AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Meltzer had a lot on the conclusion of the investigation. He has quotes from people who were in the room and not part of the Elite or Punk's side(MJF or Pat Buck). The dog thing was as has been said complete bullshit, Kenny picked up the dog gave it to Megha Parkeh and "Punk couldn't give a f*** less about the dog and was a complete physco.

Also said that apparently Punk "felt bad" about making the comment about Hangman on his return but felt like he had to because of people in the back(wat). There is a ton more and I know people will "Meltzer is a shill for the Bucks!!" literally anything he says but Punk's side has been leaking more through out this entire thing anyways lol

The thing that stuck out for me was the story about Punk after the scrum "researching" if that Nick Hausman guy was still friends with Colt Cabana and then apologizing when he found out he wasn't....

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
It's amazing how Jericho has been doing what he can behind the scenes to paint himself as the hero of this entire situation despite not being involved with the fight at all

I can't remember where it came from but within the last couple of days it's been reported that right before he went out for the Media Scrum, Jericho allegedly visited the scene of the brawl and said something to Punk about him being a "locker room cancer".

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I can't remember where it came from but within the last couple of days it's been reported that right before he went out for the Media Scrum, Jericho allegedly visited the scene of the brawl and said something to Punk about him being a "locker room cancer".
Believable since him and punk worked together but did not get along well in WWE. Punk once refused to tag jericho in at a smackdown show because he felt jericho was unprofessional for watching team canada hockey with edge and christian instead of putting together a match when the edge and jericho wanted to call it in the ring and they had a big huff over it
locker room drama seems to follow punk around. no matter where he is working.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Believable since him and punk worked together but did not get along well in WWE. Punk once refused to tag jericho in at a smackdown show because he felt jericho was unprofessional for watching team canada hockey with edge and christian instead of putting together a match when the edge and jericho wanted to call it in the ring and they had a big huff over it
There's also that interview with Jericho and Cody from a few years ago where they openly make fun of Punk for being a douchebag in the locker room in WWE.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

This is why I think it’s time to move on from him.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
JDfromNY is such a tool bag. Awesome seeing Jade and the rest of the roster clowning on him all day.
Hard disagree. He once said something really stupid about Lexi Kaufmann the person, and also issued a public apology. He’s been fair other than that. I am starting to sour hard on watching wrestling from the way its fans and its stars act online. You do not see shit like this elsewhere. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Legitimate question- why does AEW have to buy Punk out? If things went down the way Meltzer said they did wouldn’t they be able to fire him for just cause? Because what’s been described is assault. Perhaps trying to avoid a lawsuit/discovery?

I suppose they don’t want him to go to WWE? That’s the only thing I can think of but if he’s such a cancer like they say then why do they care?? wouldn’t they want him to go there if that’s the case?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Legitimate question- why does AEW have to buy Punk out? If things went down the way Meltzer said they did wouldn’t they be able to fire him for just cause? Because what’s been described is assault. Perhaps trying to avoid a lawsuit/discovery?

I suppose they don’t want him to go to WWE? That’s the only thing I can think of but if he’s such a cancer like they say then why do they care?? wouldn’t they want him to go there if that’s the case?
Meltzer is a Bucks shill, so the truth is probably more complex than Punk assaulting them. Tony would probably be sued for a LOT of money if he fired Punk. I guess they feel they might lose that trial OR that it would harm the brand. Perhaps both.

Reactions: CDJ

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I would assume they buy him out work in a non compete for a period of time and most importantly just have a clean break with no litigation out of it and they can move on from the entire thing. Punk being right or wrong wouldn't stop him from suing them if they just fired him with cause and didn't buy him out lol

Meltzer is a Bucks shill, so the truth is probably more complex than Punk assaulting them. Tony would probably be sued for a LOT of money if he fired Punk. I guess they feel they might lose that trial OR that it would harm the brand. Perhaps both.
I mean it was Punks side leaking things to the dirtsheets that turned up to just straight up not be true. Meltzer has his faults I do think the whole he is a mouth piece for the Bucks thing is over stated though, kind of taken on a life of it's own that isn't always based in reality.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and CDJ

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

Getting a noncompete clause probably a major reason.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I'm guessing that Punk's affiliation with AEW is more complex than just a standard talent contract. Like maybe he has some payout based on company performance or ratings/gate/etc. growth. Tony also already sort of alluded to Punk having some kind of office position as well. I've also seen some speculation that Punk has some attachment to other "deals" for AEW (maybe vendors/sponsors/etc?).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Tony made some "cocktail napkin" promises to Punk about getting paid royalties when they eventually get some streaming deal for AEW and/or (especially) the ROH library. Punk alluded to this possibility during the post-Revolution media scrum where he got emotional talking about Khan purchasing ROH saying "my footage is in good hands", then taking shots at WWE saying it won't go on a "tab on a shitty app where the boys don't get paid royalties".

Speaking of ROH, I also wonder if Punk has or was promised some kind of stake in the "entity separate from AEW and wholly-owned by Khan" that the purchase was made through.

Lastly, it could also be that along with the standard "non-compete" clause, they are putting together an NDA that will keep him from airing out (or outright fabricating) dirty laundry from AEW to the media or on a podcast (that is, if he's able to find one hosted by someone who doesn't share a bank account with their Mom and promises not to visit friends from AEW when the promotion visits their area...).

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I wonder why there would be a buyout?

AEW-Fight-Forever_2022_08-03-22_014.jpg

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Rough stretch for attendance for recent and upcoming Dynamite shows.

Oct 26 - as of 3:45pm they had distributed around 3000 tickets out of 4700 available for sale. Previously they ran a show in the same building November 2021 and distributed 4863 tickets.

Nov 2 Baltimore - distributed 2600 of 3450 available tickets. Previously they had 4535 in May 2022.

Nov 9 Boston - distributed 2600 of 3530 available tickets. Previously they had 5683 in April 2022.

Two shows with a reasonable amount of time to sell more tickets however the initial ticket amounts may be considered disappointments.

Dec 21 San Antonio (Dynamite & Rampage taping) - distributed 2450 of 4775 available tickets. Previously they had 6775 in March 2022.

Jan 11 Inglewood - distributed 5630 of 8950 available tickets. Previously they had 13,955 in June 2022.

While searching for the previous San Antonio show attendance I found this article. If you disable ad-blockers you are allowed to view four free articles.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Cody killing the whole "he left cause of the Elite" angle.

I don’t read into it whatsoever. To me, this is just the makings of a guy who has more professionalism in his small left toenail than the entirety of the AEW roster combined.

He’s just saying the right thing. As he should.

Yes. I am using hyperbole.

Rough stretch for attendance for recent and upcoming Dynamite shows.

Oct 26 - as of 3:45pm they had distributed around 3000 tickets out of 4700 available for sale. Previously they ran a show in the same building November 2021 and distributed 4863 tickets.

Nov 2 Baltimore - distributed 2600 of 3450 available tickets. Previously they had 4535 in May 2022.

Nov 9 Boston - distributed 2600 of 3530 available tickets. Previously they had 5683 in April 2022.

Two shows with a reasonable amount of time to sell more tickets however the initial ticket amounts may be considered disappointments.

Dec 21 San Antonio (Dynamite & Rampage taping) - distributed 2450 of 4775 available tickets. Previously they had 6775 in March 2022.

Jan 11 Inglewood - distributed 5630 of 8950 available tickets. Previously they had 13,955 in June 2022.

While searching for the previous San Antonio show attendance I found this article. If you disable ad-blockers you are allowed to view four free articles.

I went to the first 3 shows in Boston. Then they moved the next one to Worcester and I didn’t go, cuz getting to Worcester sucks for me. Then they came back to Boston but jacked up prices.

All while still not giving Boston a ppv event. I’m just fed up and Apparently I’m not alone. I’ll go again when they do a Saturday night ppv. They had 3 white hot crowds in a row in Boston and three years later still just run the same old same old Wednesday night? No thanks

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don’t read into it whatsoever. To me, this is just the makings of a guy who has more professionalism in his small left toenail than the entirety of the AEW roster combined.

He’s just saying the right thing. As he should.

Yes. I am using hyperbole.

I went to the first 3 shows in Boston. Then they moved the next one to Worcester and I didn’t go, cuz getting to Worcester sucks for me. Then they came back to Boston but jacked up prices.

All while still not giving Boston a ppv event. I’m just fed up and Apparently I’m not alone. I’ll go again when they do a Saturday night ppv. They had 3 white hot crowds in a row in Boston and three years later still just run the same old same old Wednesday night? No thanks
You realize that the issue with running a PPV in Boston is the size of Matthews Arena (5-6k) and that they can't get a date for TD Bank for obvious reasons right?

Reactions: DaaaaB's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad