AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I am assuming Page will make it to the final of this tournament...likely against Starks. No idea who they put over between the two both would make for a great first feud with MJF as champ. I would lean towards putting Page over and continue building sympathy for a babyface Starks.

Think Page makes sense because of the whole firm thing too. Imo Starks needs to hit the gym. Bulk up a bit. But him vs mjf would be great down the line just for the promos.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
damn MJF said Jericho took his spotlight from him in his promo. Who woulda ever thunk that??????

Thoughts and prayers to the people who argued that with me. Looks like I’m not off on an island by myself!

Side note: They need to do more with Ethan Page, I think he’s got it all. Or at least bring in Josh Alexander and reunite The North (while releasing half the roster)
They seriously need to release so many god damn people. It's insane how bloated their roster is. Their website lists 106 active males and 29 active females.

Like, holy f***. That is WAY too many people. No wonder we see stupid stuff like Eddie Kingston looking like a million bucks one week only to be gone for like 4/5 weeks immediately after because there's no time for him.

Reactions: Jussi and CDJ

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So... they started a backstage brawl that costed the company their biggest star and they will get their belts back upon return? L...o...l
How long should they be held on the shelf for something they weren't in the wrong for before it would be acceptable? They spent 2 months at home were found to not be in the wrong, getting their belts back seems to be a logical next step. Or should they never get belts again because Punk is a child?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
How long should they be held on the shelf for something they weren't in the wrong for before it would be acceptable? They spent 2 months at home were found to not be in the wrong, getting their belts back seems to be a logical next step. Or should they never get belts again because Punk is a child?
They should be reintroduced progressively, not get the title back right away.

They were not "in the right". Neither was Punk. Both parties acted like selfish imbeciles. Putting them back exactly where they were when they were rightfully punished seems counter productive. Match should at least be entertaining. Hopefully they show some humbleness and take the L, but I do not expect it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They should be reintroduced progressively, not get the title back right away.

They were not "in the right". Neither was Punk. Both parties acted like selfish imbeciles. Putting them back exactly where they were when they were rightfully punished seems counter productive. Match should at least be entertaining. Hopefully they show some humbleness and take the L, but I do not expect it.
The Elite should absolutely take the L Saturday. Even if they get Cole involved to interfere and cost them the match. Death Triangle need to get hot again. I expect the match to be insanity though.
Not buying the MJF face turn.
Nor am I. It’s not the time for it yet. Nor is Moxley the right opponent for it. This feud has fallen flat to me

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't like the idea of The Elite getting the titles back right away but I can't imagine them losing their first match back. Death Triangle are so bad ass and should have a longer reign.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Elite should absolutely take the L Saturday. Even if they get Cole involved to interfere and cost them the match. Death Triangle need to get hot again. I expect the match to be insanity though.

Nor am I. It’s not the time for it yet. Nor is Moxley the right opponent for it. This feud has fallen flat to me
This is the second time a Mox/MJF feud has sucked.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Death Triangle can have great matches however the title reign, must like other AEW title reigns in recent times, has fallen flat. There were trios matches galore leading up to the trios title announcement and the tournament then once Death Triangle won the vacated titles days after All Out they mostly disappeared and trios matches have virtually disappeared. They won the titles Sept 7, had a match Oct 7, Oct 18 (again against Best Friends) and Nov 16 which was for the sole purpose of revealing The Elite returning at Full Gear. There were some singles matches sprinkled in and they're teasing/working up to something with Pac and the other two not being on the same page, but it has been a meh title reign. Maybe it was injury(ies), maybe it's having too many titles/wrestlers and spreading TV time around, maybe purposely ignored to not remind people The Elite are missing, bad booking, whatever, but their reign has been a huge heaping of meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad