Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
totally stupid question but I`ve been known to ask a few in my time so here it goes. When a NHL team is on it`s bye week, would I be correct in assuming that they are/can still make a deal correct? Being on a bye doesn`t exclude them from making trades right? Thx, see, told ya it was a stupid question

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
totally stupid question but I`ve been known to ask a few in my time so here it goes. When a NHL team is on it`s bye week, would I be correct in assuming that they are/can still make a deal correct? Being on a bye doesn`t exclude them from making trades right? Thx, see, told ya it was a stupid question
That is correct they can still make deals.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
But would you say that Studnicka, Keyser or Swayman are part of the future core? Now could they be once they put a few years of NHL service is? sure, it all depends on how development goes. But if we could land a young C/RW who could play RW now and slide to center when Bergy/Krejci retire would I trade Studnicka, hell yes I would. Now does that player exists? That's a different question, but falls into the trade for the right deal category.

I don't like to use the term untouchable, but core guys imo are players that you'd need an over-payment to trade.

I can't say that. The only reason I would make them untouchable is because of their positions more than just their talent or prospective upsides. I would be wary of trading Studnicka merely because of our prospect depth on center is not IMO strong. Same with goaltender. I am not sold on Vladar and Keyser/Swayman are way too early to make any judgments on. Would Sweeney consider them in a trade if the right offer comes along?

No

I don't think he would. Don, to me, is a GM who puts the longevity of the success of the franchise ahead of the current season's success. He is going to make more money for Jacobs that way and thus keep his job better doing that than bringing a championship(as odd as that sounds.) I am not accusing him of Sinden-esc tactics, but I think his mandate from jacobs is quite clear. Keep Boston in the running as a perennial contender while you can. Because of that, I see Don protecting certain prospects for the future when we start seeing core players retire.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
But that’s exactly what they did last year, they made it to the final with that set of Dmen. So yeah, you can win playoff hockey with those Dmen. I think it’s way more valuable to have a Gryz who can skate the puck out & better transition it, than an Edmundson type stay at home lumbering dman. The latest string of 3rd period collapses is a team problem, not just on the D.

Do you think our lack of physical Dmen hurt us in last years playoffs ? I think it played a big role in losing to the Blues. I am saying, I would fell more comfortable trading at least one of Griz, Krug or Moore and bringing up Lauzon . Using the asset received in the trade to help us at RW

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Do you think our lack of physical Dmen hurt us in last years playoffs ? I think it played a big role in losing to the Blues. I am saying, I would fell more comfortable trading at least one of Griz, Krug or Moore and bringing up Lauzon . Using the asset received in the trade to help us at RW
Moore
Grizz

Could be trade bait . But you can’t get a lot for Moore but if they take the contract that’s a plus.. Grizz you can get something but not what you think. I like the fact that they brought up Lauzon it’s a smart move will they stick with it or send him down after one game and never see him again for a month.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
When talking about trading young players/prospect, who are the guys that are part of the future core in everyone opinion? Now by core I mean you're going to build around, not necessarily who you thinking is going to be good. For example, I think DeBrusk is going to be a good player, but I don't feel like he's a guy you need to build around.

If I'm looking at the 25yr and under guys, for me its Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo right now. Everyone else I'd trade in the right deal.
Me too . Players that I’ve seen for awhile that I know what they can and can’t do. They have more plus over minus.

Agree

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
First of all wild aren't trading kunin! Eric Staal has no trade clause. Foligno could bring back wild 1sy round pick. So can Dumba who can also bring back young top 6 prospects. This trash offers for wild players is laughable

Foligno is a throw in to any trade the Wild make because on his own, as a 3rd 4th liner on a good team he isn't fetching more than a mid round pick.

member 96824

I’ll never say never because there was a point where this board said they wouldn’t trade Tyler Seguin for Drew Doughty because he was the next Yzerman and then 18 months later were okay with him being gone for a couple pennies.

I’ll never say never because there was a point where this board said they wouldn’t trade Dougie Hamilton because he was the next Larry Robinson, had the highest IQ, great work ethic, etc. and then soon after were okay with him being gone for draft picks.

I’m all for bold, but have little patience for being shortsighted. If they were to move Charlie, it better be for a f***ing shitload that maximizes the Bergeron window AND benefits the Bruins in the long term because that’s what McAvoy is right now. I just don’t think that’s happening. Anything short of that should cost Cam his job.

Last edited by a moderator:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I can't say that. The only reason I would make them untouchable is because of their positions more than just their talent or prospective upsides. I would be wary of trading Studnicka merely because of our prospect depth on center is not IMO strong. Same with goaltender. I am not sold on Vladar and Keyser/Swayman are way too early to make any judgments on. Would Sweeney consider them in a trade if the right offer comes along?

No

I don't think he would. Don, to me, is a GM who puts the longevity of the success of the franchise ahead of the current season's success. He is going to make more money for Jacobs that way and thus keep his job better doing that than bringing a championship(as odd as that sounds.) I am not accusing him of Sinden-esc tactics, but I think his mandate from jacobs is quite clear. Keep Boston in the running as a perennial contender while you can. Because of that, I see Don protecting certain prospects for the future when we start seeing core players retire.

I'm going to just take Swayman/Keyser out of the discussion because goalies don't tend to being traded or hold much value to begin with. To me, goalies are just a different category. As for Studnicka, you would trade him if you were getting a young player back that could play C/RW and help you now and in the future?

For example if Studnicka was used in a deal for say someone like Elias Lindholm, you wouldn't do it? 25yr old C/RW that over the last 2.5 seasons avg out to a 25G/35A player. Signed for just under $5 million for 4 more years.

Reactions: Lo97

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
But that’s exactly what they did last year, they made it to the final with that set of Dmen. So yeah, you can win playoff hockey with those Dmen. I think it’s way more valuable to have a Gryz who can skate the puck out & better transition it, than an Edmundson type stay at home lumbering dman. The latest string of 3rd period collapses is a team problem, not just on the D.

Yeah, but remember 2 years ago they had Gryz and Krug
against TB and after winning G1 were swept and Krug
was put out of the series. Better than even chance they
play TB and one of Wash/Pitt. They need a bigger body
better than Edmundson.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm going to just take Swayman/Keyser out of the discussion because goalies don't tend to being traded or hold much value to begin with. To me, goalies are just a different category. As for Studnicka, you would trade him if you were getting a young player back that could play C/RW and help you now and in the future?

For example if Studnicka was used in a deal for say someone like Elias Lindholm, you wouldn't do it? 25yr old C/RW that over the last 2.5 seasons avg out to a 25G/35A player. Signed for just under $5 million for 4 more years.

This is kinda a bad scenario as what team would trade a young C/RW for an unproven prospect?
But in your example, I think it would be a bad idea solely on the cost control of the player. Studnicka on an ELC is greater to an organization with little cap room than having Elias Lindholm on the roster.

I don't think Studnicka is completely untouchable, even Gretzky was traded. But I think he is virtually on the untouchable list unless someone tosses an absurd offer at Sweeney.

For example: (here is a conversation starter) Would you trade Studnicka in a package for Laine?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This is kinda a bad scenario as what team would trade a young C/RW for an unproven prospect?
But in your example, I think it would be a bad idea solely on the cost control of the player. Studnicka on an ELC is greater to an organization with little cap room than having Elias Lindholm on the roster.

I don't think Studnicka is completely untouchable, even Gretzky was traded. But I think he is virtually on the untouchable list unless someone tosses an absurd offer at Sweeney.

For example: (here is a conversation starter) Would you trade Studnicka in a package for Laine?

for Draistle yes not high on Laine.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah, but remember 2 years ago they had Gryz and Krug
against TB and after winning G1 were swept and Krug
was put out of the series. Better than even chance they
play TB and one of Wash/Pitt. They need a bigger body
better than Edmundson.

Josh Manson would be ideal.

Get him and Kase from the Ducks for Grizz and a prospect or two.
Send Heinen and Kuhlman to the Kings for Clifford and Toffoli

2019-20 Stanley Cup Champs

Marchy Bergy Pasta
DeBrusk krejci Toffli
Bjork Coyle Kase
Clifford Kuraly Wagner

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Lauzon Manson
Moore Clifton
Kampfer

Rask Halak

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
When talking about trading young players/prospect, who are the guys that are part of the future core in everyone opinion? Now by core I mean you're going to build around, not necessarily who you thinking is going to be good. For example, I think DeBrusk is going to be a good player, but I don't feel like he's a guy you need to build around.

If I'm looking at the 25yr and under guys, for me its Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo right now. Everyone else I'd trade in the right deal.

I would agree that those three are, for me, untouchable. As for Debrusk, I've mentioned that he's probably Boston's best bet to land a top-six RW. Would Anaheim be willing to do a one-for-one hockey trade, sending Richard Rakell to Boston and Debrusk going the other way? It would address a need for both teams.

But would you say that Studnicka, Keyser or Swayman are part of the future core? Now could they be once they put a few years of NHL service is? sure, it all depends on how development goes. But if we could land a young C/RW who could play RW now and slide to center when Bergy/Krejci retire would I trade Studnicka, hell yes I would. Now does that player exists? That's a different question, but falls into the trade for the right deal category.

Sam Reinhart? :naughty: But, isn't the bolded basically describing Studnicka?

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
thinking, sweeney should look at moving :
nordstrom, moore, JFK, Backes, ritchie, lindholm, kampfer, (7)
for whatever he can get.
stand pat and have a run with the rest.
fredric, senyshen, steen, studnicka, vuakaninen, lauzon, bjork, khulman, blidth, would not move anyone of these guys.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
for Draistle yes not high on Laine.

Talk about overrating a prospect.

Laine will score 30-40 goals a season for the next decade, and that probably a conservative estimate. He's improved his skating and overall game this season while still possessing arguably the best release on planet earth.

I wouldn't put money on Studnicka ever cracking 30 goals. And I'm a fan of his game.

Reactions: Lo97 and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Talk about overrating a prospect.

Laine will score 30-40 goals a season for the next decade, and that probably a conservative estimate. He's improved his skating and overall game this season while still possessing arguably the best release on planet earth.

I wouldn't put money on Studnicka ever cracking 30 goals. And I'm a fan of his game.

I don't see any of the bruins prospects being grade A. I really don't.

I think there's a handful who will be good to very good NHL players, but none of them who will be a legit star.

I hope Im wrong of course, and Beecher turns into a Mark Messier clone.:)

Reactions: BruinDust and Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad