Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
1) That's not even close to being cap compliant for next year.
2) Hayes, Miller and McQuaid have zero value so you are getting Duchene and Landeskog for Carlo+mid 1st+ a meh prospect.

Would you trade Bergeron and Marchand for Bigras+a mid 1st+ Rene Bourqe+ Fedor Tyutin+Francois Beauchemin+ a prospect not named Jost/Greer or Compher?

I hear you. Something in my mind snapped last night!!! :loony::silly::pullhair::laugh::help:
The problem is every team except Colorado is technically still in it so prices are high and for the right reasons. I think the right team to deal with is Winnipeg IMO. I feel there is a blockbuster in the making there.
I also want to add prices should be high if you want young talented proven players. I wish Boston used the same approach with Dougie. Should have gotten way more then we did and should have seen a young roster player come back ... Bennett, Monaghan, list goes on.

I can tell you if I were GM (I wish right) I would be fuming but it would have been 20 games ago and you would have heard me ask every player on this roster with any type of NTC to waive or submit a list. There are far to many players who think there spot is "entitled" i would send a serious message throughout the locker room and league. This is a what have you done for me lately business and the cup in 2011 is a cherished but also back seat memory.

Your paid to win!!!

I LOVE YOU MAAAAAAN!:D

The Bruins need to do one or the other either buy big time, Duchene, Landeskog, Johnson, Killorn, Halak(50% retained $) or go full sell mode Beleskey, Hayes, K Miller, Chara, Backes and Krejci. Just don't want another TDL like last year giving up picks and assets to get Liles and Stempniak types, would rather do nothing than repeat the 2016 TDL deals.

Yes, go big or go home!

Like they did with Backes?

UFA: Honey, I got an off from Boston. Think we should accept?

Wife: Boston? BOSTON? (Voice rises) You expect me to pack, take the kids out of school, sell the house and move to......***********Boston??

UFA: But they offered me six large, five years, NMC throughout.

Wife: Get out the suitcases! Always liked that city. Nice museums.

I think that as Whaler Turned Bruin 55 just said, "To be fair, Boston is one of the more desirable cities to live in in the US" is still true! Boston is a hockey "town" with culture, theatres, museums, restaurants and 3 other professional teams that are very accomplished. IF I were a pro athlete I wouldn't mind trying to be a legend in a city that never forgets. IF I were a pro athlete I would also remember that even if I didn't like Neely and/or Sweeney that they may be gone soon and the new management team may turn it around 180 degrees in the right direction overnight.

To be fair, Boston is one of the more desirable cities to live in in the US.

^^ QFT!!^^

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure someone will, but this is the 1st proposal in 5 pages of the thread.

To Boston: Noah Hanifin

To Carolina: Krug, Czarnik, and Spooner.

To Colorado: Carlo, Hayes

To Boston: Landekog, Colbourne.

To Minnesota: Spooner, Zboril

To Boston: Dumba.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure someone will, but this is the 1st proposal in 5 pages of the thread.

CAR's top need is a #1 center. This deal just gives them some pieces that don't fit or address any needs. It's reported that Duchene for Hanafin has been talked about. That is the kind of deal they'd do.

Quantity for Quality deals only happen when a team is motivated to get rid of a player- like Seguin and Thornton.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
To Colorado: Carlo, Hayes

To Boston: Landekog, Colbourne.

To Minnesota: Spooner, Zboril

To Boston: Dumba.

I hate, hate, hate losing Carlo but I'm coming around to realize that if
Carlo is constantly exposed to this teams attitude he may become tainted. I'd also LOVE to get Dushense, his addition along with the rest would transform the Boston Bruins. I realize the cap implications but a Harvard degree should help in figuring that part out. It would've been wiser to have not spent the money that he did last summer, hold onto the money until now, and prepared to load up for a few significant moves. By now the restructuring would've been in full swing and not stagnant as it is now.
I would imagine that right now Don Sweeney feels like a man on an island. Every man (in the FO) for himself. He has to go to Cam to make any deals and if he screws up any move he'll be on the hotseat even though he's only been in (partial) charge for 2 years.

IF Minnesota would do the Dumba for Spooner and Zboril trade I would jump at it and run!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
CAR's top need is a #1 center. This deal just gives them some pieces that don't fit or address any needs. It's reported that Duchene for Hanafin has been talked about. That is the kind of deal they'd do.

Quantity for Quality deals only happen when a team is motivated to get rid of a player- like Seguin and Thornton.

Bergeron for Hanafin...that's all the bruins have that is close to make a deal like this happen. With that bruins would still need to add prospects and draft picks.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
IF Minnesota would do the Dumba for Spooner and Zboril trade I would jump at it and run!

As would I. My only thought though is that Minny are contenders and contenders add D, they don't deal away top 4 D, and they definitely don't do it to add a soft F who has about the same number of pts they are dealing away. You just don't go into the playoffs by getting weaker at D while adding a F that you don't even need (MINN has 6 Fs already with more points and more D than SPooner, and that's not even counting Parise).

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Bergeron for Hanafin...that's all the bruins have that is close to make a deal like this happen. With that bruins would still need to add prospects and draft picks.

No they wouldn't. Carolina would.

Look, I love Hanifin. I wanted him to some how drop to Boston or have Boston trade up for him that draft, but to think he's a more valuable piece than Bergeron is nuts.

That being said I'd love for Boston to trade for one of Carolina's young defensemen. Hayden Fleury would be a great add for Boston. He's ready for NHL action but is blocked by the defense that they already have at the left side.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
At least we know have a legit playoff performer on our team when we miss the playoffs again.

I know this is sarcastic, but I've been thinking a lot about this. This team is suited for the playoffs.

Backes was a beast last year,
We know what Bergy and Marchand can do,
There is no denying Krejci's ability when he is on his game in the playoffs,
Beleskey seems to step up his game
Patrnak has big game player written all over him,
Rask - Well ask Crosby and Malkin what they thought of him in 2013.
Chara, even at his age, can lock it down when he has to.

Now making the playoffs is a different story all together...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Carolina says no. There is no incentive.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
If the Bruins are truly going nowhere this season, I'd love for them to bring back Sugar Shawn in exchange for future considerations or something.

Let the guy retire a Bruin. What would they have to lose.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
As would I. My only thought though is that Minny are contenders and contenders add D, they don't deal away top 4 D, and they definitely don't do it to add a soft F who has about the same number of pts they are dealing away. You just don't go into the playoffs by getting weaker at D while adding a F that you don't even need (MINN has 6 Fs already with more points and more D than SPooner, and that's not even counting Parise).
The reason I mentioned Dumba and the Wild is that, if it goes 7-3-1 it has to lose a good D. Suter must be protected. Then you can only save two of Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Marco Scandell along with Dumba.

The Wild could always wait 'til season's end and keep all its defensemen. But it may lose out on a better deal for a D before the Trade Deadline.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The reason I mentioned Dumba and the Wild is that, if it goes 7-3-1 it has to lose a good D. Suter must be protected. Then you can only save two of Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Marco Scandell along with Dumba.

The Wild could always wait 'til season's end and keep all its defensemen. But it may lose out on a better deal for a D before the Trade Deadline when it would be forced to deal.

Wild will keep all 5 of their quality D in an effort to win a cup.

They will go the 7/3 route, exposing two of their D.

LV will select one.

Leaving Minnesota still with 4 quality D.

That is how it will go down.

BruinsGM

Jul 17, 2007
Boston/Ann Arbor
Are there any legitimate trade rumors involving the Bruins?

I've heard about interest in Shattenkirk, Landeskog, and now Eberle. Asking price always seems to include Carlo or Pastrnak... No thanks.

The Bruins really need a top D, but unfortunately those don't grow on trees and the Bruins don't have the depth to trade for one...

At the very least, let's hope the Bruins acquire a backup goalie before the season slips away (it hasn't slipped away, right? RIGHT?!?!). Someone please tell me Mgmt is actively pursuing a backup either via trade or sign. Isn't Halak floating in the minors? Not putting the loss of McIntyre last night, but that's a terrible read on a screen shot with under 2 minutes to go IMO. There must be someone who can put up 90%...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Wild will keep all 5 of their quality D in an effort to win a cup.

They will go the 7/3 route, exposing two of their D.

LV will select one.

Leaving Minnesota still with 4 quality D.

That is how it will go down.

And here in Boston, we are praying that Vegas takes McQuaid or K. Miller...

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011
I agree.

Guys like Parayko and Fabbri are playing key roles and will only get better. (Still awkward watching Fabbri in the NHL..he played against my little cousin in the GTHL - Toronto).

Hopefully for the Blues, Allen gets it together...but that team is built to win now and should contend if they get things together.

guess you dont have to watch him fir the rest of this season...acl injury

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

The Wild could always wait 'til season's end and keep all its defensemen. But it may lose out on a better deal for a D before the Trade Deadline.

What Bruin Dust said, in addition:

Koivu
Staal
Parise
Zucker
Nino
Granlund
Coyle
(plus Pominville has a NMC but they can probably get him to waive)

That's 7 Fs they'd protect over Spooner. Thus they'd trade Dumba because they didn't want to lose him in the expansion draft, and instead they'd lose the guy they got for him, while also harming their chances of winning a Cup this year.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What Bruin Dust said, in addition:

Koivu
Staal
Parise
Zucker
Nino
Granlund
Coyle
(plus Pominville has a NMC but they can probably get him to waive)

That's 7 Fs they'd protect over Spooner. Thus they'd trade Dumba because they didn't want to lose him in the expansion draft, and instead they'd lose the guy they got for him, while also harming their chances of winning a Cup this year.
That's why I used the caveat that the Wild could wait until after the season. It'll have to deal with a player lost for nothing gained in the expansion draft.

Wouldn't matter if it won the SC, or advanced deeply into playoffs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

And bring zinovjev over too right? ;)

Bergeron would be perfect to have around Lindholm. Don't think we ever see Bergeron traded though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad