Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Would you rather have Kreider or Palmieri?

Tough choice.

I like Kreider as a player more, he hits a lot more, he has elite speed, and would be a nice addition to PP1 as the net front presence.

Palmieri shoots right and is signed for 1 more year so we get more bang for the buck in the trade.

At the end of the day, I would go for the guy I think is the better player. I know shooting right has value, but I really don't mind DeBrusk (or Bjork) on the right.

EDIT: The other thing to consider here, is whether or not Cassiy is willing to give DeBrusk and Coyle a real shot at playing together. IMO it completely changes the dynamic in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Tough choice.

I like Kreider as a player more, he hits a lot more, he has elite speed, and would be a nice addition to PP1 as the net front presence.

Palmieri shoots right and is signed for 1 more year so we get more bang for the buck in the trade.

At the end of the day, I would go for the guy I think is the better player. I know shooting right has value, but I really don't mind DeBrusk (or Bjork) on the right.

EDIT: The other thing to consider here, is whether or not Cassiy is willing to give DeBrusk and Coyle a real shot at playing together. IMO it completely changes the dynamic in the lineup.

Thanks Bill--Kreider would be my choice also. I think they can really use his size and physicality in the top 6. And a third line of DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork already looks good.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Kreider - Krejci - Heinen/Kuhlman
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I think Toffoli would be a great fit to compliment a Heinen-Krejci-X line since Bruce finally seems to be willing to move DeBrusk away from Krejci.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I think Kreider, Krejci, and Kuhlman is a great line. And let’s you play Debrusk, Coyle, and Bjork together. Maybe Heinen and a draft pick gets it done
Would we call that line the KKK line?
Based on the names obviously

Reactions: Lo97 and SPV

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Kreider and Palmieri are both great fits they both would be good. The chances of the Bruins getting one of them are unlikely. Just don’t see it happening.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I badly want to keep DeBrusk Coyle Bjork together, but Heinen Krejci Kuhlman isn’t good enough.

So do you need to replace both or one of those wingers?

Option 1: Add a RW and move Kuhlman down to the 4th line or pressbox.

Do you think you can find a RW good enough that you feel good about a Heinen and Krejci pair having enough goal scoring AND playoff toughness? You don’t need all your lines to be forechecking punishers (although would be nice), but you do need them to be able to stand up to the physicality coming at them. Does having Toffoli as a trigger man, for instance, make you feel confident enough in that line in June? What if you emptied the farm for Rakell?

OR

Option 2: Move Heinen and add a LW.

And by LW I only mean Kreider. Do you think if you add a goal scoring physical forechecking presence like Kreider, can the physical forechecking presence of Kuhlman (or even Senyshyn getting a look) be enough offense? No one is going to mistake Kreider for being a smart player, but he fits the big cycle mold Krejci has also had success with in the past and is fast enough to get in on the forecheck. He and Kuhlman would cause chaos for defenders. But can Kuhlman score enough?

OR

Option 3: Get TWO new wingers.
Do you have to replace both? And if so, how the heck do you fit that under the cap and what combo of names are you praying will just come together and work out? What if they don’t?

I could be convinced of 3. Being able to get both Kreider and Toffoli, for instance, seems like a tall order for your cap and your prospect pool. And you have no idea if it will mesh IRL.

Option 1, I just worry if there is enough skill or size. Plenty of smarts. But just not sure any of the names we have heard so far give that line enough skill to make up for their lack of size.

Option 2 is my preferred option. Worst case that line would punish opponents and be about as effective offensively as it already is. But Kreider is a much better cycle and puck control guy than DeBrusk. It should be a much better line (and letting your 3rd line be a matchup nightmare). And one that can score dirty playoff goals. And Kreider would slide right in to net front on PP1 making it even more scary. And I know there are opinions that are more popular, but I’d want a peek at Senyshyn riding the other wing, too.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
For win the cup and many many years good teams

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Kreider Kreci ( Studnicka or Senyshen )
Khaira Kuraly Wagner

Chara Carlo
Nurse Ristolainen
Grzelcyk Miller or Lauzon Or Cliffton

no team can intimidate us by having a lot of talent
next years Vakalainen play with Ristolanainen for many years

Trade : McAvoy for Ristolainen
Krug ,Moore and Nordstrom for Nurse and Khaira
Heinen ,1 pick 2020 Cehlarick for Kreider
when chara retires we will have defenders able to defend our players Nurse, Ristolainen, Lauzon
P / s McAvoy is no longer the same player he does not want to be hit

Future Future Future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want a lot better player than Risto for McAvoy so big no to that.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Would you rather have A or B

A - 1 of Krieder or Palmeiri

B - 2 0f Toffoli, Smith, Granlund,Pageau, Athanasiou, Saad,Kase......etc
I would go with B, as the guys in A will cost more and this way you can get two good players for maybe the cost of 1 in the top list and gives us more depth. Not really interested in Saad, but 2 of the others would be great.

Reactions: Strafer and BAD BOY

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I'd like to get Palmieri and Simmonds for Backes +Heinen + whatever it takes to even the deal out.

Gives Backes a year to mentor all those young Devils and stay in the NHL.

Bruins then roll out:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Bjork-Krejci-Palmierei
Debrusk-Coyle-Simmonds
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Lindholm/Nordstrom

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McAvoy
Gryzz-Lauzon
Moore-Miller

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I have been all about trading for a RW and Palmieri being the main target. After seeing the Debrusk-Coyle-Bjork line I don’t want to see them broken up. I feel like that line makes us such a deeper dynamic team and that line can stay together for a long time.

I’m also thinking that opens up a spot on Krejci’s left wing that Kreider would be a perfect fit for.

Kreider (50%)
For
Heinen, Zboril and 1st

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kreider-Krejci-Kuhlman
Debrusk-Coyle-Bjork
Frederic-Kurlay-Wagner
Nordstrom

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryz-Lauzon
Moore-Miller

I think similar to Coyle, Kreider will want resign here and could be a great fit playing with Studnicka on the second line in the future
I don't like giving up a 1st and neither does Sweeney, so make it a 2021 2nd and add another prospect like Senyshen for Georgiev.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Personally I would like to see them go for and hopefully get Palmieri. This would at least solidify the 2 rw for the rest of this season and next.

With Palmieri in place they could just concentrate on adding depth players with size and the ability to protect the current stars. Someone like Nicolas Deslauriers or similar in stature and who plays the same type of game.

If Kreider had another year under contract he would definitely be my pick.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Personally I would like to see them go for and hopefully get Palmieri. This would at least solidify the 2 rw for the rest of this season and next.

With Palmieri in place they could just concentrate on adding depth players with size and the ability to protect the current stars. Someone like Nicolas Deslauriers or similar in stature and wo plays the same type of game.

If Kreider had another year under contract he would definitely be my pick.
Say they get Palmeiri and Heinen in package

here are my lines next year

Marchand-Bergeron- Pastrnak
Bjork-Krejci-Palmeiri
DeBrusk-Coyle -Senyshyn

bottom 6 combo
Frederic
Studnicka
Kuhlman
Kuraly
Wagner
Blidh