Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
He is the #7/8 dman on Boston and #4 at LD.
2.7M for a #7/8 is a lousy position to be in trade
wise. You might find a GM to give you
a 4/5 round pick. Doubt you're getting a 3rd rd pick
for him.

Better chance that most GM's are asking for the pick.
They know Moore doesn't play regularly in the top
6 in Boston, he makes 2.7 M, why would they give Boston a 3rd?

The Bruins also have an extremely deep defense with at least 8 or 9 guys who could possibly play top 6. We are probably ignorant to other teams defensive woes, since we've been spoiled by this depth. Moore isn't a 7/8 defenseman on most teams in this league. There are teams that could use him in their top 6 or even top 4.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I know we're not getting Kovalchuk. I get that we likely passed on him for free.

But honestly, I don't think the idea of trading a 3rd round pick for him is absurd. He has proven he can still put the puck in the net and is still a strong, fast skater. Montreal took that chance on him, and he is doing quite well. I'd still rather see him than Kuhlman or Heinen going into the playoffs. If the Bruins added him and Kreider, I really like their chances.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don’t see Kovalchuk finding the level needed to beat a team like Washington or St. Louis. I imagine one shift against Ryan O’Reilly and L.A. Kovalchuk he will become

That wouldn't be his responsibility. That is on the Bergeron line to beat a guy like O'Reilly. People wanted Kovalchuk for the middle 6, not to drive the offense.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
because they need a legit NHL d-man, and Moore is that.

Just because he's 7/8 on the B's depth chart doesn't mean he is at that spot on every team. Not that'd be likely to trade with each other, but he'd be the 5th best D-man in TO and probably 4th in MTL

Who cares where he slots in Tor/Mont because
they wont be trading for him.

He is by far the highest paid #7 Dman on IMO the six legit contenders.

If Moore is on the roster after the deadline, it will be because Gryz was traded.
He'll still be #7 on the roster at that point. $2.7M for your #7 is at least
$1M too much.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Great profession and well compensated, good for you.:thumbu:

Kreider over toffoli easily, but your going to anti up a lot more and there will be a lot more suitors for him. While Toffoli may just be the answer,but at nearly the cost.

My man is Craig Smith who rolls in around the toffoli value, but has more grit and can put the puck in the net.

I would disagree about the comparative costs for Toffoli versus Smith. Toffoli isn't outscoring Smith by much, but he's more valuable to his team. Among forwards, Toffoli is 5th in TOI for LA (both overall and even strength). Smith, on the other hand, is 10th overall, and 11th even strength. He's basically being treated as a 4th liner (who gets PP time).

think you and I are alone on the Smith train, I like him too friend, one of those guys who won`t have fans planning parade`s but a guy I envision fitting in seamlessly

I mentioned Smith (and Granlund) as an option from Nashville last night. I think the one question is whether Nashville is selling. They're 6 points out of a playoff spot, but they have 5 games in hand on Vegas. Based on current point %, they're only on pace to miss the playoffs by 1 point. The playoff/point projections I've seen still expect them to make it.

Part of the problem is that you look around the league, and there aren't a ton of teams that are definitely out of it. Assuming they're not trading within the division, you're looking at just the Rangers and Devils in the East, and then the Sharks, Ducks, and Kings in the West, with the Wild on the edge. It's a shame they probably won't trade within the division, because you're missing out on four sellers there.

Reactions: Lo97

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
If you look at the teams that are most likely to make a push to acquire at the deadline, I think it's less than 10, especially if its acquiring UFA's.
1. Boston
2. Washington
3. Tampa Bay
4. Pittsburgh
5. St. Louis
6. Dallas
7. Colorado
8. Vegas
Arizona, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Florida, Islanders will likely be a wait and see closer to the deadline.

I can see Pens looking to add something significant upfront.
St. Louis will be getting Tarasenko back in march so that may be enough upfront
Vegas I think will look to fix their blueline and maybe a quality back up over Subban

Kreider- Bos/Wash/Pitts/Dallas/Colorado I feel would be all interested........TB may not have their 1st
Toffoli- He's a guy that will likely go for cheaper than the big guns so most if not all playoffs teams will be interested
Palmierei- Similar list to Kreider

I think Bruins need to act fast and not wait for a bidding war, assuming these guys are available.
TB playing Tor/Flor would make for an entertaining series in which I could see going the distance.
Getting 1st seed in the Atlantic and playing a team like Carolina or NYI I think bodes well for us. carolina is very soft, Islanders play heavy but I think they're a good match up

We add a 2nd line winger.......LW or RW if Debrusk is going to play with Coyle, then add some heaviness to lines 3 or 4, I think we'll be set up front.
The defence is a little more tricky. I believe Krug plays a big part of how we approach the deadline. If we know he's a 8-9 million dollar guy, you have to get assets for him now instead of letting him walk for free. I know that sounds crazy when we're talking about loading up for playoffs but Krug is an important chip and if we can turn him into a 1st+ young forward, its gotta happen.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The Bruins also have an extremely deep defense with at least 8 or 9 guys who could possibly play top 6. We are probably ignorant to other teams defensive woes, since we've been spoiled by this depth. Moore isn't a 7/8 defenseman on most teams in this league. There are teams that could use him in their top 6 or even top 4.

This is what I've been thinking about. You look around the league and there are a number of teams that don't have defensive depth at their #5/6 spots. Moore may be the #7 D here, but he's definitely a top 6 defenseman on almost every other team in the league. The Bruins don't have to trade him, so I don't think there's any concern about him having negative trade value.

The reality is that they're probably not trading a player off the roster because that just doesn't seem like something Sweeney does. I think in his mind, if he trades a roster player, then he'd just have to make another trade to replace them, since he's probably not just looking for an upgrade, but an actual addition to the current roster.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Sweeney should also tell his trade partner GM (if history is any indicator) whichever forward the Bruins trade will automatically increase their point production with their new team.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would think youd need a 1st attached to Danton to land Kreider maybe conditional on him resigning with the Bs.

Yeah I kind of agree with The don godfather the price will probably be to high, let someone else pay it, as they're other options out there that could help the bruins win a cup.

its a deep draft though and if a proven mid twenties NHL player and a second round pick doesn't get it done for a pending UFA, Id move on and more than likely someone else will over-pay.

Reactions: bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm sure a package of let's say danton heinen and a 2nd round pick gets you something solid.

If kreider only costs you heinen and a 2nd, make that deal now, however I believe it is much steeper than that.

however I’m really not a fan of dealing anyone that’s currently playing big minutes on this team. I’d rather deal prospects and draft picks and add to what we currently have.

especially since that would mean cassidy would stop tinkering with lines as much and sliding players everywhere which would allow for more chemistry.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would disagree about the comparative costs for Toffoli versus Smith. Toffoli isn't outscoring Smith by much, but he's more valuable to his team. Among forwards, Toffoli is 5th in TOI for LA (both overall and even strength). Smith, on the other hand, is 10th overall, and 11th even strength. He's basically being treated as a 4th liner (who gets PP tim

Id take either, but I actually like smith more, just because of his grit, but I'd take toffoli as well.

I also think its hard to compare the two as far as time of ice is concerned as Smith is on a much better team with the likes of Duchene,Josi,Ellis,Arvidsson,Johansen and Forsberg some real high end talent there all in their prime something the Kings don't have and Smith still has one less goal scored than Toffoli on the year.

The Preds also have some skilled vets in Granlund Bonino,jankrok and Turris.

I'd be happy with one or other, and I wouldn't put one that far ahead of the other, but for me Id take smith if I had a choice.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Gorton is sneaky that's why I want to donny to stay away from him. Donny got bent over with that nash deal. He gave up 1st round pick and lindgren and that was for clunker nash. Kreider is in his prime. He's gonna ask for the moon.

That was a good trade. Nash got concussed during his Bruins stint. I'd make that trade again.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Here's an idea: get Toffoli here for the 31st (since, you know, Sweeney has the trade in his "back pocket") and see how things go. See if he gels, and then re-assess with an eye towards the TDL.
I think we can get Toffoli without giving up a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad