Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yes, that's correct. Decisions made by the Bruins last season around the preferred way to make a late push to make the playoffs seems on the surface to be very similar to the situation the Blues may face this year. That would lead to much different circumstances for teams to consider if looking to acquire KS's services.

Yes, but the Bruins were expected to be a bubble team, the Blues are not. They've made their big move by firing Hitch. The screams in St Louis are more of a whisper compared to the screams in Boston to fire everyone from the president right down to all the coaching staff a season ago.

The Blues of today know what their weaknesses are and they'll decide whether to make moves to fill those holes where the Bruins a year ago, had one eye closed and barely did anything at trade deadline to address their weaknesses.

So the decisions are this: The Blues have to decide whether they have a better chance with Shattenkirk and trying to fill holes or are they better off to get assets?

The Bruins decided to go with Eriksson without really doing anything of note.

Blues in a much, much better situation than the Bruins a year ago.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
One difference is that the Blues just lost Backes for nothing last year, too. Another difference is that STL doesn't have nearly the prospect depth in their system that Boston has.

Maybe, maybe not. But Schwartz, Tarasenko, Fabbri, Parayko, Edmundson, Lindbohm, Barbashev.... maybe their "prospect' depth isn't as deep but if you look at it as "young NHLers AND Prospects" I'd say it's pretty deep.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Maybe, maybe not. But Schwartz, Tarasenko, Fabbri, Parayko, Edmundson, Lindbohm, Barbashev.... maybe their "prospect' depth isn't as deep but if you look at it as "young NHLers AND Prospects" I'd say it's pretty deep.

I agree.

Guys like Parayko and Fabbri are playing key roles and will only get better. (Still awkward watching Fabbri in the NHL..he played against my little cousin in the GTHL - Toronto).

Hopefully for the Blues, Allen gets it together...but that team is built to win now and should contend if they get things together.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Yes, but the Bruins were expected to be a bubble team, the Blues are not. They've made their big move by firing Hitch. The screams in St Louis are more of a whisper compared to the screams in Boston to fire everyone from the president right down to all the coaching staff a season ago.

The Blues of today know what their weaknesses are and they'll decide whether to make moves to fill those holes where the Bruins a year ago, had one eye closed and barely did anything at trade deadline to address their weaknesses.

So the decisions are this: The Blues have to decide whether they have a better chance with Shattenkirk and trying to fill holes or are they better off to get assets?

The Bruins decided to go with Eriksson without really doing anything of note.

Blues in a much, much better situation than the Bruins a year ago.

Appreciate the details on the difference and what it may mean in the end. Should start a pool on when the most talked about player to be moved, which seams to have gone on forever and a day, will finally be settled.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Appreciate the details on the difference and what it may mean in the end. Should start a pool on when the most talked about player to be moved, which seams to have gone on forever and a day, will finally be settled.

If I were to bet on it, I'd say the Blues ride it out with Shattenkirk until the end of the season and Bishop will be the first big name traded.

No info, just a hunch

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If I were to bet on it, I'd say the Blues ride it out with Shattenkirk until the end of the season and Bishop will be the first big name traded.

No info, just a hunch

Bishop to Stl makes some sense. Blues FO seems conservative but goalie market seems flooded but might be a mis-observation

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
In theory, your right.

But the whole "make a deal to make another deal" stuff doesn't seem to work very well in a league where making even one deal seems to be a hard thing to do.

So say they move Spooner for a pick and prospect. Then they can't make the 2nd deal to bring in immediate help. Now your core group is one year older, and the current team has been weakened.

And with the way the roster shapes up today, not a chance Spooner gets exposed to LV. So you think they'll expose Spooner to protect Nash or Schaller instead? From an asset management standpoint I can't see them doing it, even if they aren't enamored with Spooner.

The thing is that I don't see the issue as a problem. But we have internal options to work with. I don't think replacing someone of the third line is going to be a huge hill to climb. Maybe I'm being overconfident or to much of an optimist. But it think we can put something together.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hasn't Krejci been telling people he's not waiving his NMC

Don't the Bruins like what he brings

The Krejci trade talk never ceases to amaze me

When was the last time the Bruins or anyone asked? When the Bruins made the playoffs?

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Krug and mcquaid should not have been on the ice on the last leaf goal. Krug was over taxed he had just been on the ice for there power play.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Krejci and Backes contracts are going to hurt this team.

Please don't do anything stupid, build up for future, this is not a 100 point team while rebuilding.

And hope some of the prospects actually deliver.
And hope Krug, Bergeron, Marchand and Rask are still effective players when the prospects develop in 2020.
And hope Pastrnak is still a Bruin and signed to a reasonable deal.

Lots of hoping for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad