Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
thinking, sweeney should look at moving :
nordstrom, moore, JFK, Backes, ritchie, lindholm, kampfer, (7)
for whatever he can get.
stand pat and have a run with the rest.
fredric, senyshen, steen, studnicka, vuakaninen, lauzon, bjork, khulman, blidth, would not move anyone of these guys.

Our prospect pool is usually ranked 25th best or later depending on who you talk to. I think we'd be fine moving a couple of those JAGs

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
thinking, sweeney should look at moving :
nordstrom, moore, JFK, Backes, ritchie, lindholm, kampfer, (7)
for whatever he can get.
stand pat and have a run with the rest.
fredric, senyshen, steen, studnicka, vuakaninen, lauzon, bjork, khulman, blidth, would not move anyone of these guys.

I'm trying to picture a deal where Khulman, Senyshyn, or Blidh is the sticking point. Gotta be a low-level deal I would think.

Reactions: lopey and bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Moore
Grizz

Could be trade bait . But you can’t get a lot for Moore but if they take the contract that’s a plus.. Grizz you can get something but not what you think. I like the fact that they brought up Lauzon it’s a smart move will they stick with it or send him down after one game and never see him again for a month.
I think they can get a good player back for Grizz, not long ago Dom mentioned talking with a scout and he said Grizz is the most underrated Dman in the league. I think he has far more value on the market than some here seem to think.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This is kinda a bad scenario as what team would trade a young C/RW for an unproven prospect?
But in your example, I think it would be a bad idea solely on the cost control of the player. Studnicka on an ELC is greater to an organization with little cap room than having Elias Lindholm on the roster.

I don't think Studnicka is completely untouchable, even Gretzky was traded. But I think he is virtually on the untouchable list unless someone tosses an absurd offer at Sweeney.

For example: (here is a conversation starter) Would you trade Studnicka in a package for Laine?

Depending on the full package and assuming I can make the cap work, 100% I'd do it. But I'd put Laine in that category with Pastnrak, McAvoy & Carlo as your sub 25yr old core. I mean you're talking about a guy that would give you two sub 25yr old RW's capable of netting 35+ a year. With Krejci (1yr) & Bergeron (2yr) its an all-in move to get another cup. Then two years from now you'd expect Frederic to be ready and Beecher. The year after Bergeron's deal expired and assuming he retired you'd have Coyle, Beecher, Frederic down the middle. This of course assumes no trades or signings to fill those center roles.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm trying to picture a deal where Khulman, Senyshyn, or Blidh is the sticking point. Gotta be a low-level deal I would think.
Another team’s Kuhlman, Senyshyn or Blidh.

A high/semi-high prospect is most likely going to be included in any deal worth while.

Blidh is a dime-a-dozen player, he certainly shouldn’t be untouchable.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I would agree that those three are, for me, untouchable. As for Debrusk, I've mentioned that he's probably Boston's best bet to land a top-six RW. Would Anaheim be willing to do a one-for-one hockey trade, sending Richard Rakell to Boston and Debrusk going the other way? It would address a need for both teams.

Sam Reinhart? :naughty: But, isn't the bolded basically describing Studnicka?

Well no because the only way Studnicka is making this team is as a center. I believe it was Sweeney who made the comment that if he was going to make the team is would be as a center.

Reactions: Estlin

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Well no because the only way Studnicka is making this team is as a center. I believe it was Sweeney who made the comment that if he was going to make the team is would be as a center.
I’m sure that’s a bit disappointing for Stud to hear when he looks at the center spots available in the near future.

I hope he has patience.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Talk about overrating a prospect.

Laine will score 30-40 goals a season for the next decade, and that probably a conservative estimate. He's improved his skating and overall game this season while still possessing arguably the best release on planet earth.

I wouldn't put money on Studnicka ever cracking 30 goals. And I'm a fan of his game.

I believe the original poster said in combo with another roster player. I didn’t say who. Btw I don’t rank stud as high as some folk do here.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Krejci has 1 yr left, Bergeron has 2yr left. If they wanted to move Coyle to RW they could call him up now.

That would be terrible asset management by Sweeney.

Coyle if he's not the best third line center in the league he's top three and too hold Studnicka back because the Bruins are deep down the middle, when he could ultimately make them a better team by playing second line wing, it just doesn't make sense. I'd like to see a link where Sweeney actually stated this.

Players are asked to play out of position all the time, for the betterment of the team and their overall development. The more versatile they are, the better and I just don't see Sweeney neglecting this aspect for any player in the Bruins system.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
That would be terrible asset management by Sweeney.

Coyle if he's not the best third line center in the league he's top three and too hold Studnicka back because the Bruins are deep down the middle, when he could ultimately make them a better team by playing second line wing, it just doesn't make sense. I'd like to see a link where Sweeney actually stated this.

Players are asked to play out of position all the time, for the betterment of the team and their overall development. The more versatile they are, the better and I just don't see Sweeney neglecting this aspect for any player in the Bruins system.

I don't see this as the case as well. If anything it would be an easier transition for Studnicka playing alongside Coyle and picking the brains of Bergy and Krejci as often as he can.
He would be fun to watch on the wing with his speed and determination, I'd like to see him given a shot there.I mean the bottom line is to win games and if by playing stud as a RW for the bruins, accomplishes this, why not do it.

Reactions: Oates2Neely and TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't see this as the case as well. If anything it would be an easier transition for Studnicka playing alongside Coyle and picking the brains of Bergy and Krejci as often as he can.
He would be fun to watch on the wing with his speed and determination, I'd like to see him given a shot there.I mean the bottom line is to win games and if by playing stud as a RW for the bruins, accomplishes this, why not do it.

Not sure why they wouldn't let him play RW, I believe he played RW for u20's last year and looked good. I put this in the same box as why they insist Senyshyn play a 3rd/4th line in Providence when he's shown he can be a productive NHL player.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

No doubt!

If the bruins brass feels he's ready for the big time, I don't see them holding him back. Not buying that Sweeney says he will only play as a center. It doesn't make sense when your trying to win a cup.

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
But that’s exactly what they did last year, they made it to the final with that set of Dmen. So yeah, you can win playoff hockey with those Dmen. I think it’s way more valuable to have a Gryz who can skate the puck out & better transition it, than an Edmundson type stay at home lumbering dman. The latest string of 3rd period collapses is a team problem, not just on the D.

The Bruins managed to get to the finals by only having to play against only one somewhat heavy forecheck team in Columbus. Even then how many shifts did the Bruins have to defend over 30 seconds trying to exit their zone.
I've seen enough this year that tells me that potentially going against teams like Tampa, Washington is going to grind our defence down. I don't want to have to rely on having Kampfer come in due to the inevitable injury.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not a doubt in my mind John Moore is going and soon.Lauzon up and this baloney about He is physical by Bruins etc.Geez everyone has been saying it for a while yet no call up but now your trying to tell us same thing :laugh:.Lauzon called up at same time there is no cap space going into break and need help up front..:badidea:Can see this a mile away.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not a doubt in my mind John Moore is going and soon.Lauzon up and this balomey about He is physical by Bruins etc.Geez everyone has been saying it for a while yet no call up but now your trying to tell us same thing :laugh:.Lauzon called up at same time there is no cap space going into break and need help up front..:badidea:Can see this a mile away.
Hope your right.
But, its odd though that their playing him on the right-side now. Maybe there's another team interested in him and they want to see how he plays at the NHL level over there.

Eventually Clifton will be back and maybe miller so I also find the timing puzzling. I like lauzon and don't want him moved, but Id much rather see him playing the left side adding some much needed snarl and bite over there.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don't see any of the bruins prospects being grade A. I really don't.

I think there's a handful who will be good to very good NHL players, but none of them who will be a legit star.

I hope Im wrong of course, and Beecher turns into a Mark Messier clone.:)

You never know. People here were saying the same thing heading into the 2007 draft, that we had no high profile players in our prospect pool, no grade A blue chippers yet hidden among the Lashoffs, Karsums and Yuri Alexandrovs we had Marchand, Krejci and Lucic. Do you really think you have a handle on what Berglund will become? Or Quinn Olson?

I look at our prospect pool and I see 10 guys who I think have a strong shot at becoming NHL'ers (7 of them play in Providence). Some of these guys will underperform, some will find their way as middle of the lineup guys and a few will overachieve.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like John Moore is gonna be on this team until they buy him out or let the contract expire.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You never know. People here were saying the same thing heading into the 2007 draft, that we had no high profile players in our prospect pool, no grade A blue chippers yet hidden among the Lashoffs, Karsums and Yuri Alexandrovs we had Marchand, Krejci and Lucic. Do you really think you have a handle on what Berglund will become? Or Quinn Olson?

I look at our prospect pool and I see 10 guys who I think have a strong shot at becoming NHL'ers (7 of them play in Providence). Some of these guys will underperform, some will find their way as middle of the lineup guys and a few will overachieve.

You never do know, that's true but for every Brad Marchand there's thousands who don't come close.

I like some of are prospects and of course hope they all over achieve and develop into high end NHLers but reality tells me thats not going to happen and I wouldn't as of today call anyone of them a Grade A prospect. Therefore I don't see any of them as being untouchable and would easily move anyone of them in the right deal.

Reactions: Lo97

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
27 days unlit the deadline.

I think Heinen and Moore be traded out to create cap space (and the guys coming back will have salary retained).

I think a lot of filler prospects get "thrown in" to deals to thin out the herd.

I think they move either a 1st or one highly regarded prospect.

I think they pick up as many as 3 pieces, one significant addition and two complimentary adds (F & D).

I think they add one of the complimentary pieces first, and HF Bruins goes apeshit, thinking that's all there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad