Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
getting rid of 6 million dollar contracts that no one wants... without having to throw in any sweetners… is no easy feat

I will go on record now to predict Eberle will bounce around for the next 3-4 years as a guy everyone wants to get rid of from their team... he will be one of the top 10 guys mentioned in fantasy trades on the trade board.

in 3-4 years he will disappear altogether and no one will remember that much about him other than he had a pretty damn good showing at the wjc one upon a time

easily one of the softest players in the nhl… and someone that can suck the heart out of his team with his very very very weak play and his total lack of support to his teammates anytime the rough stuff happens

what were his career playoff numbers again after 8 seasons?

oh yeah... 13 games 0 goals/2 points a minus 6

teams were lining up a mile long to pay this kid 6 mill a season after that brilliant performance

I've seen numbers pretty similar to that from a guy who makes 6 mil.

They lost the Eberle trade hard. I think he stays in NY and plays with Barzal. They also wanted to run RNH out of town from the playoff run. He bounced back.

Reactions: maxl7

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

They lost the Eberle trade hard. I think he stays in NY and plays with Barzal. They also wanted to run RNH out of town from the playoff run. He bounced back.

there was lots of talk about rnh having a 'great season' last year...

in 62 games he did have 48 points... his career has seen him score 313 points in 457 games. its a bit strange that anyone was saying Hopkins had this really great season

I guess his faceoff % wasn't miles below 50%... and they moved him off center so he wasn't putting his team behind the 8ball with all those loses

he was actually a plus for the first time in 5 seasons so that's ok. man... if we were paying this guy 6 mill... man... man... wow... man... man... I just don't think that the fans here would be too keen on that.

backes didn't play with McDavid and went through concusions/that internal digestive surgery... managed 33 points in 57 games and we are all wanting him to retire... or throw in a good player to get rid of him

but for what its worth since you brought up Hopkins... as horrible as that contract is... and as very mediocre as his season was... he was still miles better than Eberle. miles better...

don't get me wrong... for a couple million dollars Eberle would be a fine third line scoring depth guy. you just don't want him anywhere near your core... not a leader... not one of your highest paid guys. hes like lee stempniak just a lot softer. sort of a modern day peter klima without so much flashy highlight making puck skills

oilers took a huge step forward moving him... but have a lot of ways left to go. I honestly think Hopkins could be salvaged in another place in another time. I wouldn't mind bringing him here and letting him see Bergeron up close... but his season last year wasn't any thing to brag about

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
there was lots of talk about rnh having a 'great season' last year...

in 62 games he did have 48 points... his career has seen him score 313 points in 457 games. its a bit strange that anyone was saying Hopkins had this really great season

I guess his faceoff % wasn't miles below 50%... and they moved him off center so he wasn't putting his team behind the 8ball with all those loses

he was actually a plus for the first time in 5 seasons so that's ok. man... if we were paying this guy 6 mill... man... man... wow... man... man... I just don't think that the fans here would be too keen on that.

backes didn't play with McDavid and went through concusions/that internal digestive surgery... managed 33 points in 57 games and we are all wanting him to retire... or throw in a good player to get rid of him

but for what its worth since you brought up Hopkins... as horrible as that contract is... and as very mediocre as his season was... he was still miles better than Eberle. miles better...

don't get me wrong... for a couple million dollars Eberle would be a fine third line scoring depth guy. you just don't want him anywhere near your core... not a leader... not one of your highest paid guys. hes like lee stempniak just a lot softer. sort of a modern day peter klima without so much flashy highlight making puck skills

oilers took a huge step forward moving him... but have a lot of ways left to go. I honestly think Hopkins could be salvaged in another place in another time. I wouldn't mind bringing him here and letting him see Bergeron up close... but his season last year wasn't any thing to brag about

Moved him. Missed playoffs. Huge step forward.

25-34-59 +5 on a very minus team

He had a fine year for a 2nd line RW. Far from the problem in NY. Their issue was their defense was non-existant.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

Man, it's almost as if writing the book on a player because of a small sample of games leads GMs to make regrettable decisions. Good thing we would never do that here. :sarcasm:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
my gripe with clark gilles is why is he in the hall of fame and terry oreilly isn't?

gillies 958 games... 319 goals... 697 points... a plus 245... 1025 pims
oreilly 891 games... 204 goals... 606 points... a plus 222... 2095 pims

you factor that powerhouse line gilles played on compared to the second line mates that oreilly was blessed with...

neither guy gets to the hof based on their offense.. its their grit/heart/character/toughness

no one is going to convince me gilles was the bigger heart/character

oreilly was by far the better defensive player.

so does it come down to the cup wins? is anyone telling me islanders wouldn't have won with oreilly? or that gilles would have been the difference maker if he was a bruin?

I was around when both these guys were at their prime... and oreilly was the better player. it burns me that gilles is in the hof and oreilly has never been close to getting in
Not that you're a wee bit biased, right Mike? ;)

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
how well did it or didn't it work? it certainly didn't benefit McDavid much... but why would it? does any winger benefit him?

how much does his production rate change depending on who plays with him? how much does his plus minus change depending on who plays with him?

have we found any wingers yet in Edmonton that benefit him? or any that slow him down? has he struggled with lucic on his wing?

McDavid doesn't really make his linemates better... other than maroon and draisailt… have any wingers really become special with him? ty rattie potted a few goals that bounced in off his butt and were put into an empty net... he figures to be one winger for McDavid next year... and ryan Hopkins... did that work?

anyhow... kuraly plays a MUCH MUCH MUCH different game than McDavid... kuraly puck pursues and crushes hits...

if there was a couple hound dogs close on his heals... going in the corner... crushing and destroying whatever poor fool was back there to retrieve the puck... setting up the cycle...

weve seen that before... they called it the legion of doom line... we saw it with lucic/Horton... that isn't ancent history im talking about

give the group a couple speedy dmen to limit the number of odd man rushes... put the guys out there in 3rd/4th line matchups...

comparing to McDavid and first line mins... is kind of ridiculous

if you don't like the idea... fine you don't like it... but the McDavid comparison is ridiculous without any real proof to back it up even if it wasn't ridiculous

The point was (and is) that Lucic is slow and isn't gonna get any faster. I want no part of him on any line for the Boston Bruins. His best days are behind him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
at 50% retained, I take Lucic for the 3rd line all day.

35 points, 250 hits, still a top 3 fighter

3M for 5 more seasons. No thanks. Who cares if he's a top 3 fighter? That's the farthest skill needed. I'd rather go with one of the young rookies on the 3rd line over Lucic. Seeing Lucic back in a Bruins uniform would be cool for the first 5 games, and then the nostalgia would wear off and you'd realize, 'shit we have 5 more years of this guy'.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
3M for 5 more seasons. No thanks. Who cares if he's a top 3 fighter? That's the farthest skill needed. I'd rather go with one of the young rookies on the 3rd line over Lucic. Seeing Lucic back in a Bruins uniform would be cool for the first 5 games, and then the nostalgia would wear off and you'd realize, '**** we have 5 more years of this guy'.

With that comes 5 more years of gliding around the ice. No thanks. Loved him in his prime and what he brought, but if fans think you're gonna see even 50% of #17 in his prime, they'll be disappointed

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Mark Stone was brought up a few pages back....he's one of my favorite non Bruins player in the league and is exactly what this team needs. Maybe if he is awarded a high salary in arbitration Eugene Melnyk will cheap out and tell Dorion to trade him. He'd have a big price tag but I'd pay it, get him here and give him the Pastrnak contract and we'd have the best right wingers in the league.

I'm hoping for an impact trade like this, but I'm expecting them to go into the season with what they have and I'll be happy with that. Just no stupid trades, either get an impact right winger or stand pat.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Mark Stone was brought up a few pages back....he's one of my favorite non Bruins player in the league and is exactly what this team needs. Maybe if he is awarded a high salary in arbitration Eugene Melnyk will cheap out and tell Dorion to trade him. He'd have a big price tag but I'd pay it, get him here and give him the Pastrnak contract and we'd have the best right wingers in the league.

I'm hoping for an impact trade like this, but I'm expecting them to go into the season with what they have and I'll be happy with that. Just no stupid trades, either get an impact right winger or stand pat.

I believe once you take arbitration you either agree or walk away can't trade for a year.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
3M for 5 more seasons. No thanks. Who cares if he's a top 3 fighter? That's the farthest skill needed. I'd rather go with one of the young rookies on the 3rd line over Lucic. Seeing Lucic back in a Bruins uniform would be cool for the first 5 games, and then the nostalgia would wear off and you'd realize, '**** we have 5 more years of this guy'.

because despite what you may want, its still a skill that matters in hockey. No matter how fast or skilled your team is, you still need some bruisers. Especially in the playoffs when space disappears and physical play elevates

Reactions: Dizzay

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
because despite what you may want, its still a skill that matters in hockey. No matter how fast or skilled your team is, you still need some bruisers. Especially in the playoffs when space disappears and physical play elevates

Fighting is not a skill that still matters in hockey. Having a "good fighter" gets you 5 minutes in the box, and that's it. Morale boosts can come from the player just dropping the gloves. Win/Loss doesn't merely factor into it enough to even reference it as a relevant attribute. Also, I'd consider a "bruiser" someone who hits and uses his body. In the playoffs, you need that. I agree. But you don't need a fighter in the playoffs. I don't understand why you'd reference that here.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Which Lucic are we getting? Early 20's Lucic? I'll take him.

End of Boston Lucic where his signature play was stand on defensive blueline on the break out, receive pass, try and bump it to Krejci in stride but miss 7/10 times and we get pinned in our zone again?

No thx.

PlinySR

Oct 12, 2017
New England
If they got rid of the instigator penalty then maybe you could say that, but today fights seem to happen and matter less than ever before.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I believe once you take arbitration you either agree or walk away can't trade for a year.

Did not know this, thanks for the heads up. That kind of sucks...so if Stone signs a one year deal through arbitration the Sens can't trade him at all next season? If he gets a one year deal won't he be a UFA next offseason? That sucks for the Sens. I have no idea how this works, clearly.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
at 50% retained, I take Lucic for the 3rd line all day.

35 points, 250 hits, still a top 3 fighter

He is only getting slower, I'll pass.

Having somebody tough is great, but they need to be able to play too. Tom Wilson type. I LOVE how Kevan Miller really worked on his play and he is a legitimate NHL defenseman now on top of being a tough dude. Lucic had his moment where he was an awesome scoring power-forward, but it seems like that time is fading.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lucic is the last thing the Bruins need right now, people wanting him back are remembering the young tough power forward he was for a few years, he ain't that anymore, he is not even that great a fighter anymore, you would just be adding a super slow player that does nothing well. Backes is slow also, but right now 10 times the player Lucic is. Milan was lucky it was Chia running things in Edmonton, because he will never see that kind of money ever again after his current deal is up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm curious to see if Lucic is going to do what he said he would, which was get leaner this off season. He was 240+ during the regular season last year, he said he wanted to get back to 220 where he was most of his time in Boston.

Also, Lucic is still a very good fighter ^

Reactions: Dizzay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad