Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm absolutely astounded 4% think Hideki Matsuyama is the best putter on the PGA Tour.

He hasn't been better than 86th SG putting, which is awful.

What are these 4% watching?

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
100% think Olympics should be like the NCAAs with 3 stroke play rounds followed by an 8 country bracket.

Laughed at those that shot down the revenue sharing for their own caddies.

Rookies being slow may have something to do with it's likely the first time they've played competitive rounds at these courses.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Funny how two of the four slowest, Spieth and Day, are probably the two best course managers in the sport. Amazing how if you take your time, you'll gain shots on the field.

They should've added a worst green reader category for Dogge. His boy would've led at least one category. :sarcasm:

I do remember what you are thinking of with Na. He had the lead at the Players, and was unable to take the club back. It was almost comical.

This is why Tiger should entertain a career change and become Rors' caddy. Can you imagine that combination? Though, obviously, carrying the bag may present a problem or two for Tiger's back.

Na is a guy I have a lot of respect for. He had actually struggled with taking the club back for a while at that point and went through numerous coaching and game changes to try and fix the issue. In a game like golf which is already mentally taxing enough, I'm not sure how the rest of his game was able to hold up and be as consistent as it was, for the most part. The heckling and abuse he got from fans at that Players was absolutely disgusting however. Haven't kept tabs on him lately though so I don't know if that demon is completely vanquished.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You understand. Losing to a nobody, not playing well. :(

I have no clue though. This Tanihara guy has actually played okay. How did Rory play?

I just don't trust Rors in match play events. He's even more bipolar than usual but he actually played decently today. Didn't really make any egregious mistakes; Kjeldsen played steady unspectacular golf and was slightly better though.

Pretty much the same thing that's happened in this Spieth match with Tanihara actually though I expected Spieth to rack up a few more birds than only one.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don't trust Rors in match play events. He's even more bipolar than usual but he actually played decently today. Didn't really make any egregious mistakes; Kjeldsen played steady unspectacular golf and was slightly better though.

Pretty much the same thing that's happened in this Spieth match with Tanihara actually though I expected Spieth to rack up a few more birds than only one.

I really don't like matchplay events, especially two weeks before a major.

For the top players, they are all in Augusta preparation mode. Winning this event is nice, but they are more concerned with preparing for the Masters. How can you properly prepare for Augusta playing a different format?

They should make the China event in November matchplay, and this event stroke play.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I just saw this. I haven't seen/read much yet but a friend on Twitter told me he said she was diagnosed with 12 months to live? Please tell me that's not true.

My thoughts and prayers for him and his family. Can't imagine what they're going through. Hopefully she can beat it and he takes all the time needed to be around his loved ones; that is way more important than any golf tournament will ever be.

And **** cancer. I can't wait until this disgusting disease is cured.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just saw this. I haven't seen/read much yet but a friend on Twitter told me he said she was diagnosed with 12 months to live? Please tell me that's not true.

My thoughts and prayers for him and his family. Can't imagine what they're going through. Hopefully she can beat it and he takes all the time needed to be around his loved ones; that is way more important than any golf tournament will ever be.

And **** cancer. I can't wait until this disgusting disease is cured.

Yeah, I agree, very sad. Golf isn't important, when something like that happens.

Doctors in Australia said she had 12 months to live, but Steve Sands on Golf Channel reported during the telecast that they moved her to the USA, presumably to the area he lives in Columbus Ohio, near OSU Medical Center, where I speculate she is being treated. She has surgery on Friday, and the doctors there will wait until after thats over to see if they have a different diagnosis, but they are hopeful that they do.

Don't quote me on any of that though, I was very sad listening to it, so I might've got a detail or two wrong.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I agree, very sad. Golf isn't important, when something like that happens.

Doctors in Australia said she had 12 months to live, but Steve Sands on Golf Channel reported during the telecast that they moved her to the USA, presumably to the area he lives in Columbus Ohio, near OSU Medical Center, where I speculate she is being treated. She has surgery on Friday, and the doctors there will wait until after thats over to see if they have a different diagnosis, but they are hopeful that they do.

Don't quote me on any of that though, I was very sad listening to it, so I might've got a detail or two wrong.

Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

Hoping her surgery is successful and it results in a more positive prognosis. Testament to him that he was able to even tee it up at all this year with that constantly in the back of his mind; it's certainly something I couldn't imagine being able to do.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
100% think Olympics should be like the NCAAs with 3 stroke play rounds followed by an 8 country bracket.

Laughed at those that shot down the revenue sharing for their own caddies.

Rookies being slow may have something to do with it's likely the first time they've played competitive rounds at these courses.

I wonder if they're caddies know what they think.

My fav of course was:
"I was fined $200 for peeing on the golf course once. I mean, what could I do? There weren't enough port-o-johns!"

As a female I'm jealous.

Poor Day. He's def had some good days in his life but boy some of his down days sure are deep.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Thought Rory and Jordan were out but I forgot they changed the format.

Can see why they did it but I don't like it. Works out thought cause its good to see those guys still in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad