Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
so bruins could've had kovalchuk for free and now you want them to trade a 3rd round pick
for him? holy hell :laugh:

@KrejciMVP isn't really far off though.

The problem is that most teams that may have had interest in Kovy had their hands tied. I know $700K sounds like peanuts in the grand scheme of things, but those teams were almost all into LTIR and most will at one point need to clear cap space to fit their players in when they become healthy. So it becomes tricky. Add to that, it's a 35+ contract, so it's not like they could wipe it off the books if the Kovy test failed.

He'll come with what, a $250K cap hit at trade deadline? We may be surprised how many teams would be willing to pay a third rounder for another team (Montreal) to take the risk on him and see if he can still produce. And now, for a point per game player?

Then there are teams like Dallas, NYI, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Philly, Edmonton, who if they had signed him and taken that "risk", would have their hands tied on trade deadline for minimal contract spots available.

The Bruins as an example, had they signed Kovy, would be at 48 contracts. Bring one other player in and you're not moving a contract out, your at 49. That takes you right out of the College free agent targets at the end of the NCAA season. (I'm looking at you Alec Rauhauser).

I'm fine with moving a third for him now while Montreal took the risk on him, in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think the Bruins will. But I can certainly understand why.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’m in the camp more doesn’t suck. Until I see who is traded, injury statuses, and KRUG contract I’m not purging anyone

I agree that Moore doesn't suck, but paying any 7/8
Dman 2.7M after waiving a guy on your cap for 4.9M
absolutely does.

I get it, when they signed Moore he was looked at as
a legit contributing 5/6. But it was obvious last spring
he was #7 and Lauzon looks like #7 right now, at a lot less cost.

I don't dislike Moore or Gryz as players. What seems preferable is a #7/8 be paid 800-1M and a LD that can handle the heavy forecheck game that Wash/StL
and even TB will bring. So if their only move is to
trade Moore that's ok as Lauzon is suited to
Wash/STL and Gryz is suited to Colorado and Toronto.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

The problem is that most teams that may have had interest in Kovy had their hands tied. I know $700K sounds like peanuts in the grand scheme of things, but those teams were almost all into LTIR and most will at one point need to clear cap space to fit their players in when they become healthy. So it becomes tricky. Add to that, it's a 35+ contract, so it's not like they could wipe it off the books if the Kovy test failed.

He'll come with what, a $250K cap hit at trade deadline? We may be surprised how many teams would be willing to pay a third rounder for another team (Montreal) to take the risk on him and see if he can still produce. And now, for a point per game player?

Then there are teams like Dallas, NYI, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Philly, Edmonton, who if they had signed him and taken that "risk", would have their hands tied on trade deadline for minimal contract spots available.

The Bruins as an example, had they signed Kovy, would be at 48 contracts. Bring one other player in and you're not moving a contract out, your at 49. That takes you right out of the College free agent targets at the end of the NCAA season. (I'm looking at you Alec Rauhauser).

I'm fine with moving a third for him now while Montreal took the risk on him, in the grand scheme of things.

I hope the Bruins get him!
Alec Rauhauser at eliteprospects.com

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
For win the cup and many many years good teams

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Kreider Kreci ( Studnicka or Senyshen )
Khaira Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Nurse Ristolainen
Grzelcyk Miller or Lauzon Or Cliffton

no team can intimidate us by having a lot of talent
next years Vakalainen play with Ristolanainen for many years

Trade : McAvoy for Ristolainen
Krug ,Moore and Nordstrom for Nurse and Khaira
Heinen ,1 pick 2020 Cehlarick for Kreider
when chara retires we will have defenders able to defend our players Nurse, Ristolainen, Lauzon
P / s McAvoy is no longer the same player he does not want to be hit

Future Future Future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Is the trade deadline over? Team chemistry counts for something ..
Watch him play defence, he doesn’t. He is the go to guy in Montreal. Would he be hear? They play so loosey goosey it isn’t even funny. It’s a no pressure situation in hab land. sSweeney and company did nothing wrong. By the way how many points has Kuhlman had since he’s been back in way less minutes?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I agree that Moore doesn't suck, but paying any 7/8
Dman 2.7M after waiving a guy on your cap for 4.9M
absolutely does.

I get it, when they signed Moore he was looked at as
a legit contributing 5/6. But it was obvious last spring
he was #7 and Lauzon looks like #7 right now, at a lot less cost.

I don't dislike Moore or Gryz as players. What seems preferable is a #7/8 be paid 800-1M and a LD that can handle the heavy forecheck game that Wash/StL
and even TB will bring. So if their only move is to
trade Moore that's ok as Lauzon is suited to
Wash/STL and Gryz is suited to Colorado and Toronto.
I let it all play out and after season see what we have

it would really suck to lose Lauzon to expansion and have traded away a player who could help or be used in an expansion team deal

No need to do that now - Grzelcyk got crushed infront of me last night and was in lot of pain I believe left shoulder

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Khaira Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Nurse Ristolainen

when chara retires we will have defenders able to defend our players Nurse, Ristolainen, Lauzon

Turn off your Playstation.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

We won’t need him after the Palmeiri deal

my source tell me noticeable uptick in Ryan Fitzgerald play

will be part of deal

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Khaira Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Nurse Ristolainen

I dont what this really is but your "ps" is a really awful take.

Reactions: Lo97

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
We won’t need him after the Palmeiri deal

my source tell me noticeable uptick in Ryan Fitzgerald play

will be part of deal

I heard Tom Fitzgerald speak yesterday and he said "I am just now contacting all the GM's that had had discussions with Ray (Shero) to see where discussions stood and if there is still interest."

Two things I take from that:

1) It sounds as though he is saying he was never kept in the loop about discussions that Shero was having and as an AGM, I find it odd that he was not kept up to date. (Maybe one of the reasons Shero was let go?)

2) Doesn't sound to me like there have been any meaningful discussions with any team since Fitzgerald took over.

Can't see any reason why TF would make that up. If you can, let me know!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Watch him play defence, he doesn’t. He is the go to guy in Montreal. Would he be hear? They play so loosey goosey it isn’t even funny. It’s a no pressure situation in hab land. sSweeney and company did nothing wrong. By the way how many points has Kuhlman had since he’s been back in way less minutes?

huh? Think you’re responding to the wrong guy. Lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I let it all play out and after season see what we have

it would really suck to lose Lauzon to expansion and have traded away a player who could help or be used in an expansion team deal

No need to do that now - Grzelcyk got crushed infront of me last night and was in lot of pain I believe left shoulder

Looks like you have more confidence in Rask, Bergeron, and Krejci maintaining their level of play beyond 2021 than I do, so if I thought like you I can agree with your reasoning.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Your not getting Laine straight up for McAvoy , maybe Nylander depending how desperate TML are for defence.

are the leafs adding anything to this deal?? McAvoy value is double that of Nylander.

I can’t believe how under appreciated McAvoy is around here. He is the Bruins #1 dman, Nylander is a 2nd line winger ffs and would be that in Boston. Give your damn heads a shake.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Buying him out would cost I think $300k a year
for the next 6 years. Not a great thought, but
if he was the only buried contract you could live with it.
But 6 years says thats unlikely.

I was talking about buying him out towards the end of his contract, not this summer. My point is I feel like Sweeney won't ever move on from him.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
The Bruins also have an extremely deep defense with at least 8 or 9 guys who could possibly play top 6. We are probably ignorant to other teams defensive woes, since we've been spoiled by this depth. Moore isn't a 7/8 defenseman on most teams in this league. There are teams that could use him in their top 6 or even top 4.
just curious, what makes you believe that Moore is a top 4 on any team in the NHL? the way he has played he probably doesnt crack 70% of other teams top 6. Lauzon should bump Moore down the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad