All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Sauerbrunn missing the World Cup, huge blow for the US leadership. Girma has been great for the national team, but after that it drops off. Cook has been okay, Davidson is coming off an ACL injury and hasn't played national team games in a while. Then you probably have to go with Sonnet who I've never been a fan of, but seems well liked in the locker room.

I'm super happy that Demelo is making the roster, she's been incredible for Louisville this season and last season. I doubt she'll get any playing time, but when you're playing as well as that I think its good to reward them for their work.

Reactions: GabeTravels

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I think United already bid her farewell, she was bound to be joining Barcelona sooner or later. But Russo leaving, I think is another outtcome of the club sale dragging on. I think Sir Jim commented that he would make sure United's women's would stay competitive, not sure if the Qataris commented on the women's team.

Don't remember seeing anything from United about Batlle. Looks like she'll leave though.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

1688837184530.png

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If Megan Rapinoe was keeping you from watching the women’s team, you should probably go to therapy
More just a general disinterest in soccer, though I’m a big fan of international competition so I watch the men’s soccer team in the World Cup (along with as many men’s and women’s Olympic competitions in every sport as I can), but Megan (and the team as a whole really) are just so unlikable I could never bring myself to watch them

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
More just a general disinterest in soccer, though I’m a big fan of international competition so I watch the men’s soccer team in the World Cup (along with as many men’s and women’s Olympic competitions in every sport as I can), but Megan (and the team as a whole really) are just so unlikable I could never bring myself to watch them
Like I said. Therapy to figure out why you dislike women who stick up for themselves could be useful. Especially if you came to a subforum regarding a sport you’re generally disinterested in just to post about how you dislike someone.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why are they unlikable?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Enlighten us
An in depth criticism would delve into topics outside of the site rules so I will sum it up by saying if your own teammates are calling you an asshole for your tactics, you’re probably an asshole. Her complete lack of understanding of how the world works while simultaneously trying to lecture everyone else is also pretty annoying

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
An in depth criticism would delve into topics outside of the site rules so I will sum it up by saying if your own teammates are calling you an asshole for your tactics, you’re probably an asshole. Her complete lack of understanding of how the world works while simultaneously trying to lecture everyone else is also pretty annoying
She sounds like Mike Babcock

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Teammates were literally crying when she announced her retirement and described her as the heart and soul of the team but hey don’t let those facts get in the way of your feelings

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'll never forget her celebrating against Thailand... ever... Never witnessed anything like that before or after in any sport. Anything similar would have resulted in a pitch thrown at a batters head, a punch in the mouth in hockey or a high tackle in soccer. Don't know much about her nor do I care to know much about her but that was some of the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad