All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Missed opportunity with that match.

Surprised they didn't use Sinclair as a super sub.

Canada was more dangerous when she was subbed off.

Sinclair can no longer run or be useful in attacks. She's a stationary midfielder that you hope is in the right place to recieve a ball.

She's a legend in Canadian football but she is also 40. I love that she's around but 70 min was a huge ask for her. Better off being a sub in the final 15-20 min and planting her in the box for set piece.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
If Canada fails to advance beyond the group stage, then I'm basically done with cheering for the WNT.

In the interest of being fair, I'll hold the MNT to same standard for 2026.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Canada fails to advance beyond the group stage, then I'm basically done with cheering for the WNT.

In the interest of being fair, I'll hold the MNT to same standard for 2026.

Forever?

That seems a bit heavy-handed, no? They did win Olympic gold not that long ago.

7329889_fbimg15301205184086804_jpeg79d83ba4808c10c81a10b1684234a04a

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Unimpressive showing from Canada last night, pretty much the problems everyone expected. One of their best players being on the bench doesn't help either.

Reactions: Tuggy

member 305909

Is the draw made so that teams from the same group can't meet in the final? They would meet in the semi-final if both advance that far?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Watching Canada/Nigeria right now, and the quality is just woeful.
The Canada Womens National Team played only 1 game between February 23 to right before the WC against England which was an unusual closed door game with rolling subs. That with injuries to Flemming and Beckie, along with other players returning from serious injuries and you get a combo of rust and lacking any creativity up the middle. It made for dreadful football. Nigeria had an easy time defending and was content with it too.

The CSA just isn't investing much into this product. They are broke and unable to fund friendlies and the end result is the players constantly looking out of game shape.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
F1mWTj5akAAtrFg

Starting 11 for the US. Ertz back at CB, Demelo making her first start is definitely a choice, but I guess if you're going to make changes do it in the first game against Vietnam. Losing Sauerbrun means they lose leadership and experience in the backline, so I can see the reasoning behind putting Ertz back there.

I'm extremely high on Demelo so I have no issues with her getting a look.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Canada Womens National Team played only 1 game between February 23 to right before the WC against England which was an unusual closed door game with rolling subs. That with injuries to Flemming and Beckie, along with other players returning from serious injuries and you get a combo of rust and lacking any creativity up the middle. It made for dreadful football. Nigeria had an easy time defending and was content with it too.

The CSA just isn't investing much into this product. They are broke and unable to fund friendlies and the end result is the players constantly looking out of game shape.
Coasta Rica looked just as bad... not a good look for their tournament, imo.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
US think the ball weighs about 5 times what it does.. Very heavy in the touching

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
US think the ball weighs about 5 times what it does.. Very heavy in the touching
Look very rusty like Canada and Costa Rica did. Vietnam are a vastly inferior side and they should be toying with them.

LOL that's an obvious pen and the ref was looking. Don't be afraid to make the calls.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad