Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How on earth is that the "smart money"? Do you think players never get worse?

I don't really know why I responded to him. The guy is referencing HockeyDB to argue players. He's saying that Tom Wilson is nothing more than a scrub 4th liner, but just had a solid season at 24 years old, and followed it up with a monster playoffs....Lucic was 23-24 years old when he finally hit the 30 goal mark. The season before, 50GP, 20P.

At worst, Tom Wilson has proven to be a solid 3rd line winger who can play up in the lineup if needed.

Reactions: Blowfish

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Anyone remember when some Edmonton fans on here were telling Bruins fans they were being dramatic about all the stuff with Chiarelli and it's overblown. I wonder if they still feel the same way?

Reactions: Strafer

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I don't really know why I responded to him. The guy is referencing HockeyDB to argue players. He's saying that Tom Wilson is nothing more than a scrub 4th liner, but just had a solid season at 24 years old, and followed it up with a monster playoffs....Lucic was 23-24 years old when he finally hit the 30 goal mark. The season before, 50GP, 20P.

At worst, Tom Wilson has proven to be a solid 3rd line winger who can play up in the lineup if needed.

Tom Wilson type of player would help the Bruins reach the next level for sure. I would take him in a heart beat.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Not only that, are the Oilers going to commit to having his dead money for the next decade? That's a big ask.
I realized That I was responding to a proposal where the Oilers retained salary for purposes of a trade. In that case, they would only have dead money for the duration of his contract, not a full decade as it would be in the case of a buyout. Still, would they want to carry his dead money for 5 years? Still a pretty big ask.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
No, buyout window closed on June 30.
I believe there are potentially two windows, I think there are some circumstances around those, like arbitration hearings for RFAs? But the team has to have that player. I don’t recall if it has to be team or player elected arbit, though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No, buyout window closed on June 30.

For the Oilers it did. Many teams still have a second buyout window because of player elected arbitration. Fortunately, the Rangers still have a second window.

Do the oil have a second buyout window? First one passed, correct?

Nice piece on scoutingpost

Thanks Travis. My brain still hurts from writing that one

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I believe there are potentially two windows, I think there are some circumstances around those, like arbitration hearings for RFAs? But the team has to have that player. I don’t recall if it has to be team or player elected arbit, though.
I didn't read far enough on CapFriendly. Here's what else they had to say:
Buyouts Outside of the Regular Period

Clubs whom have 1 or more arbitration filings may be permitted to perform a buyout outside of the regular window. This gives teams another opportunity to become cap compliant following an arbitration case.

As explained in Section 13(c)ii of the Standard Player Contract (SPC) [Exhibit 1 of the CBA], clubs are permitted to perform a buyout outside the regular period during the 48 hour period beginning on the third day after the final of a) settlement of the Club's final arbitration case. b) receipt of the Club's last arbitration award.

There is an exception to this buyout period (CBA Reference: Section 11.18; 12.3) if the arbitation was Club-elected (as opposed to player-elected) and the player did not receive a qualifying offer. In this case, a minimum of two arbitration cases are necessary to trigger the buy-out period outside the regular window.

The number of arbitration filings required to open the buy-out window outside the regular period are as follows:

Mininum Number of Arbitration Cases Required to Trigger a Buyout Window Outside of the Regular Period
Arbitration CaseMin. Number of Arbitration Cases
Player-Elected1
Club-Elected [Player received a Qualifying Offer]1
Club-Elected [Player did not receive a Qualifying Offer]2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins are linked to get sam Bennett. Please don get him. He's only 22 and full of potential . I feel hes a perfect bruin. Give them zboril and Lauzon or something like that. Not senyshyn.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Sam Bennett in Play. Tampa & Karlsson Deadline; Tues Buzzcast

Bruins interested in Bennett

Center | 6' 1" | 200 lb | Age: 22

82 games11 goals15 assists26 points-18
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2014 CGY, 1st rd, 4th pk (4th overall)

Bennett Struggling

Calgary moved him to left wing.

One year at $1,950,000 than RFA

What is he worth in a trade?

What is Sam Bennett?

Is he a center? Is he a LWer?

Because unless he's being acquired for a song, then I have no interest in him as a LWer. Bruins have enough guys now competing for essentially very few spots on LW now and moving forward. Guys I like better than Sam Bennett.

But if he's a C, then he's worth exploring. I still wouldn't give Calgary a big return for him at this stage, but I'd explore it.

The last thing the Bruins need is another Ryan Spooner situation where the player insists he's a C, but his performance says he's a winger.

My money is on him being a LWer moving forward, and probably for some team other than Calgary or Boston.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm curious to see if Lucic is going to do what he said he would, which was get leaner this off season. He was 240+ during the regular season last year, he said he wanted to get back to 220 where he was most of his time in Boston.

Also, Lucic is still a very good fighter ^
240 is way too big for him. No wonder he’s slow.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd be interested in Bennett but I'd want to give up NHL-ready prospects in exchange. The Bruins have a log-jam: Celharik, Bjork, Fitzgerald, JFK, Zboril, Lauzon, Senyshyn. ... I think all those guys are waiver eligible this year or next and I don't see room for them more than 1-2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad