.

The last guy they did that to killed himself and his family. :help:

Reactions: CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
AEW was fined ten thousand dollars by the Maryland State Athletic Commission for the Omega - Moxley match at Full Gear. Sounds like a story from the 80s.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roman has said that the reason he's took off from TV is because his wife gave birth to twins. Rumored to may be why he wasn't on the Elimination Chamber PPV and set up the match with Goldberg they way they did.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad