2024-2025 season predictions:

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Martone may not get moved. Could be pretty good both years. Same with Spence.

When was the last time London traded a big piece of their team?

I think Misa, Parekh, Sennecke, Beaudoin and Battaglia all get 16 year olds or frp 17 year olds

It is good to want……

That is FIVE 16 year olds traded? GLWT.

If it makes sense for London to move Dickinson, you best believe they would do it.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Martone may not get moved. Could be pretty good both years. Same with Spence.

When was the last time London traded a big piece of their team?

I think Misa, Parekh, Sennecke, Beaudoin and Battaglia all get 16 year olds or frp 17 year olds

The ‘24 deadline may be the one and only time we see 16 yr old 1st picks handed out like candy.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Oh sorry. I misunderstood. You are right. Last year was a crazy deadline. this one will be pretty tame and the year after should be busy again.

We shall see. There are a lot picks residing in the east to be blown. Erie should, Flint could use up theirs.
I just don’t think we will see as many 1sts dealt for a while, at leasr

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It is good to want……

If it makes sense for London to move Dickinson, you best believe they would do it.
Feel like what the hunters would want is picks IF they traded Dickinson… IF

Also IF Dickinson is even back. Which I’d bet he won’t be if he has a big year with the Knights

The ‘24 deadline may be the one and only time we see 16 yr old 1st picks handed out like candy.
Exactly. Or what I could see Saginaw doing too is trading Parekh or Misa for a crap ton of picks and the other for a first round player and picks

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Donovan McCoy got a first rounder last year.
You don’t think a 19 year old who can put up 100 points next year won’t?

I think he continues his progression being the main guy this year unless fronts get wakely(then he may even hit 100 this year cause I’m sure wakely is bound for that) then the following season may not put up as many because he will be away at wjc camp I’m sure- and may make the team. But his ppg total I’m sure increases a bit too. Very high on him he reminds me of Robertson in many aspects of his game.

He got 65 points last year and 31 goals. Will elevate his points total and goals I assume the baseline would be a 40/40 season for him. Think +15 points is very reasonable for him but I think a +25 can even happen with his improved skating and nhl shot, great hands. He isn’t the best 2 way player but he can definitely put the puck in the back of the net.
All situational, McCoy going for that was a GM who got caught sitting at the deadline without having made a big move and felt he needed to do something. Meanwhile full seasons of Barlow, Bertucci and Rehkopf this year won't even net a single 16 year old first rounder.

I don't think Battaglia is a 19 year old who can put up 100 points is the difference I guess. Like I said, I'm lower on him than most it seems, maybe he proves me wrong this year!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
There seem to be more and more rumblings of Ritchie sticking in Colorado and not being back at all. I don't think it would be a death blow to Oshawa's chances but with them already being behind the others in terms of picks to add players, it adds to the chances of them not being the best regular season team.

They still have so many other strong players and goaltending to be a favourite against most teams in the playoffs.

Edit - I largely posted this here because the mods seem to be closing the offseason threads and seemed pointless to add to an Oshawa thread that will be locked any minute, and it could impact the final standings predictions fairly significantly
Yeah that's largely why I had the Gens 3rd and not 1st/2nd despite me thinking they have the best roster right now. They'll start the year without any of their NHL first rounders and Roobroeck. Ritchie is going to get an NHL look with Landeskog, Nichushkin and Lehkonen out. Roobroeck the Gens seem to still be confident will be back but he's going to get an AHL look for sure. Danford hasn't even passed his concussion test yet (has another one Saturday). Sennecke skating but havent seen an update he's started doing contact drills yet

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
All situational, McCoy going for that was a GM who got caught sitting at the deadline without having made a big move and felt he needed to do something. Meanwhile full seasons of Barlow, Bertucci and Rehkopf this year won't even net a single 16 year old first rounder.
Barlow forced Owen Sounds hand.

Kitchener wanted to load up on picks for their mem cup bid in 2026/2027

Bertucci requested out of flint.

Different situations. Just like when wright was traded from the fronts he gave a short list of team to be traded to and because of it- fronts missed out on 16 year olds because at the time Miedema looked promising
I don't think Battaglia is a 19 year old who can put up 100 points is the difference I guess. Like I said, I'm lower on him than most it seems, maybe he proves me wrong this year!
Hope so!

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

My instincts say if 16 year olds were able to be traded prior to Jan 1 then at least one of the three of them probably would have gone for a first rounder.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Two of Barrie, Brampton, Kingston, and Oshawa will be out in round two, possibly sooner if Brantford and Sudbury load up.
Sudbury won’t be loading up, they’re going to sell.

I don’t think any of those 3 get a Logan Morrison (or soon to be Dalyn wakely) return lol but will get atleast a few picks each to help replenish the stock

Donovan McCoy got a first rounder last year.
You don’t think a 19 year old who can put up 100 points next year won’t?

I think he continues his progression being the main guy this year unless fronts get wakely(then he may even hit 100 this year cause I’m sure wakely is bound for that) then the following season may not put up as many because he will be away at wjc camp I’m sure- and may make the team. But his ppg total I’m sure increases a bit too. Very high on him he reminds me of Robertson in many aspects of his game.

He got 65 points last year and 31 goals. Will elevate his points total and goals I assume the baseline would be a 40/40 season for him. Think +15 points is very reasonable for him but I think a +25 can even happen with his improved skating and nhl shot, great hands. He isn’t the best 2 way player but he can definitely put the puck in the back of the net.
If Kingston gets Wakely, they’ll have to cut lalonde. Who would be the back up?

There’s a chance Martone makes the NHL next season.
It is good to want……

HL

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

HL

pretty sure the wolves want to add to the roster.
While unlikely, it’s conceivable they add Andonovski and one of Allen or Gibson. Contention is not out of reach for the wolves.

Kingston would not have to trade Lalonde if acquiring Wakely. It might be in their best interest to trade LaLonde; and trading LaLonde imight mprove their odds of acquiring Wakely if also trading for VanSteensel.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Appears that way
I assume they would have to trade for one. Haven’t looked for any 19 year old backups so not sure who they could target.

Don’t think they’d roll with Betts this year- prob give him a year to develop
I agree. Has the size and skill. Him and Roger McQueen may both make it along with obviously Hagens who will go #1.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
pretty sure the wolves want to add to the roster.
While unlikely, it’s conceivable they add Andonovski and one of Allen or Gibson. Contention is not out of reach for the wolves.

Kingston would not have to trade Lalonde if acquiring Wakely. It might be in their best interest to trade LaLonde; and trading LaLonde imight mprove their odds of acquiring Wakely if also trading for VanSteensel.
Kingston already has 3 OA’s, and they just named Heyes and Guindon as assistant captains. Sure it’s possible they dump Heyes, but he’s a favourite of theirs and with being added to the leadership group, I can’t see them moving him. They won’t move guindon obviously, so that leaves Lalonde.

Appears that way

I assume they would have to trade for one. Haven’t looked for any 19 year old backups so not sure who they could target.

I agree. Has the size and skill. Him and Roger McQueen may both make it along with obviously Hagens who will go #1.
To me they have to. Highly unlikely they get Dvorsky back, they traded Taylor last year. Already moved good players in Konyen, Collins and Mania. I don’t think they have the assets to acquire big names, but could be wrong. They’ll need Villeneuve and Walton to take massive steps forward if they want to contend imo. Would be smart to move Musty for a big return and go for it next year.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Appears that way

Yeah especially with him and McQueen being late 06’s. Both have the size to play next year, but will depend on how strong they can get between now and then. Both need to work on their skating as imo. But you’re right Hagens is going to go number 1, I don’t think it’s really all that close. But these two should both go top 5.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston already has 3 OA’s, and they just named Heyes and Guindon as assistant captains. Sure it’s possible they dump Heyes, but he’s a favourite of theirs and with being added to the leadership group, I can’t see them moving him. They won’t move guindon obviously, so that leaves Lalonde.
I’ve heard all along they’re not going to have heyes after Christmas time. Still hearing the same thing. Guindon is safe for sure unless ludwinski comes back which I’ve heard they’re not 100% sold he will stick with Rockford
To me they have to. Highly unlikely they get Dvorsky back, they traded Taylor last year. Already moved good players in Konyen, Collins and Mania. I don’t think they have the assets to acquire big names, but could be wrong. They’ll need Villeneuve and Walton to take massive steps forward if they want to contend imo. Would be smart to move Musty for a big return and go for it next year.
I agree but with them having a ton of picks some on here think they go in. Personally I think it would be stupid but I’m not a wolves fan so I’m not as informed about the wolves as some others

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Heyes could be an injury replacement, spiritual leader, then some sort of assistant after the deadline.

You should have another look at the wolves roster and available picks.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I’ve heard all along they’re not going to have heyes after Christmas time. Still hearing the same thing. Guindon is safe for sure unless ludwinski comes back which I’ve heard they’re not 100% sold he will stick with Rockford

I agree but with them having a ton of picks some on here think they go in. Personally I think it would be stupid but I’m not a wolves fan so I’m not as informed about the wolves as some others
Fair enough, I do think Heyes is a decent enough player and a good leader, but Wakely is a clear upgrade. I think they’d move Ludwinski and keep Guindon though, especially reading Mann’s comments about the older players having a disconnect with the younger players last year. I’d imagine ludwinski was a prime suspect there. Guindon may be a better OHL player as well.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Heyes could be an injury replacement, spiritual leader, then some sort of assistant after the deadline.

You should have another look at the wolves roster and available picks.
What do you like so much about their roster? Outside of Musty it’s quite average imo. Walton, Villeneuve, McCoy, DeAngelis, Pharand, Delic and Coughlan are all solid enough players, but not a core I’d consider good enough to contend. Unless they’re willing to trade Blonda, their picks situation is fairly average as well. Like I said, not a bad team but It would be foolish to spend big assets to go for it imo. But I know the owner is impatient and always wants to go all in, so Papineau is likely to be pressured to do it. But it’ll screw them over in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad