Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yuta Ikeda is ****ing everything up.

Make some putts, man.

Jordan is -6 under today, playing excellent golf, but he's gonna go out if Ikeda can't win some holes against Tanihara.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think this tournament would be better off played in a straight 64-bracket. Too many matches that lacks importance and even withdrawals affecting other players. I like matchplay myself, but not round robins, it should be played like a tennis tournament.

The bracket is also a joke now since the groups determined it and there were a million upsets. The two highest seeded players left are slated to meet in the quarterfinal. Seedings are fickle in golf obviously but if you're gonna do it at least do it properly. Should've been a re-seed after the groupstage in this case.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I always preferred the full bracket rather than the groupings they have now as well. Players always said that they didn't like how they could be out of the tournament after one day if they lose in the first round. I see how that would be annoying, but that's sort of the entire point of match-play. Play well or see you next week.

Jan 3, 2012
Rahm v DJ indeed.

Every match looking like a massacre right now.

3UP, 3UP,4UP,2UP

all still on the front 9

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does Rahm remind anyone else of DJ with maybe a little better course management?

Don't get me wrong, the current DJ is very good, but he's taken like 10 years of just being only a bomber to round off his game. Rahm seems to be a bomber who kind of has a rounded off game already, and might not be waiting until age 31 to win a major.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Can't believe Dustin walked away with that hole. Noren didn't come to play to start the match and was gifted back in.

Jan 3, 2012
Does Rahm remind anyone else of DJ with maybe a little better course management?

Don't get me wrong, the current DJ is very good, but he's taken like 10 years of just being only a bomber to round off his game. Rahm seems to be a bomber who kind of has a rounded off game already, and might not be waiting until age 31 to win a major.

I think Rahm could cement himself in the Spieth/Rory tier and/or achieve OWGR #1 this year. His potential is limitless.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I know we'd all love to see Bryson slip on the Green Jacket in two weeks, he's gotta come through tommorow so that he qualifies to actually get in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad