Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Nevermind the ridiculous prospect comparisons, but Marco kasper has truly arrived, even if he doesn’t get a roster spot to begin the season he is here. He’s taken an obvious leap since last season, where he started it off recovering from a knee injury and adjusting to NA ice. Even if I have some issues with yzerman I love the way he is building the team. Just big physical 2 way players that are hell to play against. If you can’t win the lottery this is how you should build a team.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
The points will come, especially if we can get/develop a scoring winger to play with him. He was doing everything right last night. Great transition and transport with the puck, winning positioning and 50/50 battles, and looked pretty good on faceoffs. Probably the best Wings forward and looked like an every day NHLer that will help your team win.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I only watched the two first periods, but I think he was one of the best players on the ice, if not the best.
His only competition there was Ed who I think was the best. Either way, great to see them both showing up. A lot of our other prospects like Mazar and Lombardi looked at home in this game even if not as standoutish. Cossa also looked good in the third. If Cossa hits, that’s a huge huge boost for this team.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Or the points could not maybe come, but at least on minimum we'll get the next Helm/Draper on the mix.

If you're getting to the right place more often than not, you'll get points. Draper and Helm were terrific grinders but they were holding the puck against the boards to kill time or hounding people on the forecheck. Kasper seems to have the puck on his stick a lot more than Helm ever did and a better ability to work it towards the middle than either of them.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Copp replacement :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kasper Larkin Raymond
Cat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fischer
Matte Veleno Mazur
Kasper will make Larkin job little easier, same time learn from the best.
Berggren+ for top 4 defansman

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Kasper Larkin Raymond
Cat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fischer
Matte Veleno Mazur
Kasper will make Larkin job little easier, same time learn from the best.
Berggren+ for top 4 defansman

Veleno, Gustafsson, 2nd + 4th round pick for a top 4 RD and an AHL scorer.

I'd like to see what Berggren can do because I think by next year he could be top 6 to replace Kane or Tarasenko. The Wings are also weak on wing until MBN develops, so I'd rather keep Berggren for that reason.

Veleno looks maxed out. 4th liner that might be a 3rd liner on a bad team. The wings have Kasper and Danielson coming in as the 2C and 3C respectively. They still have Compher and Copp for another few years. Then guys like Lombardi, Finnie and Savage that look like solid choices for the 4C role internally.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Veleno, Gustafsson, 2nd + 4th round pick for a top 4 RD and an AHL scorer.

I'd like to see what Berggren can do because I think by next year he could be top 6 to replace Kane or Tarasenko. The Wings are also weak on wing until MBN develops, so I'd rather keep Berggren for that reason.

Veleno looks maxed out. 4th liner that might be a 3rd liner on a bad team. The wings have Kasper and Danielson coming in as the 2C and 3C respectively. They still have Compher and Copp for another few years. Then guys like Lombardi, Finnie and Savage that look like solid choices for the 4C role internally.
Not sure about Berggren and Lalonde on the same team. I don't believe he is more than third line player

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I liked his work rate and energy a ton last night. As advertised on the compete level and he has made skating gains this offseason in my opinion. Great first step this year, exactly what I wanted to see, he should keep building on this.

Watching someone other than Larkin making hi speed clean zone entries, keeping the puck on his stick is nice. Danielson does this too.

Imagine having all three in the lineup. Wouldn't have to dump and chase so much.
This was exactly what I saw when I watched him live last year. He really came on to end the season and now looks even better maybe. The zone entries are a big part of his game that will make offence come, but how hard he crashes the net will get him some points too.

I'm starting to really like the idea of Kasper or Danielson making the team on Larkins wing, the way he broke in with Zetterberg. I like it because if it isnt working out, they can both go down into a third line role and get their shit figured out while still contributing

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This was exactly what I saw when I watched him live last year. He really came on to end the season and now looks even better maybe. The zone entries are a big part of his game that will make offence come, but how hard he crashes the net will get him some points too.

I'm starting to really like the idea of Kasper or Danielson making the team on Larkins wing, the way he broke in with Zetterberg. I like it because if it isnt working out, they can both go down into a third line role and get their shit figured out while still contributing
I know I am team Danielson generally in the discussion, but in terms of the physical dimension brought to the line Kasper brings more of what they need for Ray and Larks.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad