All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Aussie player dragged down in the box. Almost certainly a penalty

Australia converts. 1-0.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not too concerned about Australia after this one. I predicted Canada to win the group and I think they will end up getting it done.

Reactions: Tuggy

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Feels stagnant right now. Need a spark in midfield to open this Nigeria side up.

Team misses Flemming and Beckie. Really have no one in the final third that can do anything remotely positive with the ball. A 40 year old Sinclair has expectedly looked tired since the 20th minute. You are essentially playing 1 person down.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Seems like Canada is pushing the play to me. Soccer is soccer, it’s hard to score, but something will have to go quite wrong for them to not get out with a draw. Which is not a great result but neither a disaster either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Seems like Canada is pushing the play to me. Soccer is soccer, it’s hard to score, but something will have to go quite wrong for them to not get out with a draw. Which is not a great result but neither a disaster either.
They are controlling the tempo and have the possession to show for. But the question with this team since the olympics has always been: who is going to score the goals?

Can't keep bombing down the wings and spraying crosses in. Need a creative spark.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
They are controlling the tempo and have the possession to show for. But the question with this team since the olympics has always been: who is going to score the goals?

Can't keep bombing down the wings and spraying crosses in. Need a creative spark.
I can’t pretend to know better, a casual fan tuning in for the big show. All I have is the eye test lol

Spectacular save on an offside play there tho

Reactions: robertmac43

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Just 0-0 draw your way out of the group stage and hope Nigeria and Ireland finish with 2 pts?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
They could play 30 min of ET and I could confidently assume there wouldn't be any goals. Terrible quality of football.

New Zealand vs Norway was miles better.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Missed opportunity with that match.

Surprised they didn't use Sinclair as a super sub instead of having her start.

Canada was more dangerous when she was subbed off.

Reactions: canucksfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad