Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so what, I still want to trade for him, go call out the fans who want Toffoli now
regardless of who you think is the better player...
discussing a guy who is an actual trade target in the trade thread > discussing a guy the Bruins won't trade for in a million years

The Bruins didn't want Kovi for free. There's no f***ing chance they give assets to the Habs for him now. If you want to gush about how great he is after every point he puts up, do it in the Around the League thread because they aren't trading for him.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
regardless of who you think is the better player...
discussing a guy who is an actual trade target in the trade thread > discussing a guy the Bruins won't trade for in a million years

The Bruins didn't want Kovi for free. There's no ****ing chance they give assets to the Habs for him now. If you want to gush about how great he is after every point he puts up, do it in the Around the League thread because they aren't trading for him.

Ridiculous. Kovy according to TSN is top trade target. It's a trade thread. And the Bruins have shown interest in the past

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Ridiculous. Kovy according to TSN is top trade target. It's a trade thread
it's also the Bruins board and you have enough sense to know that there's 0.0% chance that the Bruins trade assets to their top division rival for a guy they could have had for free a month ago.

Keep in mind it's the "Bruins Rumors/Proposals thread"

Reactions: Strafer and JCRO

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
it's also the Bruins board and you have enough sense to know that there's 0.0% chance that the Bruins trade assets to their top division rival for a guy they could have had for free a month ago.

Keep in mind it's the "Bruins Rumors/Proposals thread"

Sounds like you just dont like talking about kovalchuk

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Complete hail mary of a trade thought.... but being someone who thinks the team should move on from Torey versus resign him and also not lose him for anything.... heres my fantasy Bruins trade.

Krug (sign and trade)
pick
prospect (or whatever, maybe nothing)

for

Tyler Bertuzzi + whatever else needs to be done to make the deal work

I personally would love to add Bertuzzi, but this is most likely fantasy

Reactions: Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Heinen Krejci Toffoli
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Wagner Kuraly Clifford

trade Moore + prospects/picks for Toffoli and Clifford

gets Krejci his winger and adds an enforcer.
I would swap out Wagner for Kuhlman, I would even trade Wagner at this point, to me he does not add much.

Reactions: Strafer

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Complete hail mary of a trade thought.... but being someone who thinks the team should move on from Torey versus resign him and also not lose him for anything.... heres my fantasy Bruins trade.

Krug (sign and trade)
pick
prospect (or whatever, maybe nothing)

for

Tyler Bertuzzi + whatever else needs to be done to make the deal work

I personally would love to add Bertuzzi, but this is most likely fantasy

A signed Krug is worth more than Bertuzzi. He averages more time on ice per game than Patrice Bergeron does. He is not going to get that kind of ice time here.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Long term and short term moves that set them up for a legit run this year and clear space for next.
Heinen, B level prospect (Fitzgerald, Cehlarik. etc) and a pick (dependent on how far they go in the playoffs) for Krieder, adds a fast, gritty scorer to the top 9. Moore to Arizona for Lane Pederson. Clears 5.5 for next year if Kreider is not resigned, at this point assume Backes is bought out which would clear another 2M Beleskey and Siedenberg clear another 3M. That would leave about 25M for next years FA's DeBrusk, Krug, Chara, Lauzon, Grzelcyk, Bjork and Kuhlman. Biggest cap hit will be Krug then DeBrusk the rest should not be huge contracts leaving money to sign Kreider.

Either way your playoff roster would be
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kreider-Krejci-Kuhlman
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork
Frederic/Blidh-Kuraly-Wagner
McAvoy-Chara
Carlo-Krug
Lauzon/Miller/Grzelcyk/Clifton

None of the RW's past Pastrnak are great but you have good pairs on the top three lines and Kuhlman and Bjork should be able to compliment the other two playing simple games and bringing speed. I would like some more size on the RW but it's a tougher forward group with Kreider, Frederic and Blidh and the D has good size that can be mixed with speed when needed. Putting Lauzon and Miller as your third pair helps vs Washington, Grzelcyk and Miller work vs Tampa or Pittsburgh.

A good coach will be able to mix and match, sadly the Bruins have Cassidy so whatever moves they make may be moot with him still running the bench.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
LOL Ryan Donato. I have my issues with Sweeney but the cries from some when he got dealt last year were priceless. Boy did he prove Sweeney wrong:sarcasm:

I may want toughness on the team but the people who wanted Spooner and lauded Koko I have a question for. How would that line look as the third line right now. In Providence they would be OK in the NHL it would be a disaster.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Sami Vatanen is a guy I really like on their team. He plays a in your face type defense and is highly skilled as well. He goes under the radar, but can play both sides and would be a real nice addition on the backend, depending on the price.

Palmeiri would be sweet no doubt and Im sure Sweeney has interest, all depends on the cost and I wonder if Sweeney will be looking for term this year with guys like Jake,Krug,Chara,Kuhlmann,Lauzon,Bjork and Halak all needing contracts.

The one guy I like if Nashville decides to unload is C.Smith. The guy can score and has some grit and would be cheaper than Palmeiri, while he has 5 twenty goal seasons under his belt to palmeiri 4.

Reactions: Strafer and DKH

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like John Moore is gonna be on this team until they buy him out or let the contract expire.

Buying him out would cost I think $300k a year
for the next 6 years. Not a great thought, but
if he was the only buried contract you could live with it.
But 6 years says thats unlikely.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Something tells me they didn't see Kovalchuk as a fit on off the ice.

I always hate the "off the ice" argument, though I don't know how often it's truly the reason a player isn't acquired. You can't tout how great your leadership is and then be worried about what one player will do. If one player is going to ruin the locker room, then it wasn't strong in the first place.

Like others have said, I think the issue is how he plays outside of the offensive zone. I understand that he doesn't fit what they're looking for, but I've always hated that reasoning. You build the system around the players, not the players around the system. It's the thing I like least about the current management group. They've got a type, and if you don't fit that, they're not interested in you. The problem becomes that there are certain holes in your team that can't be filled by the standard Bruins-type of player, so they'll never be filled.

Reactions: Lo97 and Blowfish

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I am not a GM guy; there's a reason I'm getting a degree to become a librarian as opposed to running a sports team. But I DO know if I could have either in a trade i'd take Kreider over Toffoli. Just my thought. If you're gonna swing for one more chance at the cup, go with the guy that has almost reached 20 goals on the season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Buying him out would cost I think $300k a year
for the next 6 years. Not a great thought, but
if he was the only buried contract you could live with it.
But 6 years says thats unlikely.

That would be an incredible low hit and manageable but Moore is an NHL player and has value around the league, not a chance the bruins would buy him out.

They could nab a 3rd pick easily for him.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yah we stole Coyle, love it.
Donato was a none factor last night, watched the Minny / Fla game.
Staal played a heck of a game, would love him as our third line center and move Coyle to the RW.

Its been said over and over Eric Staal ain't waiving.
Only scenario he "might" is if a legit Cup contender
trades for his brother Marc and comes knockin,
but that ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad