AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This:

@CDJ So MJF beat him three times in a row, on top of looking like a badass by throwing him off a cage, but since he lost by submission and got a swirlie (and what kind of match was that again) he was held back by Jericho. No, that’s wrong. No agree to disagree. It’s a false narrative (and I can imagine where you got it from) and you were hyperbolic about it to boot. Who had MJF had a successful program with prior to that? MJF is great, but if were to never lose he’d be really boring. On top of that there’s no reason for him to steamroll everyone else on his way to the top of AEW, especially considering his opponents/potential opponents and how young MJF is relative to those guys.
Nah agree to disagree. He exited the feud with a loss after being swirlied and was involved in uncompelling nonsense with somebody who wasn’t taking the business seriously at the time (as evidenced by him being wildly out of shape) for way too long. An out of shape AARP eligible man jammed his head in a toilet. Fact not opinion. Not a false narrative. Get over yourself.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nah agree to disagree. He exited the feud with a loss after being swirlied and was involved in uncompelling nonsense with somebody who wasn’t taking the business seriously at the time (as evidenced by him being wildly out of shape) for way too long. An out of shape AARP eligible man jammed his head in a toilet. Fact not opinion. Not a false narrative. Get over yourself.

LOL. Yeah, he exited the feud with a loss after beating an all-time great three times in a row and getting a ton of the spotlight in the process. Still,if MJF doesn’t win every match and every feud he must be being held back. And it is a false narrrative that he was held back. Only one here who needs to get over themselves is you and it’s really obvious.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
LOL. Yeah, he exited the feud with a loss after beating an all-time great three times in a row and getting a ton of the spotlight in the process. And it is a false narrrative that he was held back. Only one here who needs to get over themselves is you and it’s really obvious.
Buddy you ended up in my mentions telling me my opinion was wrong and then more or less said I wasn’t allowed to have an opinion

Can I be honest? f*** off. Good chat, buh bye now

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Buddy you ended up in my mentions telling me my opinion was wrong and then more or less said I wasn’t allowed to have an opinion

Can I be honest? f*** off

“Buddy”, you’ve done the exact same thing in reply. Get a grip.

LOL. You must really love MJF considering the whining act.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
“Buddy”, you’ve done the exact same thing in reply. Get a grip.

LOL. You must really love MJF considering the whining act.
You literally started the dialogue between us and wouldn’t agree to disagree, insisting that your opinion is the almighty view and my opinion is invalid

Again, f*** off.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You literally started the dialogue between us and wouldn’t agree to disagree, insisting that your opinion is the almighty view and my opinion is invalid

Again, f*** off. Wash the clown paint off before bedtime.

Yeah, and you did the same thing but stating the situation was otherwise.

LOL, whatever gets you through the night.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is you guys:

1666317544506.gif

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I agree that the Jericho program did not really elevate MJF, he was already a superstar by that point.

Some of it was entertaing, some of it was crap, but it did not elevate MJF. Do not get me wrong, it was a high profile feud and I did not mind that it happened, but it was not a star-making program, it was a program between two stars.

Reactions: CDJ

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I agree that the Jericho program did not really elevate MJF, he was already a superstar by that point.

Some of it was entertaing, some of it was crap, but it did not elevate MJF. Do not get me wrong, it was a high profile feud and I did not mind that it happened, but it was not a star-making program, it was a program between two stars.

There was just a bit too much ga-ga for my tastes, the swirlie, the dinner/dance routine, Jericho is an all time great, but sometimes he goes too far with the goofy stuff and hamming it up

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There was just a bit too much ga-ga for my tastes, the swirlie, the dinner/dance routine, Jericho is an all time great, but sometimes he goes too far with the goofy stuff and hamming it up
Don’t you get it though? MJF should be grateful that a man-tittied, out of shape old man jammed his head in the toilet. That’s what got him so over!! It doesn’t make him look like a weenie at all! Jericho makes another star!!!!

If people want to see what elevating a young talent looks like I suggest they watch the Punk feud. He did 1000x more for MJF’s brand than Jericho did. His comeback to pro wrestling was entirely worth it just for that feud alone

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
So AEW would have let Gunn on Raw if WWE mentioned AEW on Raw.
If true, that seems like a reasonable request. Gunn would be out there in DX garb so throw one sentence on the broadcast, even if it's from the announcers, that he is on loan from AEW. Being Brooklyn I wonder what the odds would be of an oh scissor me daddy chant. Obviously would have been a bigger coup for AEW to be mentioned on WWE programming than the advantage WWE may gain from having Gunn part of the reunion which may be why it never came to fruition.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
CM Punk working with Triple H would be wild. Crazier things have happened though.
They would be crazy to not catapult him directly to the top

I don’t see either party bending the knee though. Punk, in particular, is far too stubborn and petty

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Don’t you get it though? MJF should be grateful that a man-tittied, out of shape old man jammed his head in the toilet. That’s what got him so over!! It doesn’t make him look like a weenie at all! Jericho makes another star!!!!

If people want to see what elevating a young talent looks like I suggest they watch the Punk feud. He did 1000x more for MJF’s brand than Jericho did. His comeback to pro wrestling was entirely worth it just for that feud alone

Wow, you really like to change the narrative.

I do not think any program made MJF a star. He got himself over with his great promos and well-designed matchs.

I agree, but I think they added to his credibility in terms of the MJF narrative. Before Cody, who had beaten/had a notable feud with? So having him with Cody, Jericho, Punk, etc it helps to build up his legacy. A lot different than if it was with lesser AEW names. So now you can look back and say "he nearly ended Jericho's career" for example.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Wow, you really like to change the narrative.

I agree, but I think they added to his credibility in terms of the MJF narrative. Before Cody, who had beaten/had a notable feud with? So having him with Cody, Jericho, Punk, etc it helps to build up his legacy. A lot different than if it was with lesser AEW names. So now you can look back and say "he nearly ended Jericho's career" for example.
Oh, yeah, I do agree that he was always put in high-profile programs with established stars.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
That Rosa podcast was less then ideal.
I've heard her on Busted Open before and yeah she's bad. Not surprising considering how bad her promos are. Mickie James can be annoying on it too.

Speaking of Mickie, a couple months ago I was watching an episode of Impact where she received a lifetime achievement. She gave a heartfelt speech about overcoming obstacles in the business and being taken seriously....while wearing a top that showed more cleavage than Ive ever seen in my life. I'm pretty sure I saw a nipple a few times. It was kind of hard to take her seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad