AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If he is willing to go around and punch people so he can leave, just release him at that point.

How does it help the company to force people who don't want to be there to stay?

You have to hold people responsible and not reward bad behavior. AEW signed him to a multi year deal likely worth a good bit of money when wwe tossed him out with the trash. I'd give him a 90 day or 6 month unpaid vacation.

Of course, you can release him too as he isn't a difference maker that is going to put the competition over the top, but it sets the wrong precedent, that you just have a tantrum or act like a jackass and you can run off to wwe and break your contract

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You have to hold people responsible and not reward bad behavior. AEW signed him to a multi year deal likely worth a good bit of money when wwe tossed him out with the trash. I'd give him a 90 day or 6 month unpaid vacation.

Of course, you can release him too as he isn't a difference maker that is going to put the competition over the top, but it sets the wrong precedent, that you just have a tantrum or act like a jackass and you can run off to wwe and break your contract
Suspend without pay for 6 months THEN release

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Yeah, no need to act like Jeff Hardy. Just release him and let him go AEW. Oh wait...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'm a pretty big fan of Andrade and think he's world class in the ring but he's kind of going about this like a whiny bitch. I'd suspend him unpaid for 6 months then release him. I hope he goes back to WWE and they pair him up with Zelina again. He's not much of a character but they could use a worker like him. I thought his work with Mysterio/Garza/Carrillo was pretty good a couple years ago and loved his NXT run.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm a pretty big fan of Andrade and think he's world class in the ring but he's kind of going about this like a whiny bitch. I'd suspend him unpaid for 6 months then release him. I hope he goes back to WWE and they pair him up with Zelina again. He's not much of a character but they could use a worker like him. I thought his work with Mysterio/Garza/Carrillo was pretty good a couple years ago and loved his NXT run.
Agreed. He was awesome in NXT. I was excited when he came to AEW. he's got the look and he can go in the ring. He's been booked poorly, but you're absolutely right... the backstage stuff has been so lame.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Exactly.

He was nothing in WWE before, he is nothing in AEW now. Maybe the problem is that he is nothing.

Only time he was really over was NXT and that was mostly all Zelina. He is a great worker, that's for sure, but he is not an interesting character at all.
Andrade has always been a guy who could work, and that’s it. The guy couldn’t draw a stick man.

The ONLY CHANCE he had was with Zelina.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Battle of the Belts 4 will air Saturday night at 11 pm Eastern on TSN5. Only one match announced so far:
F*cking TSN - I just noticed that they aired the show tonight after listing it all week to air Saturday night. :ha: And just what is TSN5 airing in that Saturday timeslot - a replay of a freaking CFL game that aired live just 2 hours earlier on TSN and TSN3. A big heartfelt FU to TSN. :banghead:

Reactions: ManByng

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Anyone notice Cody Rhodes in the Rampage image they used to close BOTB? Good times. Dynamite is shaping up to be good.

You can't trust TSN in advance with anything. They routinely shuffle programming. Nothing wrong with setting it to record in advance however the day of or at least the day before you should double check that it's still airing on the same channel.

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
Did Tony need Lee/Strickland to be transitional champs for the Acclaimed or something?
The one good thing about this awful tag championship run was that they may have created a great heel in Strickland ! 🤔🤷‍♂️

Yeah, no need to act like Jeff Hardy. Just release him and let him go AEW. Oh wait...
Ya some of these ex-WWE guys like Jeff Hardy and Tony Nese among others didn't need to be signed !

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The one good thing about this awful tag championship run was that they may have created a great heel in Strickland ! 🤔🤷‍♂️

Ya some of these ex-WWE guys like Jeff hardy and Tony Nese among others didn't need to be signed !
Agree. Strickland doesn’t need tag titles, he’s worth a singles push as a heel for sure

Reactions: CDJ and ManByng

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I guess because this week's shows are originating from Toronto TSN has added this week's Rampage show to it's lineup. This morning on my TV guide it was scheduled to air on Thursday night but now it's moved back to Friday night. Of course based on how they handled the Battle of the Belts 4 show who really knows when ( or even if ) it will air on TSN. Anyway - right now the TSN schedule for this week's AEW shows looks like this:

AEW Dynamite: 8 pm Eastern Wednesday on TSN2 and repeated at 1 am Eastern Thursday on TSN2
AEW Rampage: 11 pm Eastern Friday on TSN2 and repeated at 4 pm Saturday on TSN5

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
That's one way to drop the title (and end GCW appearances?) while still looking strong

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
6BCADB04-A6B6-4DC7-AFDD-953FDF5FC8C1.jpeg

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
That's one way to drop the title (and end GCW appearances?) while still looking strong

Yep. That new 5 year contract Mox signed with AEW ties him to that company as well as its international partners(including NJPW); he's also expanding his responsibilities to mentoring and coaching talent. Fightful is reporting that GCW sources are claiming AEW didn't want Moxley to do that match with Nick Cage, but Mox insisted on finishing his run there; they also note that Mox has wrapped up his time with GCW for now.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kazarian won the X Division belt at Bound for Glory, it’s nice they’re letting him work elsewhere if they have nothing for him

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad