Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Just make a trade Sweeney/Neely.......DO SOMETHING!!!!

Even the most low profile move can shake the room up a bit, or we can keep rolling the same *** roster out there over and over and over and over expecting things to change

Chara, Backes, Krejci, Spooner, McQuaid, K. Miller, Liles, Beleskey, Moore - all these guys could have some value to contending teams and should be available for any combination of prospects and draft picks

I still believe in Carlo and love that the team has him, but I can't believe we won't part with him to add Landeskog......if we didn't have McAvoy, Lauzon, Lindgren, Zboril, O'Gara int he system that would be one thing

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So Zane gets blamed for this loss pathetic

Sweeney.

Rask has had what 3 injury issues this year but with the backups having 1 win compined Rask has to play game after game, no matter in what shape he is.
That's not really helping the team now or longterm.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just make a trade Sweeney/Neely.......DO SOMETHING!!!!

Even the most low profile move can shake the room up a bit, or we can keep rolling the same *** roster out there over and over and over and over expecting things to change

Chara, Backes, Krejci, Spooner, McQuaid, K. Miller, Liles, Beleskey, Moore - all these guys could have some value to contending teams and should be available for any combination of prospects and draft picks

I still believe in Carlo and love that the team has him, but I can't believe we won't part with him to add Landeskog......if we didn't have McAvoy, Lauzon, Lindgren, Zboril, O'Gara int he system that would be one thing

All, not only unproven but we don't know if the cream of the crop (McAvoy) is going to come out of college or continue on for a while. I don't like that Sweeney hasn't done jack squat to help/shake up the status quo but he STILL hasn't. He's trying, out of fear, to make the perfect trade/move. In the meantime the playoffs are drifting away.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wonder who will the Bruins look to make a deal

I've given up thinking that they have any clue, any fresh ideas at all. Sweeneely is/are hunkered down hoping that they'll have it to 2017/18, and if they can get the fans to continue paying crazy money for tickets until then they just may make it.
Personally I can't imagine paying any of my hard earned money to watch this boring, depressing ****show. I barely noticed Backes tonight, and didn't notice Krejci at all during the whole game. Krejci for one seems complacent and WAY too comfortable. IMO, Rask hurt his groin again and needs someone significant to back him up. Krejci's apathy though is really starting to **** me off! ...FFS DO SOMETHING TO SHAKE UP THIS TEAM!!!

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I've given up thinking that they have any clue, any fresh ideas at all. Sweeneely is/are hunkered down hoping that they'll have it to 2017/18, and if they can get the fans to continue paying crazy money for tickets until then they just may make it.
Personally I can't imagine paying any of my hard earned money to watch this boring, depressing ****show. I barely noticed Backes tonight, and didn't notice Krejci at all during the whole game. Krejci for one seems complacent and WAY too comfortable. IMO, Rask hurt his groin again and needs someone significant to back him up. Krejci's apathy though is really starting to **** me off! ...FFS DO SOMETHING TO SHAKE UP THIS TEAM!!!

Another reason I would have made the Carlo for Landeskog move.....you gotta give up something substantial to get something substantial....our lines could look like this

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Landeskog - Krejci - Backes
Vatrano - Spooner - Czarnik (speed line and Vatrano & Czarnik were dynamite together in Providence)
Schaller - Moore - Beleskey/Hayes/Nash

You would still have

Chara - C. Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Morrow - K. Miller
Liles

and still have O'Gara, Grzelcyk in Providence with all the D prospects on the way

and there's lots of talk about Shattenkirk possibly signing here

I like Carlo a lot.....I just think a trade for Landeskog is a good hockey trade and as much as I love Carlo, I don't see a franchise defenseman or even a multiple time all-star, just a good quality defenseman (nothing wrong with that).....and I think Landeskog would be a fan favorite, he's 24 , proven 20+ goal scorer consistently, leadership qualities, plays gritty.....it would be a good hockey trade

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Another reason I would have made the Carlo for Landeskog move.....you gotta give up something substantial to get something substantial....our lines could look like this

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Landeskog - Krejci - Backes
Vatrano - Spooner - Czarnik (speed line and Vatrano & Czarnik were dynamite together in Providence)
Schaller - Moore - Beleskey/Hayes/Nash

You would still have

Chara - C. Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Morrow - K. Miller
Liles

and still have O'Gara, Grzelcyk in Providence with all the D prospects on the way

and there's lots of talk about Shattenkirk possibly signing here

I like Carlo a lot.....I just think a trade for Landeskog is a good hockey trade and as much as I love Carlo, I don't see a franchise defenseman or even a multiple time all-star, just a good quality defenseman (nothing wrong with that).....and I think Landeskog would be a fan favorite, he's 24 , proven 20+ goal scorer consistently, leadership qualities, plays gritty.....it would be a good hockey trade

I'd rather have Duchense but at this point something needs to be done for sure. The problem with trading Carlo is that (again) we don't know if McAvoy is going to leave BU at the end of their season and even if he does if he'll be good enough to be NHL worthy. Maybe he'll need a year or two in the AHL? I really, obviously haven't got the answers but it seems like neither do the people who get paid to have the answer, have the answers.:shakehead:(

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How about (since I'm fantasizing out loud) a blockbuster of Duchense AND Landeskog for Carlo, Hayes, Kevan Miller or Kevin McQuaid our first rounder this year, and any 3 prospects not named McAvoy, JFK, Lauzon, Bjork.

P.S. If I could get away with it I'd throw in Krejci too instead of 2 of the prospects.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I'd rather have Duchense but at this point something needs to be done for sure. The problem with trading Carlo is that (again) we don't know if McAvoy is going to leave BU at the end of their season and even if he does if he'll be good enough to be NHL worthy. Maybe he'll need a year or two in the AHL? I really, obviously haven't got the answers but it seems like neither do the people who get paid to have the answer, have the answers.:shakehead:(

I agree and I totally get it......but McAvoy looks every bit the real deal and the Carlo trade isn't contingent on McAvoy being in the lineup next year

I am thinking long term and I don't see any guarantee that Carlo will be any more than a solid defenseman, no different than McAvoy

Either way....you can add Landeskog and change the makeup of your nucleus of forwards and build around Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Landeskog up front with hopes that some combo of Bjork, Senyshyn, Debrusk, Gabrielle, Frederic, Donato turn into players in a couple years that you add to that nucleus......or you keep Carlo and build your D nucleus around Carlo, Krug, McAvoy, Lauzon, Zboril, Lindgren, O'Gara

Who knows what happens with regards to free agency......personally, I think the team has a wink wink agreement with Eichel to come to Boston and is gearing up to either trade for him or sign him as a RFA after next season for huge money, just a gut feeling that he'll be in a Bruins sweater by 2020

Stone Roses

Dec 27, 2009
Who knows what happens with regards to free agency......personally, I think the team has a wink wink agreement with Eichel to come to Boston and is gearing up to either trade for him or sign him as a RFA after next season for huge money, just a gut feeling that he'll be in a Bruins sweater by 2020

Like they did with Vesey...?

The Bruins organisation is not like it was 4-5 years ago where it had a good reputation and players where interested to come here. From what I've heard this has been ruined last couple of years. The structure and culture around the team is so important, it is not only the team.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
How about (since I'm fantasizing out loud) a blockbuster of Duchense AND Landeskog for Carlo, Hayes, Kevan Miller or Kevin McQuaid our first rounder this year, and any 3 prospects not named McAvoy, JFK, Lauzon, Bjork.

P.S. If I could get away with it I'd throw in Krejci too instead of 2 of the prospects.

You are fantasizing. That's not even remotely enough. You essentially giving them a boat load of dumps a great young piece and a first in a weak draft. Krejci isn't waiving to play in Colorado

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

1) That's not even close to being cap compliant for next year.
2) Hayes, Miller and McQuaid have zero value so you are getting Duchene and Landeskog for Carlo+mid 1st+ a meh prospect.

Would you trade Bergeron and Marchand for Bigras+a mid 1st+ Rene Bourqe+ Fedor Tyutin+Francois Beauchemin+ a prospect not named Jost/Greer or Compher?

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Team needs a wake up call.

The problem is every team except Colorado is technically still in it so prices are high and for the right reasons. I think the right team to deal with is Winnipeg IMO. I feel there is a blockbuster in the making there.

I also want to add prices should be high if you want young talented proven players. I wish Boston used the same approach with Dougie. Should have gotten way more then we did and should have seen a young roster player come back ... Bennett, Monaghan, list goes on.

I can tell you if I were GM (I wish right) I would be fuming but it would have been 20 games ago and you would have heard me ask every player on this roster with any type of NTC to waive or submit a list. There are far to many players who think there spot is "entitled" i would send a serious message throughout the locker room and league. This is a what have you done for me lately business and the cup in 2011 is a cherished but also back seat memory.

Your paid to win!!!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I would be on board with that, but doubt we could get them to take both Hayes and K miller, maybe one of them, I would offer Carlo, 20171st, K Miller, Heinen, Senyshen, Zboril and Spooner, unless they want Krejci instead of the 3 prospects.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The Bruins need to do one or the other either buy big time, Duchene, Landeskog, Johnson, Killorn, Halak(50% retained $) or go full sell mode Beleskey, Hayes, K Miller, Chara, Backes and Krejci. Just don't want another TDL like last year giving up picks and assets to get Liles and Stempniak types, would rather do nothing than repeat the 2016 TDL deals.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Like they did with Vesey...?

The Bruins organisation is not like it was 4-5 years ago where it had a good reputation and players where interested to come here. From what I've heard this has been ruined last couple of years. The structure and culture around the team is so important, it is not only the team.
Like they did with Backes?

UFA: Honey, I got an off from Boston. Think we should accept?

Wife: Boston? BOSTON? (Voice rises) You expect me to pack, take the kids out of school, sell the house and move to......***********Boston??

UFA: But they offered me six large, five years, NMC throughout.

Wife: Get out the suitcases! Always liked that city. Nice museums.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Like they did with Backes?

UFA: Honey, I got an off from Boston. Think we should accept?

Wife: Boston? BOSTON? (Voice rises) You expect me to pack, take the kids out of school, sell the house and move to......***********Boston??

UFA: But they offered me six large, five years, NMC throughout.

Wife: Get out the suitcases! Always liked that city. Nice museums.

To be fair, Boston is one of the more desirable cities to live in in the US.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure someone will, but this is the 1st proposal in 5 pages of the thread.

To Boston: Noah Hanifin

To Carolina: Krug, Czarnik, and Spooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad