Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
So we can stop pretending Secret Tour Pro is anything other than some kid hiding in his basement lying on the internet now.

http://golfunfiltered.com/episode-102-who-is-twitters-secret-tour-pro-part-ii-2017-03-19

I never followed STP cause I always figured it was a joke. I didn't know that people thought it was a real player until some golf media/sites started to use them as a real source, but by then they had some inconsistencies? I don't know how to explain, it was just odd the way they talked about some, like they didn't know them even though they should have. I also saw that one person accuse him of jacking his pictures recently. Listening to this was pretty interesting cause I didn't know about the STP website, but seems like there should have been some red flags when they couldn't pay the writers no?

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I never followed STP cause I always figured it was a joke. I didn't know that people thought it was a real player until some golf media/sites started to use them as a real source, but by then they had some inconsistencies? I don't know how to explain, it was just odd the way they talked about some, like they didn't know them even though they should have. I also saw that one person accuse him of jacking his pictures recently. Listening to this was pretty interesting cause I didn't know about the STP website, but seems like there should have been some red flags when they couldn't pay the writers no?

I've always been surprised that an anonymous source, for all intents and purposes, who has been wrong way more often than he's been right was given so much credibility as well.

I'd heard the odd person mention that he was stealing content and posting it as his own and had set things up only to mysteriously stop answering calls/texts and not come through for people but never really paid much attention to it. You're right though, after hearing all the chatter and anecdotes about people who have been led to believe certain things he promised and the convoluted excuses/stories he's made up when he reneges... the red flags have been numerous. A lot of people still seem gullible enough to believe he's legit though... :dunno:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
No, because those people have not shown proof. Show some proof, and then then can be believed.

Where's their explanation for why that guy gets a lot of information right before other people?

That's a two way street, bud. He has given no concrete proof he is who he claims to be. He tends to throw a lot of stuff against the wall in the hope it will stick and while he's been right the odd time, he misses much more frequently than he hits. It certainly wouldn't be the first time in the social media age a megalomaniac has crafted a persona on the internet to fool people and get attention.

Here's an example of what Kayla was referencing with the pics he stole and passed off as his own; if he was legitimate, what would the need to do this be?

VmArayN.jpg

wLATDx3.jpg

F7ilLc8.jpg

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I had no idea he had so many until I was looking for the one I recalled. He jacked pics from the Euro Tour official account:

doha-orig.jpg

doha-stp.jpg

I got these pics from https://thegolfnewsnet.com/ryan_ballengee/2016/02/23/secrettourpro-dangers-uncertain-anonymity-16328/ where they have some other examples as well (scroll down, the first part which he admits is just ethics is about how if he was a pro, being found out could put him in hotter water than not being a pro at all).

If he was just a parody account then so be it, but jacking pictures and setting up websites seems a bit weird?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They rigged that draw for Jordan. Two Japanese Tour players in his group, and then Ryan Moore who sucks. :laugh:

Edit: Looking at the pools, I really think he got the worst player from B, C and D. Thats hilarious.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Koepka has been awful lately, Dufner is a crapshoot, Kisner is average.

Would feel a lot better about Patty's chances in this group if he wasn't playing like garbage recently. But still no excuse to not get through that group.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I had no idea he had so many until I was looking for the one I recalled. He jacked pics from the Euro Tour official account:

doha-orig.jpg

doha-stp.jpg

I got these pics from https://thegolfnewsnet.com/ryan_ballengee/2016/02/23/secrettourpro-dangers-uncertain-anonymity-16328/ where they have some other examples as well (scroll down, the first part which he admits is just ethics is about how if he was a pro, being found out could put him in hotter water than not being a pro at all).

If he was just a parody account then so be it, but jacking pictures and setting up websites seems a bit weird?

I had no clue there were so many either. He sure isn't lacking in audacity, that's for sure :laugh:

Not sure why he'd use photos from accounts like the official Euro tour account when even incidentally, somebody could figure out he just slightly altered them. The guy on the Golf Unfiltered podcast who used to write for his site also mentioned that he was outed by some in the aviation industry after he pretended to be a pilot and then he proceeded to create another account to serve as an alibi to try and back himself up. The guess that he's probably some low level person on the European Tour or somebody with access to second hand info that he tries to pass off of as his own is probably bang on and obviously the hubris has gotten out of control as the social media follower count has climbed.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Day, Leishman, Westwood, Perez

Damn, thats tough.

Willett, Knox, Haas, KT Kim

All four suck.

Casey, Schwartzel, An, Luiten

Boring

Status