Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Shwan

Jan 30, 2019
Orange Country Adjacent
Let’s give Craig a break. He’s been trying to feed his family with Coyote content for the last several years. He had good contacts in the organization. It was always in his best interests to promote the team. For a lot of people he was the only place to get decent Coyotes content.

Yeah, go ask Sarah McLellan about all that. Notice how she's been awfully quiet about all this? I have.

Craig Morgan is like a solid 25% why this is happening. There's a point where your duty as a journalist, even as a C tier beat journalist covering a hockey team, should compel you to tell your audience the truth.

Like I said, if Craig and Petey let loose tonight, it's going to be LIT with some wild stuff.....but just remember listen to the dates. "In 2020", "during the bubble", "the election" these are all stories they have been sitting on for months and years and if they were revealed when they happened it* *could* have changed the outcome of the team.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Considering the name of this site and what drew me here many years ago as a young Coyotes fan, ironic like many have said that now that we have our deepest prospect pool and brightest future, it is time to relocate. Been fun with this community, certainly made being a Coyotes fan better. Thanks for all the great banter fellas.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Salt Lake City will be a disaster. The league will find this out the hard way.

Condolences friends, long live the Coyotes
I think SLC will be a success albeit I'd prefer it was an expansion and not taking the team from my current market. Real Salt Lake is the only genuine professional competition and it's an affluent town.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think SLC will be a success albeit I'd prefer it was an expansion and not taking the team from my current market. Real Salt Lake is the only genuine professional competition and it's an affluent town.

They'll have to compete with the NBA. Same owner but market isn't very big and the leagues overlap. Over time one of them will start having attendance issues.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah if the NBA's worked in SLC I don't think hockey's going to be a problem...

Reactions: PainForShane

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
If we do end up moving to Salt Lake (looks likely but this is the Yotes, wouldn't be surprised if the deal doesn't go through), I hope the team draws well and does well. Good young roster, great GM and coach (assuming both stay), relocation bump in attendance etc. The talking heads are saying we're likely to be a player in the summer in free agency, maybe we'll be able to fix our center depth problem and pick up a top-4 D.

I'll still be cheering for the guys. Won't be going to as many games (obviously) but I do sincerely hope they do well even if they move

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yeah, go ask Sarah McLellan about all that. Notice how she's been awfully quiet about all this? I have.

Craig Morgan is like a solid 25% why this is happening. There's a point where your duty as a journalist, even as a C tier beat journalist covering a hockey team, should compel you to tell your audience the truth.

Like I said, if Craig and Petey let loose tonight, it's going to be LIT with some wild stuff.....but just remember listen to the dates. "In 2020", "during the bubble", "the election" these are all stories they have been sitting on for months and years and if they were revealed when they happened it* *could* have changed the outcome of the team.
I find it very difficult to disagree with this sentiment. While also being grateful to Craig for what he’s provided and realizing you can’t always shit where you eat, I can’t help but feeling like there’s some truth in what you’re saying. Maybe some of things he knew weren’t relevant and so what was the point of airing them? But on some things regarding ethics and organizational integrity maybe he should have held their feet to the fire a bit and demanded more of them so that we would as well. Maybe it would have made a difference if the fans were aware of certain things earlier and could have spoken up. Especially when he went independent and the fans were literally paying his salary supporting his content…you owe them as much transparency as possible.

Reactions: Shwan

Shwan

Jan 30, 2019
Orange Country Adjacent
Maybe some of things he knew weren’t relevant and so what was the point of airing them? But on some things regarding ethics and organizational integrity maybe he should have held their feet to the fire a bit and demanded more of them so that we would as well.

Exactly. I'm not unreasonable and I know these guys have some spicy stuff on Leblanc and Ice Arizona but as you say it's stuff that doesn't do anything so I don't particularly care if it ever comes out.

But there's absolutely a difference between spicy stuff and things that would make the most hardened general counsel* blush, and Craig is sitting on a lot of that kind of stuff regarding Meruelo.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I completely forgot about the Jazz. Still think they'll do well.
Watching Utah news earlier, they mentioned that the Jazz currently have 292 consecutive sellouts. This includes the the fact that the Jazz have lost their last 11 games. So, I think the NHL team will do just fine in their new digs.

EDIT: Just watched their news again, it's a 13 game losing streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Watching Utah news earlier, they mentioned that the Jazz currently have 292 consecutive sellouts. This includes the the fact that the Jazz have lost their last 11 games. So, I think the NHL team will do just fine in their new digs.
Should be easy to sell out 11k seats for the first couple of years. Even Glendale was able to do that.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I feel awful for all of the non-hockey ops staff of the Coyotes. Brutal way to learn you're going to be out of a job in like five days
Supposedly they are keeping their jobs , which makes me think the Roadrunners move up to ASU

We all know it’s happening
and will not have a jersey to put on .. as it likely wont be ready by June

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Supposedly they are keeping their jobs , which makes me think the Roadrunners move up to ASU
I hope so. That would help a lot.
and will not have a jersey to put on .. as it likely wont be ready by June
Dan Focht and Danny Briere wore just the logo on black jerseys at the 1996 draft. I remember watching it and thinking that big nasty defenseman would be great but the little French guy I wasn’t so sure about. My ability as a scout has not improved.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
If you're trying to get tickets to the last game BUY THEM NOW because they're going like crazy. I got mine but it took like 5 different tickets because as I was completing purchase someone else scooped them up. Prices have tripled since this morning.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If you're trying to get tickets to the last game BUY THEM NOW because they're going like crazy. I got mine but it took like 5 different tickets because as I was completing purchase someone else scooped them up. Prices have tripled since this morning.
I’ll be coaching squirts. But if anyone wants to meet at AZIce Gilbert to watch the last game, I’ll stay and watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad