Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yes it could happen, but all-stars don't get traded that often.
Right and if they were traded the deal could probably wait until after the game. I just figured they froze it seeing as they freeze it for the holiday break and it could mess up the whole structure of the teams, even though it’s a joke.

Reactions: bbfan419

NYRORDIE

Jul 8, 2019
Rangers have been pretty good as of late...games on hand (for playoff spot). Looking to trade the young stud Russian goalie...they're pushing for a playoff spot/run. Don't think Kreider will be available.

Yeah the next two weeks will tell a lot as to what they do. If they don’t trade him and he leaves on July 1 for free then they better have won a Stanley Cup and I don’t see that happening

Reactions: Strafer

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Everyone keeps thinking Kreider but I could see a move for Jesper fast being the smarter option for sweeney to make. That’s an up and down the lineup player on the right wing. Easily an upgrade over what kuhlman is. He’s essentially heinen from the right side but plays a little bit more physical from what I recall in games against NY.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Amazing how the view of the lineup changes simply by switching Coyle and Krejci.

I love DeBrusk and Coyle on the 2nd line, I also love DeBrusk with Bjork. Speed on the wings, size up the middle. It's a well crafted, dynamic line.

Heinen on Krejci's LEFT wing is a really good fit. They're both cerebral, they're subtle and smart, they have good hands and good vision. Put any shooter with those two and he's going to get a big boost in shooting percentage. That instantly becomes a line that may not be as explosive thru the Nzone as Cassidy likes, but it's going to get tons of offensive zone time and be more in sync with Krejci's style of play.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
TSN Hockey's Trade Bait List - TSN.ca

Old friend Ryan Donato makes the list, as does Josh Anderson.

Some interesting guys on the list who could really help the bruins.

Hard to believe that Kovalchuk is #3 on that list and we could have signed him for Brett Ritchie in the minors.

4 goals, 8 points in 8 games for the most structured, defensive minded coach in hockey.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Everyone keeps thinking Kreider but I could see a move for Jesper fast being the smarter option for sweeney to make. That’s an up and down the lineup player on the right wing. Easily an upgrade over what kuhlman is. He’s essentially heinen from the right side but plays a little bit more physical from what I recall in games against NY.
But he cant put up the offensive numbers that Kreider can, which is what we need most.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Hard to believe that Kovalchuk is #3 on that list and we could have signed him for Brett Ritchie in the minors.

4 goals, 8 points in 8 games for the most structured, defensive minded coach in hockey.

It's infuriating, right? There was absolutely no risk with how cheap he came. It's going to be hilarious if (when?) they trade him at the deadline and get anything of value when any team could have had him.

The only risk was if he hurt the locker room (and I don't even know if there's much evidence of him doing that in the past), and if you were worried about that, then you must not have that much confidence in the locker room in the first place.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I hope they get another poor man’s Joakim Nordstrom and a 13th Defenceman.

Because more JAGs at the bottom of the roster is just what they need.

Add Toffoli and Kreider (ish) and I’m a happy guy. But if Sweeney gives us more “oh you can guarantee we’re going to be active at the deadline” like he did in free agency this year, I’ll be tuning out.

I have a feeling that we're looking at Toffoli (or someone similar) as the only addition at the trade deadline. A winger that costs some combination of 2nd/3rd/mid-level prospect. Basically, another Marcus Johansson. I don't think they're going big game hunting unless one of Marchand, Pastrnak, or DeBrusk gets a long term injury before the deadline. I think the Nash trade left too bad of a taste in Sweeney's mouth.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Anthanasiu for Heinen plus? Would be a decent sized plus but a good deal.

Ghost for Gryz plus?

How bad does Nashville want Turris gone? If they retain 2+ mil per I like the deal a hell of a lot great partner for DK or Charlie.
I would do the first 2. Funny I was thinking the exact deal with Grizz with out the plus

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Amazing how the view of the lineup changes simply by switching Coyle and Krejci.

I love DeBrusk and Coyle on the 2nd line, I also love DeBrusk with Bjork. Speed on the wings, size up the middle. It's a well crafted, dynamic line.

Heinen on Krejci's LEFT wing is a really good fit. They're both cerebral, they're subtle and smart, they have good hands and good vision. Put any shooter with those two and he's going to get a big boost in shooting percentage. That instantly becomes a line that may not be as explosive thru the Nzone as Cassidy likes, but it's going to get tons of offensive zone time and be more in sync with Krejci's style of play.

Toffoli would be a near perfect fit there. Craig Smith wouldn't be bad neither.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I've been scrolling through teams that are outside the playoff picture, and I saw Jeff Skinner had turned back into a pumpkin this year. He has 7 years $9M per year left on his deal. That might be the worst contract in the league.

Going through the teams, I realized there really aren't that many players available who have expiring deals, which I assume is what the Bruins are looking for. Nashville had a couple of buy low candidates that piqued my interest. Craig Smith and Mikael Granlund are having down years. I believe that Nashville would need to retain some salary in order for the Bruins to fit them under the cap. The one issue is that you probably wouldn't want to take a chance on them as your only acquisition, and there may not be enough room to make a deal for another player.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Boy does lauzon cause a log jam on the dcore. Donny has some major decisions.

Little guys aren’t going anywhere on LD and will count 12 mil against the cap next year for both. Sweeney sees a better version of himself in both. We’ll get something good for Lauzen.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I've been scrolling through teams that are outside the playoff picture, and I saw Jeff Skinner had turned back into a pumpkin this year. He has 7 years $9M per year left on his deal. That might be the worst contract in the league.

Going through the teams, I realized there really aren't that many players available who have expiring deals, which I assume is what the Bruins are looking for. Nashville had a couple of buy low candidates that piqued my interest. Craig Smith and Mikael Granlund are having down years. I believe that Nashville would need to retain some salary in order for the Bruins to fit them under the cap. The one issue is that you probably wouldn't want to take a chance on them as your only acquisition, and there may not be enough room to make a deal for another player.

One legit 2nd liner should do the trick. I’d rather get one really good player than 2 ok players. And nothing will be cheap.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017

On top of that he scores in OT and on the shoot out. That alone was worth the league minimum.

Reactions: Lo97 and PlayMakers

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Right and if they were traded the deal could probably wait until after the game. I just figured they froze it seeing as they freeze it for the holiday break and it could mess up the whole structure of the teams, even though it’s a joke.
Exactly and I agree this whole all star game is a joke and I don't even bother watching it at all.

Reactions: Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Been saying this all year get Jake and Krech away from each other. No chemistry between them and they play different games. Get Kreider for Krechs left and try Senyshn on the right.
I feel Kreider and DeBrusk play similar games. North-South skaters.
Now Kovalchuk is a guy who IMO suits Krejci’s “slow things down” game style.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You always have good ideas, but I have a feeling that the two bolded ideas aren't happening UNLESS Sweeney is worried about his job, in which case you probably don't want him making any moves.

I remember him talking about not liking not having a 1st round pick in 2018, so I don't think he's going to move it. With Heinen and Moore, I just don't see him moving roster players. It just doesn't seem like his style.

I have a feeling we're looking at the only addition being the best forward they can find that costs a 2nd, a 3rd, and a mid-level prospect.
I have no problem moving Moore at all and Heinen I would trade in the right deal.

Reactions: Lo97 and BAD BOY

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Little guys aren’t going anywhere on LD and will count 12 mil against the cap next year for both. Sweeney sees a better version of himself in both. We’ll get something good for Lauzen.
I hope they keep Lauzon, I have liked him from the start even more than Vaak. Get rid of Moore and use Kampfer as the 7th D, that saves us some cap space as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad