All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

One is not a penalty and one is a penalty according to VAR (whistled not a pen on the pitch, VAR calling for a mistake).
Take your guess.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1680540093893.png

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
30 unbeaten for England. Absolutely wild stuff to see.

Unbeaten run comes to an end after deservedly losing 2-0 to Australia. England were well off the pace.

If there was VAR then the first goal might have been disallowed for offside. Cooney-Cross looked good in midfield for Australia.

Australia's two forwards, Kerr and Fowler marked Keira Walsh out of the game meaning England struggled to play out from the back leading to Australian counters.

Reactions: robertmac43

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Leah Williamson ruptured her ACL during Arsenal's 1-0 loss against United. Russo scored the winner.

She will miss the WC along with Beth Mead. Both starters for England.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Leah Williamson ruptured her ACL during Arsenal's 1-0 loss against United. Russo scored the winner.

Canada is also in a terrible spot from an injury perspective. Quinn went down this week becoming the latest key injury for us.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Third massive ACL injury for Arsenal this season, joining Mead and Miedema. And yet Arsenal went to Wolfsburg and managed a come-from-behind draw. Win at home and they're into the final, probably against Barcelona, who knocked off Chelsea 0-1 in London.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Third massive ACL injury for Arsenal this season, joining Mead and Miedema. And yet Arsenal went to Wolfsburg and managed a come-from-behind draw. Win at home and they're into the final, probably against Barcelona, who knocked off Chelsea 0-1 in London.
Barcelona did win the tie, albeit only drawing at home. Arsenal is currently down 2-1 and the lack of depth due to injuries is starting to show.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal equalized, but was out of senior players, while Wolfsburg had four German internationals on the bench. Tired legs led to a go ahead goal at the end of extra time for Wolfsburg, who will go on to play Barcelona in Eindhoven in the final.

A shame that this team has been devastated by injuries this season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Macario is coming in though
Yep, and also rumours about Ashley Lawrence (which would add to the Canadian contingent of Buchanan and Fleming).

Fran Kirby, another starter, is also out.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Getting my New Zealand travel sorted. Due to the time and distance I probably can only hit one US game sadly. I couldn't get tickets to the middle group stage match against the Dutch, and 1/3 are too many days apart to hit both.

Also have tickets for the Philippines/New Zealand match in Wellington. I lived in the Philippines for almost a year and my ex wife is Filipina, so I'm very fond of the country.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United announced Russo is leaving at the end of her contract. Sounds like United left it too late in making a decent offer. Batlle rumoured to be leaving too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United announced Russo is leaving at the end of her contract. Sounds like United left it too late in making a decent offer. Batlle rumoured to be leaving too.
I think United already bid her farewell, she was bound to be joining Barcelona sooner or later. But Russo leaving, I think is another outtcome of the club sale dragging on. I think Sir Jim commented that he would make sure United's women's would stay competitive, not sure if the Qataris commented on the women's team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad