Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Boy does lauzon cause a log jam on the dcore. Donny has some major decisions.

Bruins best asset is left side d depth. Weak on the right side. Time for some left right d swapping.

IMO the key player in all this is Miller. Is he ready? Don has said they need to evaluate/see where Miller is at knowing the obvious needs for the team are an additional winger a right D.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So now they need TWO wingers for Krejci??
In my opinion, if they want to win the cup, yes.

They can get away with adding a top 6 winger and a top 9 winger and either have the top 9 winger play with Krejci or one of Bjork, Kuhlman, or another prospect in Providence.

With a 3rd line consisting of DeBrusk and Coyle, that is going to cause a lot of mismatches for other teams. Adding two top 6 wingers, one most likely a rental, would be the icing on the cake.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Is the trade deadline over? Team chemistry counts for something ..
One of Moore or Heinen have gotta go if not both. The cap space must be cleared. Miller isn’t going anywhere he hasn’t played in about two years almost. I doubt anybody takes him. He’s more valuable for the bruins not for anybody else.
IMO

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
One of Moore or Heinen have gotta go if not both. The cap space must be cleared. Miller isn’t going anywhere he hasn’t played in about two years almost. I doubt anybody takes him. He’s more valuable for the bruins not for anybody else.
IMO

I like all the players you mentioned above and willing to part with them all for the right deal. Like I said earlier, Miller is huge for this team.

Last edited:

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bruins should keep Miller for the playoffs. Great depth dman. Let him walk after the season. I'd argue if Miller played in the playoffs last year, Bruins win the cup. Trade Moore for a 4th, keep Miller (walks as UFA) Bruins magically have 5.2 million open cap space.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Parise and Zajac said Kovalchuk was a great teammate.

He's fine when he's the focal point. 14 minutes a night and 2nd PP unit status isn't going to do it for him here though.

agree, kovalchuk's issue isn't being a bad guy. for me his issue is being a total dog away
from the puck. i would guess the bruins watched his play in LA and determined the net
gain of his offense vs his terrible defense wasn't worth the hassle.

it's on sweeney to find someone who does fit the way the team plays, and also someone
that can move the needle the way johansson did last spring. consider me dubious until
they pull the trigger.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Parise and Zajac said Kovalchuk was a great teammate.

He's fine when he's the focal point. 14 minutes a night and 2nd PP unit status isn't going to do it for him here though.

like any winger he needs a center and Krejci and Kovy would be productive. I've also stopped listening to bruins fans on Kovalchuk's game.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
In my opinion, if they want to win the cup, yes.

They can get away with adding a top 6 winger and a top 9 winger and either have the top 9 winger play with Krejci or one of Bjork, Kuhlman, or another prospect in Providence.

With a 3rd line consisting of DeBrusk and Coyle, that is going to cause a lot of mismatches for other teams. Adding two top 6 wingers, one most likely a rental, would be the icing on the cake.

Skating with Krejci is frightening. Kid works hard for sure,perfect fourth liner. Get Wagner and his minus 10 in the pressbox as the extra forward.

I think we can survive without his bone crushing team leading hits

How this player was able to get a three year extension is mind boggling

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
like any winger he needs a center and Krejci and Kovy would be productive. I've also stopped listening to bruins fans on Kovalchuk's game.

He's pretty terrible defensively....even in his heyday. All those O starts and his advanced stats still stink. Back then at very least his offense overcompensated for that. I wouldn't have an issue with him here, but that ship has sailed.

Reactions: Strafer

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He's pretty terrible defensively....even in his heyday. All those O starts and his advanced stats still stink. Back then at very least his offense overcompensated for that. I wouldn't have an issue with him here, but that ship has sailed.

I'd love to see it, the Bruins would dominate with 2 great lines. I think you're underrating the complete player Kovy can be. I think he's going to be traded to Pitt to skate next to Crosby if I had to choose a team today. How can Montreal pass on getting an asset if they have Kovalchuk until the end of the year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I'd love to see it, the Bruins would dominate with 2 great lines. I think you're underrating the complete player Kovy can be. I think he's going to be traded to Pitt to skate next to Crosby if I had to choose a team today. How can Montreal pass on getting an asset if they have Kovalchuk until the end of the year.

he's not a complete player ever though, that's my point. I would be shocked if anyone deals for him...the guy had to take pennies and publicly said he wanted to play for a contender and...…..the contenders all said no thanks, for free.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
he's not a complete player ever though, that's my point. I would be shocked if anyone deals for him...the guy had to take pennies and publicly said he wanted to play for a contender and...…..the contenders all said no thanks, for free.

You have to finish the story though
He then went to Montreal scored goals and is now claudes and the cities favourite player. Hes a trade target now for a contender

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
agree, kovalchuk's issue isn't being a bad guy. for me his issue is being a total dog away
from the puck
. i would guess the bruins watched his play in LA and determined the net
gain of his offense vs his terrible defense wasn't worth the hassle.

it's on sweeney to find someone who does fit the way the team plays, and also someone
that can move the needle the way johansson did last spring. consider me dubious until
they pull the trigger.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad