AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Chris Jericho signs 3-year extension.

AEW Press Release

CHRIS JERICHO SIGNS EXTENSION WITH AEW THROUGH 2025, INCREASING ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

October 18, 2022 –Tony Khan announced that Chris Jericho, the Ring of Honor World Champion and leader of the Jericho Appreciation Society, has signed a contract extension through December 2025, keeping sports entertainment alive and well in AEW for the foreseeable future. Jericho will also increase his responsibilities within AEW, serving as a producer and creative advisor in addition to continuing as a mentor to young talent.

Jericho, in his eighth world championship reign, continues to reinvent himself and evolve as his illustrious career enters its 32nd year. This year has been a career year for Jericho, who, on top of capturing the Ring of Honor World Championship recently at “AEW: Dynamite Grand Slam,” has undergone an incredible physical transformation over the past few months and is in peak wrestling form.

Tonight, Jericho defends the ROH World Championship against Dalton Castle on a special Tuesday edition of “AEW: Dynamite,” in Cincinnati, live on TBS at 8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT. Castle, who currently holds the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship alongside The Boys, was the 28th ROH World Champion, holding the championship across much of 2017 and 2018.

“Chris Jericho long ago cemented his legacy as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, and we’re fortunate to have his skills, charisma, knowledge and insights in AEW for years to come,” said Tony Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW. “Chris has discovered a fountain of youth this year, and he’s having some of the very best matches of his legendary career against some of the top names in wrestling. In expanding his responsibilities, he’ll continue to serve as a valuable leader with our roster having the opportunity to utilize one of most creative minds in the history of wrestling.”

“I’ve been with AEW since literally day one, and in the midst of enjoying what is being called a career year for me in 2022 – after 32 years in the pro wrestling business – I am excited and proud to announce the extension of my relationship with AEW and the Khan family,” said Chris Jericho. “Working closely with Tony Khan every day is a rewarding and stimulating experience from both a creative and a professional standpoint, which has reignited my love for pro wrestling. I don’t think I would still be wrestling at this level or be as passionate about the business if AEW didn’t exist.

“As a result, I feel a great responsibility to keep AEW the best it can be both inside and out of the ring. Over the next three years, I’m looking forward to not only continuing my work in the ring, but to also focus on my ever-increasing responsibilities outside the ring, including producing, advising and assisting Tony with creative ideas, and providing leadership, encouragement and guidance for our fantastic roster. AEW is a great team – a team that I’m proud to say I’ll be a part of for a very long time.”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That might be because pretty much everything else was terrible sing and dance bullshit or mimosa matches
I thought he was solid as champ at the beginning of the promotion and then plummeted for awhile. Held MJF back for awhile.

Love what he’s doing now though

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Eh, if you listen to Regal's podcast you already heard his half of it last week, and the bidding war schtick of 2024 is getting old

And where are they going with it? Is MJF turning face by not hitting Regal from behind? Why would a face keep saying he's gonna leave for more money in a few years like MJF continues to say time and again?

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
He is really hurt.

If you have to have a match called off because you're dinged up...TRUST me, you're hurt. But you could clearly see the cameras were trying to avoid showing the scene; the announce team was shaken(Taz most notably; if you know his history, you'd understand why). From what I've been seeing, Page might well have landed on his neck due to over-rotating coming out of the corner right as Moxley hit a lariat on him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
These guys do a lot of crazy shit but it seems like the simple moves produce more injuries.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Mox probably hit him higher in the face than he would like however it was Hangman trying to do the fancy flip to sell the move that may be more the true cause of the accident. He may have given a thumbs up leaving, which is great to some degree, but he could still have a neck/head injury if he can move his arms and/or give a thumbs up. Hopefully he was briefly knocked out and fully recovers from the concussion but whatever the problem may be here's hoping for a full recovery.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I thought he was solid as champ at the beginning of the promotion and then plummeted for awhile. Held MJF back for awhile.

Love what he’s doing now though
I enjoyed when MJF was part of the inner circle and then eventually starting the pinnacle.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Unrelated to Dynamite, but what was the deal with that Athena squash on dark?

Felt like she was working needlessly stiff. Not the jobbers fault you aren't on TV

Yep, looks like she was legit pissed off. That forearm on the ground was brutal, the toss out of the ring was brutal, and the drop kick was crazy stiff.

Reactions: CDJ

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Yep, looks like she was legit pissed off. That forearm on the ground was brutal, the toss out of the ring was brutal, and the drop kick was crazy stiff.

I've read the person she was working with likes to work super stiff, but man it's just a match on YouTube. No need to put your body that badly on the line

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hoping it’s just a concussion for Hangman. Looked like he was supposed to do that flip with the clothesline but it was a little high and caught him in the face.

It looks like he might have been out on impact, if he wasn’t, he definitely got knocked out when he hit the ground. He lands pretty hard.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
MJF is the best and most over professional wrestler of the 2020’s and I will buy my first PPV to watch him get what he deserves. And I hope he does it in a shitty way too. 2 great promos tonight, pullin double duty

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Held MJF back? He helped give MJF credibility and probably didn’t have to.

Regal was tremendous there. Finally getting what we should.
MJF was already one of the hottest things in the company and had credibility. His first feud was with Cody. It didn’t help that Jericho was wildly out of shape at that time and that the program went way too long. It’s ok though, there was no holding him back for long. He’s been on a rocketship to the top of the industry since the Punk feud. And Jericho is the best he’s been in 2 years

Like, you realize Jericho gave him a swirlie right? Real credibility right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad