AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’ve been only catching up on it, but Taz and Excalibur have been the most common. Loved Excalibur in PWG and Taz is really blossoming in AEW imo, but they go way off topic and joke around the whole show pretty much lol

Oh, well then it hasn't changed. Excalibur I don't dislike as I initially did, but also not in love with him. They are pretty funny together though and absolutely go off topic all show.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think he’s probably talking about Daddy Magic on commentary lately.

25DB0CF9-F5F2-4784-BB25-C66CD929CAE3.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jeff Jarrett is an elite piece of shit heel. I don’t hate this.
he was basically the triple h of TNA from like 2002 or whatever until Angle came in, hell of a run

The problem is almost everybody associates him with TNA and idk if AEW wants to be associated with TNA going into 2023.

I did love me some TNA from like 2004/2005 until Hogan came in

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
he was basically the triple h of TNA from like 2002 or whatever until Angle came in, hell of a run

The problem is almost everybody associates him with TNA and idk if AEW wants to be associated with TNA going into 2023.

don’t drag a bad promotion into your own promotion, just take the best of that bad promotion

Oh and plus I believe in aew for usage of older talents

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

ya know what it was was that ric flair last match build the promos with jj and his wife and flair i realized this guy still belongs on national tv

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Britt vs Saraya just doesn't do it for me.I hope I'm wrong and its a great match,but I'm just not really interested

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I thought Britt was like several times better on the mic then Saraya was in that exchange and I am not the biggest fan of Britt at times. Whole lot of screaming and awkwardly long pauses.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I thought Britt was like several times better on the mic then Saraya was in that exchange and I am not the biggest fan of Britt at times. Whole lot of screaming and awkwardly long pauses.
Baker is easily the best of the womens division with a microphone. It’s not at all close. I think Saraya has improved since her debut in aew, but i think that was mostly just being nervous to get back into it…and the fact that she was always an average promo to begin with.

No idea if Saraya can move though. I assume that ddt was her new finisher, which was fine IMO. I’m not sold on her wrestling a full 1 v 1.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Baker is easily the best of the womens division with a microphone. It’s not at all close. I think Saraya has improved since her debut in aew, but i think that was mostly just being nervous to get back into it…and the fact that she was always an average promo to begin with.

No idea if Saraya can move though. I assume that ddt was her new finisher, which was fine IMO. I’m not sold on her wrestling a full 1 v 1.
Saraya's content was great. The delivery was believable enough, but not entertaining. She has a lot of presence, but she has no charisma when she speaks.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Found last dynamite to be the worst in awhile. Best match was first and the highlight of the show. Samoa Joe turn is a head scratcher. Is Hobbs gonna beat Wardlow and then Joe and Wardlow feud for the ROH TV Title? Would be a good way to get more interest in ROH.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dat Mox promo... wow!

As great as that promo was (one of Ambrose/Moxley's best), the MJF promo is my favorite from him ever. No none-stop yelling and cheap heat. Just razor-sharp intensity and great delivery. I've been critical of MJF for being a bit to over-the-top at times but I thought that promo was fantastic.

Reactions: yahhockey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As great as that promo was (one of Ambrose/Moxley's best), the MJF promo is my favorite from him ever. No none-stop yelling and cheap heat. Just razor-sharp intensity and great delivery. I've been critical of MJF for being a bit to over-the-top at times but I thought that promo was fantastic.
It had an old school feel to it. Nothing was whiny or too intense for the moment. It was all delivered perfectly and built the tension nicely.

Reactions: BruinDust

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
AEW has WAY too many run-ins/interference matches. They also have way too big of a roster.

The more I watch, the more it feels like early 2000s WCW. Feels like 90% of their matches involve interference/run-ins of some sort.

Reactions: BruinDust

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Tbh not as interested in Full Gear as I was maybe 2 weeks ago. Again it feels like AEW rushed and kinda just threw some matches together.

Just wanna see
MJF/Mox
FTR/Acclaimed
Wardlow-Hobbs-Joe should slap and I am assuming the tournament final will be Page-Starks would be really good too. I think the card looks better then All Out on paper and the build hasn't been as janky.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
damn MJF said Jericho took his spotlight from him in his promo. Who woulda ever thunk that??????

Thoughts and prayers to the people who argued that with me. Looks like I’m not off on an island by myself!

Side note: They need to do more with Ethan Page, I think he’s got it all. Or at least bring in Josh Alexander and reunite The North (while releasing half the roster)

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
damn MJF said Jericho took his spotlight from him in his promo. Who woulda ever thunk that??????

Thoughts and prayers to the people who argued that with me. Looks like I’m not off on an island by myself!

Side note: They need to do more with Ethan Page, I think he’s got it all. Or at least bring in Josh Alexander and reunite The North (while releasing half the roster)
I am assuming Page will make it to the final of this tournament...likely against Starks. No idea who they put over between the two both would make for a great first feud with MJF as champ. I would lean towards putting Page over and continue building sympathy for a babyface Starks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad